Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool)

Dec 3, 2005
Bristol Rovers and Blackpool niether of those teams have any quality and yet we can't score against either.

A better 2nd half by argyle - after the double change - Taylor and Lamiras MUST start next game.

1st half was woeful and felt like it was an hour long.

With better finishing - they could have been 3- 0 up

And for DA to go on the radio and say we should have won it 4- 1 what exactly was he watching - fantasy football?

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Today was flat from the start. You could sense it from the fans that we didn't really expect to win or even score but a draw would be positive. We are really that bad......make no mistake we are a shambles! Losing Oscar, Sonny and Vyner was a massive loss for our defence but I don't really blame Derek for that. However the replacements are poor at best and the tactics are shocking which I do blame Derek for. We have no flexibility to our play. Derek is so stubborn and rigid that it is causing us major problems. If we were in Premier league or Championship then I'd understand we were punching above our weight but come on, in this league with our support and history we are under performing. I don't understand why so many fans clapped that performance today. It was shocking and embarrassing. 8 games in now without a win in the league is it? I know a little luck our way and we could have sneaked a draw or even undeserved win but we could have been 3 down by the Cullen show within the first half today.

I really do hope that I don't have a clue when it comes to Argyle and football but the management/directors at PAFC are footballing wizards. We've committed ourselves with Derek and I just can't see us getting out of this mess anytime soon.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
dereks failing for me is his stubborness.i rate him and like him but dropping lameiras for mister o'keefe is totally wrong.lameiras should start with cameron sangster on the bench.we should also get fletcher involved as he is a natural goalscorer,he scored another brace yesterday.i also feel that paul wooton,kevin nancekiville and the royal marine add anything to us.can anybody out there explain the "benefit" of the formation dancing routine before the second half starts?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Biggest concern for me is that I don't see how any of the new recruits is an upgrade on last season. Ladapo might be an exception in that he offers something different but it was quite noticeable that we looked more threatening when Taylor and Lameiras came on. I also think Carey misses players who are tidy with the ball - Fox, Lameiras and Taylor are all good at this as was proven last season. All missing today and there weren't too many interchanges with Carey until they came on.

I know Ladapo has his fans, but I'd revert to type - Taylor the pivot, Lameiras and Carey working off him and Fox for an hour or so for distribution from deep (which was simply awful today).

Jul 4, 2008
newton abbot
Taylor had an opportunity to score a sitter today. He could not turn and make a connection. Ladapo would not of missed! Form player. I was gobsmacked by the substitution! Why bring on someone out of form and take of someone in form? Beggars belief!

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Yep, Taylor did have that opportunity, but given the number of opportunities Ladapo has spooned in the 3 games I've watched, I wouldn't have backed him either.

But, you miss the point. Taylor plays back to goal and brings others into the game - witness how this worked so effectively last season. Ladapo is ok with back to goal but seems to prefer the ball in front of him.

Jul 17, 2011
I know many will say it’s not his fault the defenders are rubbish, but why has he dropped Moore for Riley? He’s not far of Gary miller that lad, he tries but if he’s out no1 right back then hello Morecambe next season.

Wootton- I mean - the guy has 2 left feet and is slow, yet Peter grant doesn’t get a look in.

The thing is- last year I felt if we sacked DA we wouldn’t have a team to play for a new manager, but now I think the likes of Carey, Lameiras, ainsworth, Wylde could get their sales up with some new found belief.

Unfortunately I think this is doom and gloom already this year, miracles don’t happen twice!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Clarke_B":n7iytqjx said:
Awful and embarrassing performance. Unless we get rid of Adams it's a trip to Gateshead or Wrexham next season.
I think that will actually be the season after next!!

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Good summary. I thought we generally played well. Miles the better side and deserved an easy win. Song'o, Sarcevic, Ladapo the standouts. But we won't score as proved today with Ladapo up front on his own.

Blackpool had 1 chance took it, and back to the walls for 20 minutes which just about worked because we weren't good enough to score.

Onto the next game.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
r4h4al":3ff8oqty said:
Good summary. I thought we generally played well. Miles the better side and deserved an easy win. Song'o, Sarcevic, Ladapo the standouts. But we won't score as proved today with Ladapo up front on his own.

Blackpool had 1 chance took it, and back to the walls for 20 minutes which just about worked because we weren't good enough to score.

Onto the next game.

Haha you've been at the same stuff Adams has.

We had a good 20 minute spell, coincidentally when Adams bit the bullet and brought on his arch nemesis Lameiras. Must've pained him to see a player try to take the opponent on and show a bit of flair

Very disappointing result again. First 20 i thought we were way too open and loose in our play.
I was expecting, after the goaless draw at rovers, a similar type of game. Especially to start off with.
Instead we were pushing up and throwing men forward with the 433 in an attacking style similar to last season.
But this team is not the same one anymore. This ones got major problems defensively.
Compounded even further today by an injury to LCB niall canavan within seconds of the game kicking off.
All he did was kick a ball ffs. So wootsie now off the bench to play LCB.
What is it with all these injuries? What with nessie and conor grant out injured as well.
I cant think of any previous argyle manager whose teams have had to make so many changes, so often, because of injury.
We seem incapable of selecting a settled team it seems. So that back 4 today, including niall, had 90 mins together
at rovers. Did well and then trained all week together for today and then within 2 minutes all that time together
is wasted. Sigh!

Whatever, this first 20 lost us the game as the seasiders tore us apart on the counter in this period.
Maybe DA told them to come out on the front foot at the start? Whatever reason, it suited BFC just fine.
It was down our right flank where they benefitted most. Joe rileys home debut, my first glimpse of him at RB,
and what he has to offer. He aint no oscar thats for sure but i thought he did improve as the game wore on.
Now need to see if he can just settle down a bit with his game.
He was like so many today. Too rushed in his play at times, probably trying too hard.
Anyways BFC got their goal from a cross and could easily have been 3/4 up in that early period as they were
murdering us on the counter. With their 5 midfielders in a 4231 causing us no end of problems linking up and
breaking with pace.
Eventually we tightened up our game and went more 4141 which got us back into the game. We did a lot better
but still the team looked disjointed with individual errors and bad decisions hampering our efforts to create.
I thought we missed the nessie/sarce CM combo. With sarce now LCM and the other newbie stuart okeefe at RCM.
No foxy either from last seasons CM trio and perhaps we aint settled in the CM area either? Another sigh!
Yanner has foxys role at the moment, no doubt to give better protection to this current "frail" backline.
Tbf though he had a fine game and his passing is def improving but still he aint no foxy type playmaker which i
reckon the team is still missing in our attacking play.
Up top our front 3 of joel, GC10 and big fred overall did pretty well but whenever we did threaten, BFCs
defending, tbf to them was top notch. Unlike ours. Yet another sigh!
I would say that was the main difference on the day between the 2 sides.

Second half we persisted with 4141 but the seasiders were keeping us at arms length easily so DA made the
attacking changes with 25 or so to go. Back to an attacking 433/4231 now with ryan for big fred up top and rueben
for the more defensive okeefe. We now played our best in the game with the back 4 coping much better with their
attempted counters and yanner/sarce winning plenty of possession in CM. We laid seige to their goal at times
and came close to equalising but their defence remained stout. They were so stout that 2 of em even decided
to stout it out between em right at the end. "Im a stouter defender than you"..."No your not i am" etc etc.
Ref had the last laugh though. "Im stouter than both of you so eff off".
Bit of seaside punch and judy to cheer us all up. Just a pity it couldnt have happened 10 minutes earlier.
My MOM was skipper gaz. Some "proper job" defending from bidefords finest.
No win in 8 now and bottom. BIG BIG SIGH!
Remedies for me after watching 4 games at HP.
We need more "proper job" defending from the team as a whole not just the back 4.
Keep games tight early on and then grow into them.
Somehow keep players fit and team settled.
Cross fingers hard.

Lastly a message to JB. If we keep on losing homies like this dont walk out amongst the green army at the end of games as the
loud grumpies amongst them will continue to hurl abuse and moan big time at you. Same as it ever was, for any board member if
the team start losing regular. Thats pro football im afraid. They pays there monies.
Though if you are stout of heart and possess a thick hide then just carry on and good luck. :scarf:

May 1, 2011
r4h4al":11utr9xq said:

Onto the next game.

Blackpool had at least 2 or 3 good chances in the first half and they had our defence on toast. In the 2nd half they had another clear cut chance and a couple of half chances. Let's not rewrite history.

Feb 2, 2007
Bristol Rich":1alfc4xl said:
r4h4al":1alfc4xl said:

Onto the next game.

Blackpool had at least 2 or 3 good chances in the first half and they had our defence on toast. In the 2nd half they had another clear cut chance and a couple of half chances. Let's not rewrite history.

The lad Cullen should have had a hat trick. Mind blowing how selective some of this reporting is tonight. Delusional.