Chelsea tickets (sold out) | Page 22 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea tickets (sold out)

Jan 6, 2004
I accept that many season ticket holders will be buying tickets for others but a potential market of 7000 buying 5500 in 24 hours just seems an extraordinarily high uptake for just about anything never mind something that involves expensive travel and either staying over night in London or getting up at 6am. I wouldn't think that many would even get around to it in 24 hours even if they were intending to buy a ticket. Still the obvious answer is usually the correct one, and it would simply appear that, whatever I might have guessed, they did!

Last edited:
Reactions: Knibbsworth
I’m not usually a season ticket holder. I can’t get to every home game because of work commitments so it’s just not worth it for me. ( I usually get to about 15-16 games at home plus a few away) With the Chelsea game in mind I bought a half season ticket. I’ll still probably miss 3 or 4 home games but was happy to lose financially in order to secure a Chelsea ticket. Seems a perfectly rational thing to do - Argyle gain from the deal and I get a ticket. I would imagine there are quite a few others, who are legitimate and loyal supporters who have done the same thing.

Reactions: Gazza and Bwb1989
Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
Where there’s a will, there’s a way. Myself and the other 15-20 non-ST holders who go regularly have all managed to source tickets. Some, including myself, have paid over the odds but others haven’t. ST holders who either couldn’t not or would not go were sniffed out the second the draw was made.

Dec 3, 2005
So: They shouldn't be allowed to go? They can't buy tickets? They're decrepit forgetful old ***** who don't know what they are doing? Someone should stop them embarrassing themselves poor old *-*******?

I know that you probably have little idea how offensive you are being.

I have been standing at football for nearly 60 years.

I prefer to sit for a 'normal' game but to suggest that anyone above a certain age can't stand for 90-120 minutes is discriminatory in the extreme.

No, I'm not going, I'll be riding a manta ray bareback unless I'm deemed too old to float these days.

I left my ST ticket in the mix, I sincerely hope that you didn't get it.
WOW

May 7, 2015
Nothing strange going on. It is actually about a 75% take up by ST holders. Remember several hundred tickets will be assigned to sponsors, staff and players.
I hoped my flexi would have got one even though I wouldn't have used it myself but ensured it went to a genuinely deserving fan.
This is true I know someone who works on the gate who was guaranteed her ticket before they went on sale she hasn't been to a game before this season and never been away, I suppose it's who you know

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
The only thing that annoys me about resale is that extra money often goes to ticket companies instead of Argyle.

At the end of the day season ticket holders have a right to buy that ticket and then pass it onto who they want. Personally don’t like the idea of making money from a football ticket because there is enough greed in football these days.

We already have talked about how expensive football is. And as fans by profiteering from a ticket we are just as bad as the football clubs.

Imagine what happens when we get to the premier league and have so many season ticket holders but there are only 2,000-3,000 away tickets (because you only get much limited amount in premier league games) being sold. Will be carnage.

People talk about the holy grail of the leagues above but with reduced chances of getting any sort of tickets and stupid ticket off times l do think people will miss the Saturday 3pm games and not being guaranteed of following Argyle away. At the moment in league 1 you can rock up to any away grounded knowing you can purchase a ticket beforehand.

Mar 23, 2019
The only thing that annoys me about resale is that extra money often goes to ticket companies instead of Argyle.

At the end of the day season ticket holders have a right to buy that ticket and then pass it onto who they want. Personally don’t like the idea of making money from a football ticket because there is enough greed in football these days.

We already have talked about how expensive football is. And as fans by profiteering from a ticket we are just as bad as the football clubs.

Imagine what happens when we get to the premier league and have so many season ticket holders but there are only 2,000-3,000 away tickets (because you only get much limited amount in premier league games) being sold. Will be carnage.

People talk about the holy grail of the leagues above but with reduced chances of getting any sort of tickets and stupid ticket off times l do think people will miss the Saturday 3pm games and not being guaranteed of following Argyle away. At the moment in league 1 you can rock up to any away grounded knowing you can purchase a ticket beforehand.
Hopefully Argyle may have seen whats happened here and introduce a points system like the majority of other decent sized clubs.

I went to Stamford Bridge about 15 years ago for a League Cup match against Leicester when I lived in London. Watched 2 fans have a fist fight in The Shed as one was sat in the other's allocated seat!

My wife's a Grimsby Town fan so I think we might be going to Notts County instead while many Argyle fans are at Chelsea. Assuming we can get a ticket for that - like Argyle, Town fans tend to travel in numbers.

M

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Hopefully Argyle may have seen whats happened here and introduce a points system like the majority of other decent sized clubs.
But like others have said, any points season will still give priority to season ticket holders first.

When they do become more successful though they will have to find something to separate the volume of season ticket holders.

l think personally it’s was a mistake to give a half season ticket holder the same privileges of that of a full season ticket holder.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I went to Stamford Bridge about 15 years ago for a League Cup match against Leicester when I lived in London. Watched 2 fans have a fist fight in The Shed as one was sat in the other's allocated seat!

My wife's a Grimsby Town fan so I think we might be going to Notts County instead while many Argyle fans are at Chelsea. Assuming we can get a ticket for that - like Argyle, Town fans tend to travel in numbers.

M
Many years ago I went to see Grimsby play at Chester with a friend. This was a pretty meaningless end-of-season dead rubber fixture but there were hundred and hundreds of Grimsby fans there. I guess there are probably a fair few exiles in the north-west but it was still very impressive.

Hope you have a good day out.

Reactions: Martin Brock
Sep 2, 2008
I dont think there is a solution that Argyle could come up with that solves the problem.

The only way it can be sorted imo is for the stupid rule limiting the allocation to be changed.

The FA Cup is a knockout tournament and so the allocation of tickets should be 50:50 giving the fans of both teams a chance to support their team. A cut off date for the sale of away tickets should be notified at which time any unsold tickets provided for the away team are returned for home fans to buy if they want them.

Reactions: smudja