Adams out now | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Adams out now

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Bristol Rich":3vatppuz said:
Green_Matt":3vatppuz said:
Three points from safety. I completely understand where people are coming from but all is not yet lost. It seems far from obvious that Adams should be sacked. Obviously things have to get better and the club needs to accept that something needs to be done in January. Imo there needs to be a shipping out of some of our surplus players (inc. half of the defence) and a bit of experience brought in. We will need fighters now, no doubt about it. The squad needs to be more quality focused. Youth players to fill any gaps that appear.

So when would it become obvious that he needs sacking?
The contract issue and the fact that there are several other teams around us on similar points means it's not as cut and dried as some are saying. We could be utter rubbish and still stay up - remember 2008/09? If Adams was sacked I'd not be shocked but it seems unlikely. Expensive and not guaranteed to work. What would be more likely to work, however, would be some good work in the transfer window.

Aug 10, 2006
there is no point getting worked up he won't be sacked because we have another weak owner in charge of the club and all he seems interested in is the match day experience don't be rude to the staff and it's not all about the result's, brilliant.

May 1, 2011
Green_Matt":30qtx5xp said:
Bristol Rich":30qtx5xp said:
Green_Matt":30qtx5xp said:
Three points from safety. I completely understand where people are coming from but all is not yet lost. It seems far from obvious that Adams should be sacked. Obviously things have to get better and the club needs to accept that something needs to be done in January. Imo there needs to be a shipping out of some of our surplus players (inc. half of the defence) and a bit of experience brought in. We will need fighters now, no doubt about it. The squad needs to be more quality focused. Youth players to fill any gaps that appear.

The contract issue and the fact that there are several other teams around us on similar points means it's not as cut and dried as some are saying. We could be utter rubbish and still stay up - remember 2008/09? If Adams was sacked I'd not be shocked but it seems unlikely. Expensive and not guaranteed to work. What would be more likely to work, however, would be some good work in the transfer window.

It's the poo he signed in the summer that caused this so actually there is very little to suggest that there will be any good work in the transfer window.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
The manager we have now has lost touch with the one we had when Adams initially took over. Perhaps he's become to engrossed with everything else at the club, but on the pitch is where he will be judged (rightly).

In his first season I remember him taking Gregg Wylde off away at Notts County after half hour because it wasn't working. Four years on and he's admit that he cannot tactically effect a game after it has kicked off.

He needs to go. Agree with others that bringing in Dunford was a daft and negative appointment, that's only fuelled the disconnect between fans and club as he seems intent to bring in measures to boot out any fan that dare sneeze.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Bristol Rich":2fb510f3 said:
Green_Matt":2fb510f3 said:
Bristol Rich":2fb510f3 said:
Green_Matt":2fb510f3 said:

It's the sh1te he signed in the summer that caused this so actually there is very little to suggest that there will be any good work in the transfer window.
You may turn out to be correct. Wouldn't surprise me tbh.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Andy Holland":3gsk3xv2 said:
They aren't silent though, at that forum the club were clear about how much they love and rate Derek Adams. He's going nowhere.

There's been four games since the forum where we've picked up just four points and slumped to the bottom of the league and teams above us are pulling further away.
That might focus the minds of the directors and with the transfer window coming it's a perfect time to either sack Adams or find the funds to bring in several new players or both.

Sep 6, 2006
PL2 3DQ":mk7oe06y said:
Andy Holland":mk7oe06y said:
They aren't silent though, at that forum the club were clear about how much they love and rate Derek Adams. He's going nowhere.

There's been four games since the forum where we've picked up just four points and slumped to the bottom of the league and teams above us are pulling further away.
That might focus the minds of the directors and with the transfer window coming it's a perfect time to either sack Adams or find the funds to bring in several new players or both.

Those 4 points includes the ridiculously lucky win at Rochdale. Make no mistake without major changes this team is going down. There is just no understanding between players.

Sep 28, 2003
London
PL2 3DQ":3kiy8de0 said:
Andy Holland":3kiy8de0 said:

Might do.

Doubt it though.

We're heading down without a fight and I've personally now had enough. No more games for me whilst this arrogant, incompetent man is in charge.

Mar 7, 2008
The only way he will go is if the home crowd turns. 10000 booing. I know the last time anyobe booed the manager said it was a disgrace and the club also backed him. At the game saturday the booing was still quite meak and mild at the end of the game. Sometimes once the crowd turns enough something has to give. Im out but think too many people are benefitbof the doubters as he has earned his chance. however....enough is enough now. Adams OUT. But while everyone gets excited about a home draw against oxford and people do not boo loudly enough then he will remain !

Sep 28, 2003
London
pafc1981":cijcsux8 said:
The only way he will go is if the home crowd turns. 10000 booing. I know the last time anyobe booed the manager said it was a disgrace and the club also backed him. At the game saturday the booing was still quite meak and mild at the end of the game. Sometimes once the crowd turns enough something has to give. Im out but think too many people are benefitbof the doubters as he has earned his chance. however....enough is enough now. Adams OUT. But while everyone gets excited about a home draw against oxford and people do not boo loudly enough then he will remain !

People were clapping him off on Saturday and having a pop at people booing.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":e8u9jkwg said:
Andy Holland":e8u9jkwg said:

I think we’ve missed the boat on the perfect time to sack him. A month ago would have given us time to get in a replacement and time for him to work out what needs to change and target players when the window opens.

Whatever happens now will be a fudge as a new manager won’t have time to assess to squad and get players in.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
PL2 3DQ":1zxxd5a4 said:

There's no doubt there would be an early release clause in Adams' five year contract so the directors would probably have to pay a one year compensation to Adams at the most.

Either way, the directors can't remain silent.
along with the early release clause,assuming there is one,argyle should also dismiss wotton,nancekiville,wilmott and osborne.i know mister osborne is not paid by argyle but i feel his input is not worth an appointment.the three unwise men and derek will cost a fortune to dismiss but it will be worth it and will give the next manager,with one assistant time to launch a promotion campaign from probably the fourth division.i would also disband the entire youth set up as the money which is wasted on this hardly produces a player. :sigh: goodbye derek,i think scotland is your level.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
GreenThing":3fb04qgf said:
PL2 3DQ":3fb04qgf said:
Andy Holland":3fb04qgf said:

I think we’ve missed the boat on the perfect time to sack him. A month ago would have given us time to get in a replacement and time for him to work out what needs to change and target players when the window opens.

Whatever happens now will be a fudge as a new manager won’t have time to assess to squad and get players in.

That’s my fear Keith but he still has to go in my opinion.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
with regard to a new manager coming in and having time to assess what is here is an understandable misnomer for me.any out of work managers would and should be ready to start work immediately and have a list of players/targets already that he would want just like when dave smith was appointed all those years ago.