Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Balham_Green":63d09kne said:
Ollieargyle9":63d09kne said:
I think people have covered off most of the negatives above so I'll run through a few positives:

Songo'o - Not sure what has happened to him but he seemed to have turned into Pirlo over night. He was spraying passes left right and centre, each time finding his man. The ball seemed to stick to him as well, 2 or 3 times the ball came to him in dodgy areas and he managed to juke his man and find himself space. We've found our new Carey :lol:

Lamieras & Taylor - It'll come as no surprise to anyone that with our best players from last year we actually looked like a threat. Lamieras offered some actual penetration, I'd almost forgotten what that looked like. And Carey finally looked a little like his old self with someone to play off and Taylor occupying bodies for him. It was clear these are the first names on the team sheet, I was quite excited first half at Walsall seeing these 3 back together. I can't quite believe it's taken Adams this long to realise our best players from last year might be able to do a job this year as well...

Sarcevic - Sarce and Songo'o have probably been the two players who have consistently proven their metal this year. Whilst the rest of the team has seemingly collapsed around them, these two have continued to perform. I've come away from most games this year thinking most of the players have embarrassed themselves and Argyle, each time though Sarce and Yann are exceptions to that rule. Sarce doesn't seem to stop running, putting his body about and linking up attack and defence. It would be nice if others helped him out a bit, there's only so much 2 midfielders can do up against 11 opponents. Somebody (Carey) needs to start using the positions Sarce has been getting us to up the field.

Queue - For the ticket office was very short, I had to pick up some tickets for Charlton next week. I suppose one of the benefits of us losing each week is nobody wants to buy any tickets.

Dinner - I had a lovely pasta bake for dinner when I got home.

I agree with the others. Can't think of a meaningful contribution by Taylor. Can you enlighten us ? Just looked very rusty. Perhaps with game time will improve but doesn't deserve game time. Catch 22.

Agreed, it's a tricky one as Ladapo looks like he could be a real threat if he got some actual service and so doesn't really deserve to be dropped.

That said he's not the target man we need, we need Taylor at his best; occupying defenders, creating space and holding up the ball for Carey and Lameiras. I saw glimpses of that yesterday but he lost the ball more often than he didn't sadly.

It's very much a catch 22; you either play Ladapo and hope that he picks up the mental aspects of target man role quickly enough to allow Carey and Ruben to have an impact or you play Taylor and hope that he regains his fitness and form quickly enough to turn our fortunes around. Neither option is perfect or a quick fix sadly.

Jul 13, 2006
I'd be gutted if I was Freddie. Why would you take your one goal threat off when 1-0 down.
Riley doesn't look like a footballer, let alone a right back. Can anyone confirm he was a regular in that Shrews team?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I seem to be the only person who see's something in Riley, a bit all at sea first half, but I thought he had a very good second, kept Delfouneso out of the game second half & overlapped well. What's Tafari Moore done that's better? All I've seen from Moore is him letting players glide past him, he just runs around a bit more than Riley, Argyle fans have always seemed to rate anyone who runs around, odd.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge":2cqy53nn said:
I seem to be the only person who see's something in Riley, a bit all at sea first half, but I thought he had a very good second, kept Delfouneso out of the game second half & overlapped well. What's Tafari Moore done that's better? All I've seen from Moore is him letting players glide past him, he just runs around a bit more than Riley, Argyle fans have always seemed to rate anyone who runs around, odd.

The fact that Moore is crap unfortunately doesn't prevent Riley also being crap

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":1bgl9ei5 said:

So you didn't notice his complete inability to cross a ball.?! Only reason he improved second half was Blackpool went into their shell.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Cobi Budge":3u3hsbis said:
what about rileys late "cross/slant" very late on which sailed into the demport?i agree with your comment about you being the only person who sees something in riley.gary left back and the talented but albeit ASB left footed at right back.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Cobi Budge":1vwyb6h3 said:

:lol:

At least Moore is in a position for a defender to glide past him. Riley was so far off the mark Delfouneso had pretty much free reign over that side of the pitch, he didn't need to get past him as he quite simply wasn't there.

It's not very often fans ironically cheer one of their own players but Riley more than deserved the criticism, that came late in the first half and was the first time the ball came near him and he didn't cock something up.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We'll agree to disagree but I think one thing is for sure, neither are a patch on Threlkeld, and I was even one of the people saying we could replace him.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":2wjqsyc3 said:
r4h4al":2wjqsyc3 said:
Good summary. I thought we generally played well. Miles the better side and deserved an easy win. Song'o, Sarcevic, Ladapo the standouts. But we won't score as proved today with Ladapo up front on his own.

Blackpool had 1 chance took it, and back to the walls for 20 minutes which just about worked because we weren't good enough to score.

Onto the next game.

You got confused mate. Argyle were the team playing in green.

I know I standby what I said.

Riley doesn't look like a footballer, let alone a right back. Can anyone confirm he was a regular in that Shrews team?

Agree. He plays like a fan with an Argyle shirt on.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
foreigner":3d9o8n9e said:
I'd be gutted if I was Freddie. Why would you take your one goal threat off when 1-0 down.
he played 42 times for the shrews last season.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Steve Evans":gwfpo751 said:
foreigner":gwfpo751 said:

He played 20 times for them last season, mainly as a sub and a lot of those apps were in cup competitions. Tragic family circumstances might have something to do with the number of apps though. Sure I read he was injured as well at some point.

There was quite a buzz when we signed him, which I didn’t get. I think people assumed he was their first choice.

As with the rest of the new signings bar Freddie, I’m personally waiting for them to show anything worthwhile and wondering what the point was in signing them. Surely there’s no way they were first, second or even third choices.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Sam Barker":37gib0lx said:
Steve Evans":37gib0lx said:
foreigner":37gib0lx said:

He played 20 times for them last season, mainly as a sub and a lot of those apps were in cup competitions. Tragic family circumstances might have something to do with the number of apps though. Sure I read he was injured as well at some point.

There was quite a buzz when we signed him, which I didn’t get. I think people assumed he was their first choice.

As with the rest of the new signings bar Freddie, I’m personally waiting for them to show anything worthwhile and wondering what the point was in signing them. Surely there’s no way they were first, second or even third choices.
He has been on the winning side at HP. On 28 February 2015 he played for Bury and they won 2-0. They were promoted that year. His season and a half at Bury seems to be the only place where he was an automatic choice. He does have 2 Premier League starts to his name while at Bolton under Owen Coyle.

Aug 13, 2011
It is worrying. Last season it was a new division, we were finding our feet. This season we haven't replaced good players like Threlkeld, Viner and Bradley with anything like the same pedigree of player. We also lack a Tombs or Masaki in midfield to knit things and bcuz of lack of foresight we have to wait until January for even loan signings. The players drafted in look bereft of confidence at this level and lack pace. Also he doesn't play his best players in the starting line up anyway. It's coming up to 10 games, our chances at Charlton are very slim, it is looking very serious. He has a winning attacking formula he has ignored for some stubborn reason of persisting with Ladapo who doesn't fit the system that gave us so much success last season and he's too stubborn to see this. Lameiras doesn't get starts. He needs to start him..Taylor was the lynch pin of all things purposeful going forward last season. Where is he in the starting 11. Totally bizarre and all very daunting. Incompetence everywhere you look at the moment......... hence bottom and rooted.

Apr 5, 2008
Having seen the highlights now,unlucky Argyle.

Their Goal was rather fortunate ,and plenty of effort from the team 2nd half could have scored at least a couple on another day,on to Charlton ,and maybe we can get our first win of the season.

Aug 13, 2011
I'd love to see a win at Charlton. Am I expecting that? No. For reasons stated, the team needs a drastic overhaul and a big change in thinking. We need to get the successful players of last season back playing together from the kick offs and get out of experimentation mode before it inflicts grievous damage to the campaign. It's getting that way now.