Brief synopsis | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

• Thread starter I'mArgyleinDubai
  • Start date
Sep 6, 2006
Justin":3uv3r8lz said:
Some absolute rubbish being posted about Ladapo.
If you think he just ‘runs about a lot’ and is ‘enthusiastic’ you’re probably the same people who reckoned Bolasie was a headless chicken.

He’s a completely different type of player to Taylor.

Gee, why the constant negativity?

Has it occurred to you that we may have two outstanding forwards in the squad? One of whom will be highly sought after before long, and command a high fee should we not be able to resist. And I know which one that is.

So how many times you seen him play Justin?

Mar 16, 2009
London
Quintrell_Green":21w5pvj8 said:
nick_PASTIE":21w5pvj8 said:
Said it on many a thread since the Wycombe game. Ladapo is a more enthusiastic Jervis in that CF position, but he isn’t a persistent shaper. Taylor is a disciplined physical presence prepared to do the hard yards and maintain the shape for the inside forwards (when we attack) to exploit some space. He gave away a harsh pen against Southend but led the line well in a poor team performance but hasn’t started since. Unless he’s not match fit, i don’t understand why.

Ladapo is a great Plan B, the best we have had for several years but Taylor is the only way Derek’s current formation becomes effective, until that component is firing, we are trucked.

It is just a pity Argyle do not have a game plan or 8 outfielders that would allow both Tayor and Lapado to be upfront together and be successful. Tynan & Clayton did it as did Rafferty and Mariner. Am I expecting too much in the second decade of the 21st Century?

I think there is the germ of a plan developing not too dissimilar QG. It’s just very unlikely we’ll start with a 442. A 443 with Ladapo wide and Taylor down the middle might be an option a la Arsenal with Aubameyang and Lacazette.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Balham_Green":3rzyjp81 said:
Justin":3rzyjp81 said:
If you think he just ‘runs about a lot’ and is ‘enthusiastic’ you’re probably the same people who reckoned Bolasie was a headless chicken.

Has it occurred to you that we may have two outstanding forwards in the squad? One of whom will be highly sought after before long, and command a high fee should we not be able to resist. And I know which one that is.

4 times. More than enough to spot an outstanding talent in the position I know most about.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Quintrell_Green":nbvox859 said:
It is just a pity Argyle do not have a game plan or 8 outfielders that would allow both Tayor and Lapado to be upfront together and be successful. Tynan & Clayton did it as did Rafferty and Mariner. Am I expecting too much in the second decade of the 21st Century?

30-odd years ago, unfortunately. Football has moved on, and very few top teams now play two centre forwards up front together.

Sep 6, 2006
Justin":1oc1u4ww said:
Balham_Green":1oc1u4ww said:
Justin":1oc1u4ww said:

4 times. More than enough to spot an outstanding talent in the position I know most about.

You didn't play in that position!

May 1, 2011
Justin":173pg5wl said:
Balham_Green":173pg5wl said:
Justin":173pg5wl said:

Most arrogant post 2018....we have a winner.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Justin":37qyb5yi said:

Exactly.

Play Taylor as the one up-front with Ladapo playing the Jervis role, out wide running at the full back and cutting infield when necessary.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
GreenThing":3eowgdyh said:
Exactly.

Play Taylor as the one up-front with Ladapo playing the Jervis role, out wide running at the full back and cutting infield when necessary.

Exactly. Derek Adams take note!

Jan 8, 2017
Scouse Green
So many positives to take out of today. I think most of us would have taken a point going into the game yet it felt like we were very hard done by at the end.

A clean sheet to start with, Macey looking very confident between the sticks. After Rovers had their 10 minute spell at the start of the game, we controlled most of the 1st half. Both sides were better in the 2nd half but only one team really looking likely and still can't work out how we didn't score today.

Some harsh criticism of Freddie on here today, I thought he worked his socks off and chased down lost causes and very much contributed. Joel Grant was superb coming on, causing absolute havoc to their right back and consistently getting in behind.

Good pubs as ever, the Wellington had some nice stuff on but was very busy very early. Found a hidden gem, the Annexe Inn about a 10 minute walk from the ground. Lovely little place and very welcoming.

Hopefully we've turned a corner today anyway, onwards and upwards....

Mar 16, 2009
London
Bristol Rich":h806vrx4 said:
Justin":h806vrx4 said:
Balham_Green":h806vrx4 said:
Justin":h806vrx4 said:

Not intended to be at arrogant. But as usual you choose to misinterpret my post.

Are you and Balham Green some kind of dark double act who attack anyone who dares to stick up for one of our players?

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Justin":3geuoglv said:
Bristol Rich":3geuoglv said:
Balham_Green":3geuoglv said:

Not intended to be at arrogant. But as usual you choose to misinterpret my post.

Are you and Balham Green some kind of dark double act who attack anyone who dares to stick up for one of our players?

Exactly! :banghead:

Oct 29, 2009
I thought Ladapo was outstanding up too today with limited resources, he held the ball up well when fed the correct ball, and ran the channels efficiently. When he had the opportunity to turn and run at the back four he scared the life out of them. His distribution with the ball at his feet was neat and tidy as well. I personally prefer him up top than Taylor. I think everyone is in agreement that he has been one of the better signings, and if Taylor does manage to take his place going forward it can only be a good thing and means Taylor will be at his best. Im sure a scoring streak is just round the corner for Ledapo. A point away from home is a good point wherever you go, and I am sure there are poorer sides in L1 than BR, even if they were fairly uninspiring today.

On a personal note the 12.30pm kick off was a god send, waking up at 3am here in NZ to watch Argyle so far this season has been hard work! To add to the pain the only victory against BC was was not being streamed due to location restrictions! Agree with the earlier post, surely Radio Devon can find a more inspiring commentator than Shaun McCarthy......

Apr 5, 2008
Some positives at last.The beginning of another mega-run I feel.Watch out Pompey!

Argyle are coming for you

Green Army

:scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Bristol Rich":2h45833l said:
Justin":2h45833l said:
Balham_Green":2h45833l said:
Justin":2h45833l said:

And after Justin collects his award you can then pick up the Most unjustified post 2018. The man is just expressing a forthright opinion, far more passionate than some of the other "I know more than you" dross we get here.

May 1, 2011
memory man":tr1ce981 said:
Bristol Rich":tr1ce981 said:
Justin":tr1ce981 said:
Balham_Green":tr1ce981 said:
Justin":tr1ce981 said:

And after Justin collects his award you can then pick up the Most unjustified post 2018. The man is just expressing a forthright opinion, far more passionate than some of the other "I know more than you" dross we get here.

The post was exactly that 'I know more than you'

Lapado doesn't need defending from me, I thought he was our most dangerous player today. I'd like to see him up top with Taylor.