Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":22jw0z4p said:
Why should anybody criticising the current performances be told to give it a rest?

That’s not it at all. It’s the same old posters ridiculing others for having the temerity to look at the positives.

The performances aren’t anywhere near good enough, but there ARE positives and green shoots to build on.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oldage":2genpjpt said:
Why should anybody criticising the current performances be told to give it a rest?
Regular fans can only take a certain amount of this dross.We pay good money to enjoy an afternoon watching Argyle and unfortunately that is not the case at the moment. Those of you with green tints are clutching at straws. Until we get a regular goalscorer we will continue to struggle.
we have a regular goalscorer in reserve.yes.alex fletcher.i would play him for the rest of the season.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
oldage":32coe8jj said:
Those of you with green tints are clutching at straws. Until we get a regular goalscorer we will continue to struggle.
My ‘green tint’ optimism is quite simple – if you look back at the starting eleven involved in that amazing run we had last season there are seven players who were pretty much ever-present ……….. Sawyer, Fox, Ness, Carey, Taylor, Sarcevic and Lamieras – plus appearances from Songo & Joel Grant. We’ve also added a ‘keeper that most would agree is just as good if not better in Macey. So basically we’ve STILL got about two thirds of the team that blew other sides away for much of last season.

Now obviously losing Bradly, Oscar and Vyner is a big blow that has ripped out our defensive base ……….. Taylor and Sarcevic are still not back to full fitness – and Carey, Lameiras & Fox have been in poor form (although partly as a result of the disrupted base?). But to my mind it is not just a case of “clutching at straws” to expect that at some point the defence will be sorted out (maybe with loans or just organisation), Adams will settle on a formation and line-up, and those players who blew so hot for so long last year will regain form & fitness at some point to see us move up the league........no straws required.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":1hja0rvw said:
Balham_Green":1hja0rvw said:
r4h4al":1hja0rvw said:
I actually think there's loads to be optimistic about. If you take the Peterborough game and Blackpool game it's chalk and cheese. We are looking far better particularly defensively we have sorted that problem and I think all the players except Carey I suppose have improved or are putting in 100% effort. So really good signs and I think we will stay up.

(And wouldn't surprise me if Blackpool went down actually.)

I would like to see the new full backs back in the team though, Moore and Brown, we just need Carey to start scoring and getting Mom again and Taylor needs to start to get the best out of the midfield.

'Loads to be optimistic about'. Bottom of the League haven't scored for weeks just lost to a team you think will go down (they wont). HILARIOUS. Let us know when you are back on planet earth.

There is though. We're getting better not worse. If we are getting worse I would understand your point but I don't really.

So how are we getting better by losing to a team you have told us is going down? Doesn’t make sense. If anything we are getting worse! We didn't lose the first 2 home games!

Sep 6, 2006
Ave_IT":1t2soonk said:
oldage":1t2soonk said:
Those of you with green tints are clutching at straws. Until we get a regular goalscorer we will continue to struggle.
My ‘green tint’ optimism is quite simple – if you look back at the starting eleven involved in that amazing run we had last season there are seven players who were pretty much ever-present ……….. Sawyer, Fox, Ness, Carey, Taylor, Sarcevic and Lamieras – plus appearances from Songo & Joel Grant. We’ve also added a ‘keeper that most would agree is just as good if not better in Macey. So basically we’ve STILL got about two thirds of the team that blew other sides away for much of last season.

Now obviously losing Bradly, Oscar and Vyner is a big blow that has ripped out our defensive base ……….. Taylor and Sarcevic are still not back to full fitness – and Carey, Lameiras & Fox have been in poor form (although partly as a result of the disrupted base?). But to my mind it is not just a case of “clutching at straws” to expect that at some point the defence will be sorted out (maybe with loans or just organisation), Adams will settle on a formation and line-up, and those players who blew so hot for so long last year will regain form & fitness at some point to see us move up the league........no straws required.

You have forgotten Dougaragou from last season. An important player. Then Makasi who looks better than O' Keefe

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Balham_Green":2oe540s5 said:
Ave_IT":2oe540s5 said:
oldage":2oe540s5 said:

You have forgotten Dougaragou from last season. An important player. Then Makasi who looks better than O' Keefe
No I hadn’t forgotten – Toums was certainly a BIG part of our turn-around, but his last game was Jan 6th – we continued our good run for many games after he left. In fact the impact the arrival of one player can have kind of backs up the argument that things can change quickly if the rest of the raw materials are already present (as they still are). Makasi didn’t arrive until February (admittedly better than O’Keefe on Saturday’s evidence) but he made only 7 appearances.

Mar 14, 2009
There is one key fact though last season that occurred whilst the good run happened.

Away from home we were one of the lowest goal scoring teams of league one.

If you keep leaking goals, and still haven't addressed that issue, even with the "magnificent seven" on the pitch we wont score enough goals when away from HP. Whether that's due to the system, the number of players who actually get forward in support of the ST or the actual players themselves it an issue that even the players of last season cant turn around until we simply stop leaking goals.

Sep 6, 2006
Ave_IT":1newtx8t said:
Balham_Green":1newtx8t said:
Ave_IT":1newtx8t said:
oldage":1newtx8t said:

No I hadn’t forgotten – Toums was certainly a BIG part of our turn-around, but his last game was Jan 6th – we continued our good run for many games after he left. In fact the impact the arrival of one player can have kind of backs up the argument that things can change quickly if the rest of the raw materials are already present (as they still are). Makasi didn’t arrive until February (admittedly better than O’Keefe on Saturday’s evidence) but he made only 7 appearances.

Don't think we won many away games after Toums left.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Balham_Green":n4fs53yk said:
Don't think we won many away games after Toums left.

First five away games after he left, we won 3 and drew 2. Then Charlton away happened and our away form collapsed.