Season tickets ( merged ) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Season tickets ( merged )

Apr 1, 2017
But why give discount to just service personnel?
Alot of these personnel are on above average salaries for our area and alot obviously move around due to the nature of their job.
What about Plymouths biggest employers like princess yachts, Babcock,university and NHS?

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I think it's important to consider that finanical return isn't the only positive of a large crowd.

Fag packet maths shows us that Argyle may well make more money from season ticket sales than Bradford...

7,000 (our min. attendance this season) x £350 (early bird ST price) = £2,450,000
15,000 (Bradford's min. attendance) x £150 (their early bird price) = £2,250,000

However, what impact will a crowd twice the size have on performances across 23 games?

Our home performances have been dire this season so would an extra 3,000 on the gate improve that?

What's more, do potential signings look at attendances? I don't know, but they may, and with promotion to the Championship worth more than £200,000, would it be worth taking a finanical hit in the beginning to ensure a better signing that improves our chances of promotion?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, and I will be purchasing a season ticket, but I think there's more merit in the Bradford approach than some give them credit for and price reductions will no doubt encourage more fans.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Been up, no queue, all sorted. Declined the £7.50 postage though...

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":f6auwrct said:
I think it's important to consider that finanical return isn't the only positive of a large crowd.

Fag packet maths shows us that Argyle may well make more money from season ticket sales than Bradford...

7,000 (our min. attendance this season) x £350 (early bird ST price) = £2,450,000
15,000 (Bradford's min. attendance) x £150 (their early bird price) = £2,250,000

However, what impact will a crowd twice the size have on performances across 23 games?

Our home performances have been dire this season so would an extra 3,000 on the gate improve that?

What's more, do potential signings look at attendances? I don't know, but they may, and with promotion to the Championship worth more than £200,000, would it be worth taking a finanical hit in the beginning to ensure a better signing that improves our chances of promotion?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, and I will be purchasing a season ticket, but I think there's more merit in the Bradford approach than some give them credit for and price reductions will no doubt encourage more fans.

Not to mention the extra revenue from pasties, pints, shirts, scarves etc etc.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Knarf Reprah":31l5nfdq said:
Nannygreenthing":31l5nfdq said:
Perhaps fans could do what we do - put away £5 per week for the next season's season ticket by the time we're ready to buy them we have enough saved up , we're seniors so obviously a bit more would be needed for an adult ticket but it saves having to find the money in one go .

Spot on, me too

As we are both season ticket holders we put away £5 each but for next season probably £10 a week and at the end of each month an extra £10. That should sort it if we go up again. Got to be positive.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You have Mike you have.

No doubt we'll have someone on here soon using the word 'affluent' and other such barbs.

If you choose to save up for your Argyle ST rather than spending it on booze or betting, who are they to say what is right?

I'll be buying a ST as usual. A very good price for what it gives us I reckon.

Apr 15, 2016
Priced out again as a student over the age of 21. University is now the biggest employer in Plymouth I believe. With over 30k students including marjons and the football season matching the educational year another opportunity missed.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
ProfGreen":38v5a8yy said:
Priced out again as a student over the age of 21. University is now the biggest employer in Plymouth I believe. With over 30k students including marjons and the football season matching the educational year another opportunity missed.

I've worked in the University since 1993 having contact with hundreds of students each year. I've not come across many students who are interested in going to Argyle - one or two a year perhaps and then that is usually because they are from the area. I don't think there is much of a market there to be honest unless you make it practically free. They certainly wouldn't be buying season tickets because by the time you take out the games in August/early September and over Christmas/New Year and Easter you end up with about half a season of games that coincide with term time.

It may be controversial but I don't really get the idea of a discount for HM Forces Personnel. It's a job that people chose to do like any other (I know the job is not like any other but the element of choice is). I'd be more in favour of more discounts for young people, families, those on low incomes if there was some way to administer the latter efficiently.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Born green":3n4fyb9l said:
So what's the price nowadays for a season ticket in the directors box Ian?? :whistle:

There isn't such a thing mate, I simply buy mine and give it to Ian De Lar to distribute with the others given to us.

Ideal time so say we have four such ST's already and we are working on another which will be partly ours.

I think there's quite a few posters that have taken advantage of the generosity of others.

:thumbs:

IF that was thrown in to make me bite, you failed. :wave: