Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis!!! (Blackpool)

Feb 17, 2017
gariboldi":3f0p150f said:
I'd love to see a win at Charlton. Am I expecting that? No. For reasons stated, the team needs a drastic overhaul and a big change in thinking. We need to get the successful players of last season back playing together from the kick offs and get out of experimentation mode before it inflicts grievous damage to the campaign. It's getting that way now.

One thing we can almost be sure of is Lyle Taylor will score

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":xe8xiuvs said:
Having seen the highlights now,unlucky Argyle.

Their Goal was rather fortunate ,and plenty of effort from the team 2nd half could have scored at least a couple on another day,on to Charlton ,and maybe we can get our first win of the season.

So you can tell from 2 minutes can you? Strange how we are unlucky every week.

Apr 5, 2008
Even if we won 5-0 at Charlton I don’t think you would be happy, Balham Green.Try and be a bit optimistic occasionally?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
r4h4al":3pahvv93 said:
Balham_Green":3pahvv93 said:
r4h4al":3pahvv93 said:
Good summary. I thought we generally played well. Miles the better side and deserved an easy win. Song'o, Sarcevic, Ladapo the standouts. But we won't score as proved today with Ladapo up front on his own.

Blackpool had 1 chance took it, and back to the walls for 20 minutes which just about worked because we weren't good enough to score.

Onto the next game.

You got confused mate. Argyle were the team playing in green.

I know I standby what I said.

Riley doesn't look like a footballer, let alone a right back. Can anyone confirm he was a regular in that Shrews team?

Agree. He plays like a fan with an Argyle shirt on.

I played a couple of seasons at right back for Pasalb, I think I resent that remark!! :lol:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
moles40":2ugu2j6w said:
Even if we won 5-0 at Charlton I don’t think you would be happy, Balham Green.Try and be a bit optimistic occasionally?

Don't normally agree with Balham (totally! ;) ) but their goal wasn't fortunate. They strolled through our 'defence' several times in quick succession early on, we were 'fortunate' that they only scored one then.

Worst thing about that match? When they knocked their goal in, I (and several thousand others, probably) just knew that it was 'gone', we couldn't and wouldn't get any points from that game. Just sat there and endured it. Not much 'fun' to be had.

Ok we had a go for the last quarter of an hour but it was 'gone'. The one that hit the post and didn't go in was just the icing on the cold turd of an afternoon! :doh: :sad: :facepalm:

Difficult to have any optimism atm

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I actually think there's loads to be optimistic about. If you take the Peterborough game and Blackpool game it's chalk and cheese. We are looking far better particularly defensively we have sorted that problem and I think all the players except Carey I suppose have improved or are putting in 100% effort. So really good signs and I think we will stay up.

(And wouldn't surprise me if Blackpool went down actually.)

I would like to see the new full backs back in the team though, Moore and Brown, we just need Carey to start scoring and getting Mom again and Taylor needs to start to get the best out of the midfield.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
r4h4al":1ox7f8kl said:
I actually think there's loads to be optimistic about. If you take the Peterborough game and Blackpool game it's chalk and cheese. We are looking far better particularly defensively we have sorted that problem and I think all the players except Carey I suppose have improved or are putting in 100% effort. So really good signs and I think we will stay up.

I would like to see the new full backs back in the team though, Moore and Brown, we just need Carey to start scoring and getting Mom again and Taylor needs to start to get the best out of the midfield.

We have sorted the defence out and all players are giving 100% yet you describe Riley as a 'fan with a green shirt on'? Must say, I'm confused :crazy:
Did you really think that our defence was OK on Saturday? Really? :think:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I meant the two CB's really we looked okay. Eddie could have done better for the goal but he was probably expeting Riley to have it covered. But yeah RB is still a massive worry. He was much better in the second half though but he is not a very good player.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
r4h4al":3qknk36g said:
I meant the two CB's really we looked okay. Eddie could have done better for the goal but he was probably expeting Riley to have it covered. But yeah RB is still a massive worry. He was much better in the second half though but he is not a very good player.

Yes, when all are fit and possibly including our own younger players, I think that we do have a CB combination at the club somewhere. Don't ask me to name them atm tho'!
Full backs is a real worry, go with Gazza and a. n. Other but, again, can't name Mr Other yet.

Problem is, it isn't just a RB problem, RB throws the CBs off balance (covering as you said), LB gets dragged across and young loanee goalkeeper is playing behind an uncertain line and he can't perform to his best.

Can I give Argyle the money to get Sonny back in January?? :think:

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":24wjno83 said:

'Loads to be optimistic about'. Bottom of the League haven't scored for weeks just lost to a team you think will go down (they wont). HILARIOUS. Let us know when you are back on planet earth.

Sep 6, 2006
moles40":27clfuta said:

Such a ridiculous post. Don't you ever look at the League table and I am assuming you weren't there Saturday. ..

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":lb7bet1y said:
r4h4al":lb7bet1y said:

'Loads to be optimistic about'. Bottom of the League haven't scored for weeks just lost to a team you think will go down (they wont). HILARIOUS. Let us know when you are back on planet earth.

There is though. We're getting better not worse. If we are getting worse I would understand your point but I don't really.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
gariboldi":3ga6yzmc said:
It is worrying. Last season it was a new division, we were finding our feet. This season we haven't replaced good players like Threlkeld, Viner and Bradley with anything like the same pedigree of player. We also lack a Tombs or Masaki in midfield to knit things and bcuz of lack of foresight we have to wait until January for even loan signings. The players drafted in look bereft of confidence at this level and lack pace. Also he doesn't play his best players in the starting line up anyway. It's coming up to 10 games, our chances at Charlton are very slim, it is looking very serious. He has a winning attacking formula he has ignored for some stubborn reason of persisting with Ladapo who doesn't fit the system that gave us so much success last season and he's too stubborn to see this. Lameiras doesn't get starts. He needs to start him..Taylor was the lynch pin of all things purposeful going forward last season. Where is he in the starting 11. Totally bizarre and all very daunting. Incompetence everywhere you look at the moment......... hence bottom and rooted.
Agree with the first part – it is more worrying than last season when there were clear reasons like the red cards, the ‘keeper situation, some plain bad luck with deflections etc., and injuries to two players who were definite starters in Taylor & Oscar. Those reasons aren’t there now and more concerning is that we don’t know our best eleven or formation even if everyone was fit. Defensively we were woeful first half and could/should have been two or three down at the break – but if there is a silver lining it is that things were much better in the second and when Lameiras came on we suddenly looked like we could open them up. They were hanging on for the last 15 minutes.

But there is a long, long way to go and time to sort things out. Last season Vyner, Toums and Makasi you mention didn’t feature until much later in the year – who knows how things will pan out this. I didn’t sense any lack of effort (and last season’s experience will help in maintaining morale during this bad run) and we do have some quality in Carey, Lameiras, Ladapo & Fox to draw on even if they’ve not delivered so far – and a fit again Ness and a much fitter Sarcevic (hide the cakes someone!) will also make a difference. I’m not expecting a turn-around quite like last year but still fancy us to sneak into the top half.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Give it a rest, BG. Not everyone is deluded because they can see positives.

You were one of those ridiculing people offering up the form table last season, when we were topping that but still bottom of the actual league.

It is possible to be getting better and show signs of progress while being bottom, otherwise we may as well not bother and declare ourselves relegated right now.

Jul 12, 2016
Why should anybody criticising the current performances be told to give it a rest?
Regular fans can only take a certain amount of this dross.We pay good money to enjoy an afternoon watching Argyle and unfortunately that is not the case at the moment. Those of you with green tints are clutching at straws. Until we get a regular goalscorer we will continue to struggle.