Brief synopsis | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief synopsis

• Thread starter I'mArgyleinDubai
  • Start date
Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
A TURGID ( read as TURD ) 1st half from 2 very poor teams clearly in for a long season. Atmosphere as damp as a wet squid

2nd half was slightly more exciting and a few more chances for both teams who clearly lack any quality.
Joel Grant turned the game around and gave us that width and speed to take people on.

Could of pinched all the points but you have to start somewhere.

Back four was better for Sawyer being amongst it but not sure ASB should be the one making way when our 3 CB's are all useless.
Riley is a waste of space as is Conor Grant who clearly is not a left midfielder

Carey had another off day and was hardly involved

Ladapo held the line and ran the channels well but with little support

Ness and Sarcevic were both off the pace

The fact Joel Grants cameo role as sub was MOM says it all really.

And why oh why did we not have a right winger who could attack their 3rd choice Left back who was promoted up from the kids for his 1st game.
Does DA not research the opposition ?

Feel that was an opportunity to get our first win and 3 pts on the board thrown away once again

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
samjones":3jyw5tfq said:
A TURGID ( read as TURD ) 1st half from 2 very poor teams clearly in for a long season. Atmosphere as damp as a wet squid

2nd half was slightly more exciting and a few more chances for both teams who clearly lack any quality.
Joel Grant turned the game around and gave us that width and speed to take people on.

could have pinched all the points but you have to start somewhere.

Back four was better for Sawyer being amongst it but not sure ASB should be the one making way when our 3 CB's are all useless.
Riley is a waste of space as is Conor Grant who clearly is not a left midfielder

And why oh why did we not have a right winger who could attack their 3rd choice Left back who was promoted up from the kids for his 1st game.

Feel that was an opportunity to get our first win and 3 pts on the board thrown away once again
Can't disagree with any of that, except I feel CG would be good in the centre alongside a *cough* Toums.

Feb 2, 2007
Just cracked open a bottle of Bolly. That's 1 more point than I thought we would get in September

HAPPY DAYS

Jan 7, 2013
slingsby_pobble":1b742ile said:
Says a lot that we're thrilled with a 0-0 draw. For me, the worrying lesson is that we were evenly matched - against relegation contenders Rovers.

Some positives to take from the game but 3 points from 7 games...? Could do with some green tints convincing me that everything will be ok!
Who has said they are thrilled?

I

I'mArgyleinDubai

Balham_Green":3cfs2rkz said:
I'mArgyleinDubai":3cfs2rkz said:
Much better from Argyle. Entertaining game, which we probably just shaded and had a golden opportunity to win after good work from Ladapo to set up Sarcevic. We looked MUCH more solid. Signs that we're finding out what our best team is. Hopefully, this is the turning point.

Macey 9- Probably our MOM. Made some really important stops and looked confident.

Sawyer 7- Solid. It goes unnoticed, but he makes positioning and distribution look easy. It's noticeable when our other full-backs play.

Riley 4- Was getting skinned before being taken off

Canavan 7- Had a good game, won his aerial battles and defended well.

Edwards 7- The same

Songo'o 6 - Defensively strong as usual, works so hard, but poor distribution

Ness 7 - A reliable worker in the middle. Neat and tidy.

Sarcevic 7 - Our creative spark. Lots of good pressing high up the pitch, but missed a sitter.

C Grant 5 - Lively first half. Went missing 2nd before being taken off.

Carey 6 - Another off day, but moments of magic worth having him on the pitch for.

Ladapo 8 - Did a brilliant job up on his own. Ran in behind, held the ball up well and brought others into the game. Will have lots of bruises this eve from being battered and fought hard.

Joel Grant 8- Came on and made a big impact on the game. Beat his man a number of times, gave us an outlet and created some good openings.

'Entertaining game'!!!!! Blimey mate you need to get out more. I know you live in a desert but....

From the perspective of a fan, it could have gone either way for the full 90 mins, was end to end and a hell of a lot better than the last few games. So yeah, I'd say it was entertaining.

Strange comment about 'getting out more' from a fella who regularly picks arguments on a fans forum :lol:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
samjones":3hcu7hrw said:

could have pinched all the points but you have to start somewhere.

I think the saying is "damp squib".

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I enjoyed the game.

Plus we tried til the very end.

Green Tint here, no problems with being called that either.

Oct 31, 2015
My son has just got back and in his word very poor and a dire game between 2 teams looking more like relegation candidate's

He also said there is something wrong with the players. Being so close to them he could see by body language and talking all is not right in the PAFC world.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":3d2wpftn said:
I enjoyed the game.

Plus we tried til the very end.

Green Tint here, no problems with being called that either.

'Tried til the very end'. ?! :facepalm: That was very good of them. One of the few positives - they didnt give up.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Anyone see the argument at the end between Wotton and some matey in the home end?

Sep 6, 2006
nick_PASTIE":1sprrc54 said:
Derek says we were superior.

Mother Superior

Just need some luck in front of goal he says. If you miss an open goal it aint bad luck I'm afraid Derek.