Adams out now | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out now

Sep 6, 2006
Alan Turing":fpwgtkyo said:
GreenThing":fpwgtkyo said:
PL2 3DQ":fpwgtkyo said:
Andy Holland":fpwgtkyo said:
They aren't silent though, at that forum the club were clear about how much they love and rate Derek Adams. He's going nowhere.

There's been four games since the forum where we've picked up just four points and slumped to the bottom of the league and teams above us are pulling further away.
That might focus the minds of the directors and with the transfer window coming it's a perfect time to either sack Adams or find the funds to bring in several new players or both.

I think weā€™ve missed the boat on the perfect time to sack him. A month ago would have given us time to get in a replacement and time for him to work out what needs to change and target players when the window opens.

Whatever happens now will be a fudge as a new manager wonā€™t have time to assess to squad and get players in.

Thatā€™s my fear Keith but he still has to go in my opinion.

I cant really see that. Surely there would be some continuity with the staff e.g. Wotton who would pass on the knowledge.

May 1, 2011
Green_Matt":3liozymh said:
Bristol Rich":3liozymh said:
Bristol Rich":3liozymh said:
Three points from safety. I completely understand where people are coming from but all is not yet lost. It seems far from obvious that Adams should be sacked. Obviously things have to get better and the club needs to accept that something needs to be done in January. Imo there needs to be a shipping out of some of our surplus players (inc. half of the defence) and a bit of experience brought in. We will need fighters now, no doubt about it. The squad needs to be more quality focused. Youth players to fill any gaps that appear.

So when would it become obvious that he needs sacking?
The contract issue and the fact that there are several other teams around us on similar points means it's not as cut and dried as some are saying. We could be utter rubbish and still stay up - remember 2008/09? If Adams was sacked I'd not be shocked but it seems unlikely. Expensive and not guaranteed to work. What would be more likely to work, however, would be some good work in the transfer window.

It's the sh1te he signed in the summer that caused this so actually there is very little to suggest that there will be any good work in the transfer window.
You may turn out to be correct. Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

I'd love to be wrong though!

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Balham_Green":cmd2npy0 said:
Alan Turing":cmd2npy0 said:
GreenThing":cmd2npy0 said:
PL2 3DQ":cmd2npy0 said:
Andy Holland":cmd2npy0 said:
They aren't silent though, at that forum the club were clear about how much they love and rate Derek Adams. He's going nowhere.

There's been four games since the forum where we've picked up just four points and slumped to the bottom of the league and teams above us are pulling further away.
That might focus the minds of the directors and with the transfer window coming it's a perfect time to either sack Adams or find the funds to bring in several new players or both.

I think weā€™ve missed the boat on the perfect time to sack him. A month ago would have given us time to get in a replacement and time for him to work out what needs to change and target players when the window opens.

Whatever happens now will be a fudge as a new manager wonā€™t have time to assess to squad and get players in.

I cant really see that. Surely there would be some continuity with the staff e.g. Wotton who would pass on the knowledge.
:funny:

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenThing":1b37euiu said:
PL2 3DQ":1b37euiu said:
Andy Holland":1b37euiu said:

Argyle seem to do fudge very well.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":l4kwj1ms said:
Alan Turing":l4kwj1ms said:
GreenThing":l4kwj1ms said:
PL2 3DQ":l4kwj1ms said:
Andy Holland":l4kwj1ms said:

Wotton would likely be caretaker manager. Only gut instinct, but Iā€™d rather keep Adams.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
ā™£ļø Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
The board seem to want to keep DA happy and not rock the boat with him hence the support

Results are irrelevant to them as we've heard but loss of revenue will make them listen. Let's hope its not relegation that finally gives them the hit in the pocket for them to wake up

People talk of the success of Adams but as I keep saying
A failure to even turn up at the play off final
A league title lost on the final day of the season due to our own failings
An abysmal start to a season culminating in a need for a massive goal swing on the final day after shipping too many goals and failing to turn up on the pitch
And then we have this season.....

Sep 28, 2003
London
Why? Would Wotton do worse than leading the team to the bottom of the league?

Regardless, he wouldn't be the manager for very long in a perfect scenario as we'd appoint someone else.

It is imperative that we act now to give us a chance. Can't see that we will though, the powers that be are in thrall to Adams for no apparent reason.

Apr 9, 2011
PL2 3DQ":goc512gl said:
We are now 8 points away from the team in 18th place and it's looking like the bottom five or six teams will be cut adrift. So we then have a mini-league with two teams avoiding relegation from the six teams involved.

Simon Hallett and the board have a big decision to make, either sack Adams or come out and back him which means financially backing him during the transfer window.

There's no doubt there would be an early release clause in Adams' five year contract so the directors would probably have to pay a one year compensation to Adams at the most.

Either way, the directors can't remain silent.
Fully agree

Dec 3, 2005
Adams says were were on top of the game, until we gave away a silly goal.

Sure he says the exact same nearly every week!!!

Sep 28, 2003
London
djg145":1ogyhcwf said:
Adams says were were on top of the game, until we gave away a silly goal.

Sure he says the exact same nearly every week!!!

I heard that interview, he threw Songo'o under the bus. Disgraceful behaviour.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Andy Holland":1cwps1qs said:
Why? Would Wotton do worse than leading the team to the bottom of the league?

Regardless, he wouldn't be the manager for very long in a perfect scenario as we'd appoint someone else.

It is imperative that we act now to give us a chance. Can't see that we will though, the powers that be are in thrall to Adams for no apparent reason.

Just a gut instinct that if Adams is sacked, Wotton would get the job for the rest of the season. If thatā€™s the case Iā€™d rather try our luck at Adamsā€™ having a go in the transfer window.

Dec 3, 2005
Wotton caretaker manager lol - isnt he our defence coach?

That says a big NO to him - sorry Argyle Legend but no thanks.

Sep 28, 2003
London
djg145":mn9hy2ko said:

It isn't a choice between Adams and Wotton! Can we please be clear about that???

Dec 3, 2005
Andy Holland":1y7bjb80 said:
djg145":1y7bjb80 said:

It isn't a choice between Adams and Wotton! Can we please be clear about that???

Never suggested it was - just replying to someone who mentioned Wotton - is that ok with you?

I wouldn't want Wotton anywhere near Argyle - going on his talents as the defence coach.