Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool)

Jan 8, 2018
Saltash
Tugboat":jdeh91h5 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":jdeh91h5 said:
I will keep this short and sweet cos l think we are all abit fed up.....

Blackpool were terrible.....and yet Argyle were so much worse. Draw your own conclusions.

They even fought amongst themselves. Got two players sent off. And yet instead of use the 2 man advantage and get the ball up the pitch we lumped it with unerring no accuracy into the box.

Iā€™ve hated Adams style for years. Now the results arenā€™t good l think people can see Adams style of football he gets his teams to play is truly negative and woeful.

However, with a 5 year deal and two new two year deals for the coaches we are stuck with him. Financially, we have put ourselves in a corner by allowing this and have no where to go.
Itā€™s not 5 years thou. Heā€™s into that now so probably 3 1/2 years left?

He signed a new five year deal in the summer!!! I know itā€™s been a long season so far but thatā€™s pushing it somewhat!

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Kevb77":eo47pgie said:
Tugboat":eo47pgie said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":eo47pgie said:
I will keep this short and sweet cos l think we are all abit fed up.....

Blackpool were terrible.....and yet Argyle were so much worse. Draw your own conclusions.

They even fought amongst themselves. Got two players sent off. And yet instead of use the 2 man advantage and get the ball up the pitch we lumped it with unerring no accuracy into the box.

Iā€™ve hated Adams style for years. Now the results arenā€™t good l think people can see Adams style of football he gets his teams to play is truly negative and woeful.

However, with a 5 year deal and two new two year deals for the coaches we are stuck with him. Financially, we have put ourselves in a corner by allowing this and have no where to go.
Itā€™s not 5 years thou. Heā€™s into that now so probably 3 1/2 years left?

He signed a new five year deal in the summer!!! I know itā€™s been a long season so far but thatā€™s pushing it somewhat!

Then Iā€™ve lost some time somewhere :sad:

Jan 3, 2017
That was desperately poor. Giving us credit for improving late on ignores that Blackpool stopped attacking and let us have the ball.

Their 5'8 striker regularly beat Edwards and Wootton to the ball, Delfouneso had the beating of Riley whenever he fancied it and O'Keefe being contracted to a Premier League football club gives me hope, at the age of 40, that I might still make it.

Some effort, but absolutely no quality.

Nov 2, 2004
Another poor effort.We are in trouble,our defence is a complete shambles.I am not why but Edwards was awful,he is a bag of nerves and as a result a catalogue of errors.Riley was skinned, skinned and skinned again,he is also frightened in possession.Sadly we have no one better, Moore is poor, Canavan injured.I do not think it is possible to form a decent defence from the players we have.On top of that all we do is let the keeper aimlessly hoof the ball and hope for the best.It is terrible.

Macey 6 really poor distribution.
Riley 2 as bad as a full back can be.
Edwards 3 a bag of nerves.
Wootton 7 did well but indifferent distribution.
Sawyer 7 good game a proper pro.
O'Keefe 6 did ok no idea why he was pulled
Songoo 7 our best player,broke up play well.
Sercevic 4 wasteful
Carey 5 our only dangerous player, but gave the ball away a lot.
Grant 5 looks ok but his usual no end product,he is just not up to it.
Ladapo 6 dangerous but feeding off hoofed scraps.

Lamieres 8 looked a different class to anyone else,he made things happen.He has to play.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
The Seasiders enjoyed their day at the Seaside.

It's another defeat, this time against a very average Blackpool team.

The game was lost during the first half due to the different formations, we lined up in a 4-1-2-3 formation with Songo'o sitting in front of the back four and O'Keefe and Sarcevic in front of him, while Blackpool had a 4-2-3-1 formation (basically our old formation) which meant they dominated the midfield. I felt Sarcevic and O'Keefe positioned themselves too far ahead of Songo'o and left too much space in midfield which Blackpool took advantage of and where the winning goal came from.
Adams did switch midway through the second half and matched Blackpool's formation and this helped us get forward but the damage had already been done.

Blackpool finished the game with nine players after two of their players were red carded for fighting amongst themselves!

Jamie Ness and Conor Grant missed out because of injury so O'Keefe and Joel Grant came into the side. Disaster struck in the second minute when centre-back Niall Canavan picked up an injury and was replaced by Scott Wotton.

We did start the game brightly but once Blackpool took hold of the space in midfield they were the better team. Poor Songo'o often had two or three midfielders running at him with Sarcevic and O'Keefe too far forward to help out. Songo'o had to pass on some Blackpool runners to the defence but they failed to track them, this exactly happened for the goal with Riley unable to defend and allowed the cross to come into the area and Cullen tapped in from about 12 yards out.

We had a good shout for a penalty for handball, the excellent ref spoke with his assistant and nothing was given.

Ladapo was our best chance of grabbing a goal, his running and strength was once again a feature of our play, he nearly scored when he flicked a Carey cross onto the post and the ball rolled along the line. Most people in the three quartered stadium thought it was a goal but the linesman ruled the Blackpool keeper (one of the shortest I've ever seen) grabbed the ball on the line.

Carey had a curling shot saved and Grant just missed the rebound with the goal at his mercy.

Songo'o, when released from defensive duties, was spraying the ball around like a David Fox. 60 yard passes went straight to feet.

There were no changes for the second half and we plodded along with no real intent until Adams in the 63rd minute but instead of taking off Sarcevic, who was having a poor game, he replaced Ladapo with Taylor. The fans made their feelings known with a chorus of boos. Lameiras also replaced O'Keefe so you could understand that Adams might want to return to the successful attacking trio of Carey, Lameiras and Taylor but on this occasion Lameiras played behind Taylor in a 4-2-3-1 formation which finally matched Blackpool's formation.

We enjoyed some pressure but couldn't find that one clear cut chance, Blackpool didn't offer much going forward, so the match pattern was now us huffing and puffing without getting a sight of goal while Blackpool were content to sit back.

A chance fell to Taylor but he didn't control the ball, it has to be said that Taylor didn't make a difference, his hold up play was absent and he didn't bring others into play. Lameiras did make a difference with his creativity but also lost possession - a typical Lameiras performance.

It also has to be said that the luck didn't go our way, a dropping ball in the penalty area would fall to a Blackpool player or a slight mistimed tackle would result in a free kick to Blackpool just as we needed some pressure.

The game went into injury time and we saw the bizarre thing of two Blackpool players fighting - hold on, it's us at the bottom of the league and losing, we should be fighting amongst ourselves! Two red cards and off!
With just two minutes left we couldn't take advantage of playing against nine men.

The players tried, the effort and determination (apart from Sarcevic) was there but the team lacks quality and confidence.

Joel Grant started well and faded, Songo'o was surprisingly a midfield general and was our best player, if on;y he had some help in midfield.
Sarcevic had his worst game in a green shirt, he strolled through the game until the final minutes when he finally put some effort in.

Ladapo should not have been subbed, Adams now has a problem (one of many), does he play Ladapo and he runs the channels or does he play Taylor to hold up play for Carey and Lameiras?

Edwards has lost a yard of pace, which is completely understandable. Riley had a nightmare first half but credit to him for a better second half.

The ref, in his first season in the EFL, had an excellent game.

Lots of frustration amongst the fans, especially when Ladapo was subbed, this game was lost in the first half where we conceded space between Songo'o and O'Keefe and Sarcevic in midfield.

Good luck with the Sam Jones show, see you next week.

Man of the match: Songo'o.

Macey 6, Riley 6, Edwards 5, Canavan n/a, Sawyer 6, Songo'o 8, Sarcevic 4, O'Keefe 5, Carey 6, J Grant 6, Ladapo 7. Subs - Wootton 5, Taylor 5, Lameiras 6.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
That was just awful.

Poor tactics, poor quality from the players and the set pieces were also poor which is not acceptable given they've got all week on the training ground.

We could have played until 8pm against 9 men and still wouldn't have scored. The quality of half that team today was league 2 but maybe Adams is building for next season.

Very worrying.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He was poor in the first half but I personally thought Riley was excellent in the second so I'm surprised at the low ratings.

A

AR09YLE

Iā€™m not sure I can imagine Joe Riley ever wearing an Argyle shirt after that. He lets players run at him, especially their number 7 who pulled his pants down every time he got the ball. Embarrassing that he doesnā€™t even jump for an header (lost every 50/50 in the air). Attacking wise was a waste of space as well.

His individual mistake cost us the game (noted that he made more mistakes similar to the goal which they shouldā€™ve scored) however we did nothing to deserve any points.

Also would like to flag how bad Wootton was defensively and also couldā€™ve cost us several goals.

Oh how good Oscar and Bradley would be now..

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tafari Moore isn't any better than Joe Riley from what I've seen, might run around a bit but achieves nothing.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Cobi Budge":2p9vikx1 said:
Tafari Moore isn't any better than Joe Riley from what I've seen, might run around a bit but achieves nothing.

Riley's legs will be so corkscrewed after this afternoon he'll only need one leg of his pyjama bottoms tonight

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
I've held off saying it up until now but with a shambles of a defence that teams can cut through at will and a goal shy forward line we are a team in a deep crisis which is not easily turned around given the poor personnel at our disposal. Therefore with deep regret I'm afraid to say

#RELEGATIONISNAILEDONTHISYEAR

The only players that come out of today with any credit are Songo, Ladapo and Grant.

Riley is a complete waste of space. He lacks pace and any positional sense and its a field day for a decent winger.
Edwards looks nervous and does not even dominate in the air

O'Keefe not sure what he brings to the party apart from a couple of lunging tackles. He is not the all powerful ball winning midfield general we need

Sarcevic is sarcevic, huffs and puffs but lacks quality and no end product

Carey is off form and getting frustrated with his team mates, can see him gone in January

Its a proper basket case at the moment and the odds of us going winless all season must be getting slashed right now

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i found the match quite entertaining but obviously frustrating because we lost against an ordinary side.taking off freddie was a joke as he played excellent.we need to play with two strikers and lameiras is infinitely better than o'keefe in my opinion.my ratings;
Matt Macey - 5
Gary Sawyer - 7
Niall Canavan - n/a
Ryan Edwards - 5
Joe Riley - 0
Yann Songo'o - 7
Antoni Sarcevic - 7
Stuart O'Keefe - 0
Joel Grant - 6
Graham Carey - 6
Freddie Ladapo - 8

Kyle Letheren - unused
Ashley Smith-Brown - unused
Scott Wootton - 7
David Fox - unused
Ruben Lameiras - 7
Gregg Wylde - unused
Ryan Taylor - 1

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Blackpool werenā€™t that good a side by the looks of it, but we made them look good.

We continue to make mistakes defensively. There is a lack of pace and movement for most of the game. The players donā€™t seem to know what shape they need to be playing in, there are gaps everywhere. Blackpool cut through us like butter on far too many occasions. The midfield is too weak and our finishing is poor. There is a general lack of quality across the pitch, it really does not appear that Adams has used his budget wisely.

It is simply not true that we should have won 4-1, I guess Adams is trying to be positive but what a bizarre comment!

I wasnā€™t really an Adams fan before, even when he gained us promotion (he did the job, but I didnā€™t really enjoy watching the football we were playing, even when it gained us promotion). I donā€™t like the way his personality comes across either.

I still canā€™t believe we handed him such a long contract.

I think it makes him pretty much un-sackable, regardless of how the team performs.

I think our only hope of surviving in League One is finding a couple of free agents who can try and add some much needed quality to the squad. Even though Adams said he didnā€™t plan to do this, we desperately need some more quality.

Ripping up the squad year on year has some risk attached to it, it looks like we could end paying the price this year.

Aug 11, 2013
Iā€™m hanging on to the hope we havenā€™t seen the best from this group. Letā€™s face it, had we broke the bank to sign Carey weā€™d be saying heā€™s gash at the moment. Perhaps Riley will be better than Gary Miller given time.

Our luck at the moment was summed up by Freddyā€™s chance hitting the woodwork. Fine margins.

I can accept a defeat when Iā€™ve been entertained and weā€™ve had a proper go and I donā€™t know why we canā€™t play from the start how we did on last 20. Lamieras seems to give the whole team a lift. When he plays itā€™s like the players around him have had an army backpack lifted off them.

No need to panic - Adams is a good manager and you donā€™t become a bad manager overnight. This season might be a step back before we press on again. Keep the faith.