Brief synopsis | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

• Thread starter I'mArgyleinDubai
  • Start date
Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":slsh0cl7 said:
memory man":slsh0cl7 said:
Bristol Rich":slsh0cl7 said:
Justin":slsh0cl7 said:
Balham_Green":slsh0cl7 said:
Justin":slsh0cl7 said:
Some absolute rubbish being posted about Ladapo.
If you think he just ‘runs about a lot’ and is ‘enthusiastic’ you’re probably the same people who reckoned Bolasie was a headless chicken.

He’s a completely different type of player to Taylor.

Gee, why the constant negativity?

Has it occurred to you that we may have two outstanding forwards in the squad? One of whom will be highly sought after before long, and command a high fee should we not be able to resist. And I know which one that is.

So how many times you seen him play Justin?

4 times. More than enough to spot an outstanding talent in the position I know most about.

Most arrogant post 2018....we have a winner.
And after Justin collects his award you can then pick up the Most unjustified post 2018. The man is just expressing a forthright opinion, far more passionate than some of the other "I know more than you" dross we get here.

The post was exactly that 'I know more than you'

Lapado doesn't need defending from me, I thought he was our most dangerous player today. I'd like to see him up top with Taylor.

Same here. I've never criticised him! Just think it's a bit early to be raving over him. What was that Bristol City striker On loan 2 years ago called?

Oct 24, 2010
I thought we did very well yesterday. For an hour we played a very solid 4411 and for the most part comfortably contained Rovers and caused one or two problems of our own. After sixty minutes Adams swapped Grants and went with an attacking 433 formation and from then on we dominated the game and created enough good chances to have won comfortably. Disappointing not to have won but a very much improved performance with a number of positives not least the clean sheet. Onwards and upwards.

Oct 24, 2010
I've been impressed with Lapado so far. He does the things Taylor does (holds the ball and brings others into play) but he also has pace an power and can run the channels. It's early days but I can see why Adams prefers him and he will only get better with experience.

Oct 24, 2010
Have to say I was really impressed with Canavan again. I've seen him play three times(fortunately not the Peterborough game) and he has been excellent; we have only conceded one goal in those three games and kept two clean sheets. He reads the game very well and always seems to be in the right place; as the saying goes the three most important things about defending are position, position and position.

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":jryrqdw4 said:
Have to say I was really impressed with Canavan again. I've seen him play three times(fortunately not the Peterborough game) and he has been excellent; we have only conceded one goal in those three games and kept two clean sheets. He reads the game very well and always seems to be in the right place; as the saying goes the three most important things about defending are position, position and position.

Think you made that saying up!

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":29sp8caa said:
I thought we did very well yesterday. For an hour we played a very solid 4411 and for the most part comfortably contained Rovers and caused one or two problems of our own. After sixty minutes Adams swapped Grants and went with an attacking 433 formation and from then on we dominated the game and created enough good chances to have won comfortably. Disappointing not to have won but a very much improved performance with a number of positives not least the clean sheet. Onwards and upwards.

Perhaps if we had been positive from the start we might have won? What do you think eh?

Oct 24, 2010
Balham_Green":1g79i09v said:
esmer":1g79i09v said:

Perhaps if we had been positive from the start we might have won? What do you think eh?
This is an historic moment Balham because you may actually have a valid point. Adams will call it game management but I on this one rare occasion agree with you, had he been positive and gone with 433 from the start we would have given ourselves a better chance of winning the game. Well done!

Sep 6, 2006
esmer":1sumsshq said:
Balham_Green":1sumsshq said:
esmer":1sumsshq said:

This is an historic moment Balham because you may actually have a valid point. Adams will call it game management but I on this one rare occasion agree with you, had he been positive and gone with 433 from the start we would have given ourselves a better chance of winning the game. Well done!

You see you are learning. Adams often gets it wrong.

May 8, 2011
Balham_Green":3rdt5wfa said:
esmer":3rdt5wfa said:
Balham_Green":3rdt5wfa said:
esmer":3rdt5wfa said:

You see you are learning. Adams often gets it wrong.

Or perhaps you have the benefit of hindsight, which is a wonderful thing.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It all still looks a bit pre season to me.

Yesterday’s match would have been a typical first match of the season type. Keep it tight, try different formations and subs and try and go for the win second half.

We’re 5 matches behind others at the moment

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Bristol Rich":o1lxxn26 said:
Interestingly our season turned last year when we became more positive and more attacking.

It didn’t, though.

We ended our nightmare run with hard fought draws with Shrewsbury and Blackburn, both of which we were criticised for being too negative. Then a very tough 1-0 win at Wimbledon, then a 1-1 draw with Rochdale in which there was again criticism that we didn’t attack more and finish them off.

Then again a 1-0 win at Bradford in which they dominated but we were defensively superb. A freak 0-4 defeat to Oxford when we played the whole game with 10 men, then a few more solid performances before we beat Oldham 4-1 with Lameiras in the team.

The incredible run we then went on was built on those solid, defence-focused displays where we stopped the rot and built confidence.

Mar 16, 2009
London
esmer":2cmvkpnp said:

Great to read such a positive post about one of the new defenders. We certainly looked solid at the back yesterday.
Just maybe Peterborough will go down as an early season one-off.