Brief synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

• Thread starter I'mArgyleinDubai
  • Start date
Sep 3, 2009
Dan Ellard":1rgf9dqz said:
My worry is that for all of Ladapo's endeavour and industry up top, that is now just 5 goals in 7 games for us (and just 2 in 5 in the league!) since we started putting him up front instead of Taylor. At least with Taylor it was 2 in 2. Worrying.

Is Taylor still injured, or is Ladapo just preferred?

Mar 8, 2016
We know we’re in the poo if fans are coming back using the old at least we tried comments as a positive from the match

Feb 2, 2007
Balham_Green":39e7qu1w said:
nick_PASTIE":39e7qu1w said:
Derek says we were superior.

Mother Superior

Just need some luck in front of goal he says. If you miss an open goal it aint bad luck I'm afraid Derek.

He says people I’m Plymouth say it’s raining when the suns shining.

It’s bloody torrential at the moment and there’s a tsunami approaching Plymouth Sound.

Mar 21, 2013
I'mArgyleinDubai":2wy0eefc said:
Balham_Green":2wy0eefc said:
I'mArgyleinDubai":2wy0eefc said:
Much better from Argyle. Entertaining game, which we probably just shaded and had a golden opportunity to win after good work from Ladapo to set up Sarcevic. We looked MUCH more solid. Signs that we're finding out what our best team is. Hopefully, this is the turning point.

Macey 9- Probably our MOM. Made some really important stops and looked confident.

Sawyer 7- Solid. It goes unnoticed, but he makes positioning and distribution look easy. It's noticeable when our other full-backs play.

Riley 4- Was getting skinned before being taken off

Canavan 7- Had a good game, won his aerial battles and defended well.

Edwards 7- The same

Songo'o 6 - Defensively strong as usual, works so hard, but poor distribution

Ness 7 - A reliable worker in the middle. Neat and tidy.

Sarcevic 7 - Our creative spark. Lots of good pressing high up the pitch, but missed a sitter.

C Grant 5 - Lively first half. Went missing 2nd before being taken off.

Carey 6 - Another off day, but moments of magic worth having him on the pitch for.

Ladapo 8 - Did a brilliant job up on his own. Ran in behind, held the ball up well and brought others into the game. Will have lots of bruises this eve from being battered and fought hard.

Joel Grant 8- Came on and made a big impact on the game. Beat his man a number of times, gave us an outlet and created some good openings.

'Entertaining game'!!!!! Blimey mate you need to get out more. I know you live in a desert but....

Strange comment about 'getting out more' from a fella who regularly picks arguments on a fans forum :lol:

That about sums him up, spent his day on here picking fault with anyone who isn’t negative & trying to make everyone feel as miserable as he does & for some reason feels the need to judge someone on THEIR enjoyment of a game, Mr dull & arrogant all in one, a real party animal.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Enjoyed the game, enjoyed the obvious effort being put in, enjoyed the goalmouth scrambles, enjoyed the fans getting behind the lads, enjoyed the songs singing Freddie Ladapo’s name, enjoyed that Zak Vyner chose to watch the match with the Green Army on his day off.

Green tint and proud of the boys today. I would, of course, be even prouder if a chance had been converted but it is what it is.

Sep 25, 2010
rsp4":osz1bd4v said:
My son has just got back and in his word very poor and a dire game between 2 teams looking more like relegation candidate's

He also said there is something wrong with the players. Being so close to them he could see by body language and talking all is not right in the PAFC world.

But your son is completely wrong, absolute bullpoo

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
IJN":3r9skit3 said:
I enjoyed the game.

Plus we tried til the very end.

Green Tint here, no problems with being called that either.

It's actually more worrying that we tried and could only get a 0-0, then if we didn't try and got a 0-0...

Rush Goalie":3r9skit3 said:
Is Taylor still injured, or is Ladapo just preferred?

Ladapo is preferred. I would play Taylor though because of what he has achieved in the last 2 seasons with us and has been said Taylor would score more goals.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wasn’t a sparkling performance but it was an improvement & we were the better side.

On to next week.

Mar 23, 2008
You don't go from being really bad to being really good, you have to have the transition of being average first. Sounds like today we were a smidge better than average so I'll take that, it's a start.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":2qvy0oyt said:
I'mArgyleinDubai":2qvy0oyt said:
Much better from Argyle. Entertaining game, which we probably just shaded and had a golden opportunity to win after good work from Ladapo to set up Sarcevic. We looked MUCH more solid. Signs that we're finding out what our best team is. Hopefully, this is the turning point.

Macey 9- Probably our MOM. Made some really important stops and looked confident.

Sawyer 7- Solid. It goes unnoticed, but he makes positioning and distribution look easy. It's noticeable when our other full-backs play.

Riley 4- Was getting skinned before being taken off

Canavan 7- Had a good game, won his aerial battles and defended well.

Edwards 7- The same

Songo'o 6 - Defensively strong as usual, works so hard, but poor distribution

Ness 7 - A reliable worker in the middle. Neat and tidy.

Sarcevic 7 - Our creative spark. Lots of good pressing high up the pitch, but missed a sitter.

C Grant 5 - Lively first half. Went missing 2nd before being taken off.

Carey 6 - Another off day, but moments of magic worth having him on the pitch for.

Ladapo 8 - Did a brilliant job up on his own. Ran in behind, held the ball up well and brought others into the game. Will have lots of bruises this eve from being battered and fought hard.

Joel Grant 8- Came on and made a big impact on the game. Beat his man a number of times, gave us an outlet and created some good openings.

'Entertaining game'!!!!! Blimey mate you need to get out more. I know you live in a desert but....

Totally agree. The game was not entertaining as far as I’m concerned.

I thought we were poor. In fact both sides were poor. To me it was points dropped rather than 1 point gained.

What is evident to me is that Our distribution from the back is really poor, with no moves starting from the back so our midfield don’t get into the game as much as they could. We’ve got decent passing midfielders in Carey, Sarcevic and Joel Grantvwhen he came on but they don’t get on the ball enough because the ball bypasses them from back to front.

I’m starting to get really worried as we didn’t create much against (IMO) one of the weakest teams in L1.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
JannerinCardiff":6xawy42q said:
I’m starting to get really worried as we didn’t create much against (IMO) one of the weakest teams in L1.

Me too we have creative players like Reuben and Dyson but they are not being played, and Carey who is very strangely off-form.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Deacster":1w0smad4 said:
You don't go from being really bad to being really good, you have to have the transition of being average first. Sounds like today we were a smidge better than average so I'll take that, it's a start.

If we had taken one of our chances people would have been calling it a good performance, which I think it was.

As you say, it’s a start!