Rickie Lambert (will he sign?) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rickie Lambert (will he sign?)

Will Lambert sign for Argyle?

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • This thread is complete nonsense

Votes: 81 44.8%

• Total voters

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
landons forehead":he29yyne said:
Biggs":he29yyne said:
I take absolutely no notice of anyone who says 'no chance' or 'non starter' at anything after the Carey thread.

Ronaldo joining Argyle? Yes, no chance. An out of favour Championship striker whose manager often refers to Argyle as 'we'? Of course there's a chance.

My thoughts exactly in these rarified times. The clubs coffers must be relatively full after Wembley, Liverpool x 2 and a few bumper promotion crowds last season. I certainly don't want the club to spend more than they have, but a short-term loan, even at a relatively high weekly wage, is very easy to budget for in the sense that there is no commitment beyond date X

There's no such thing as a short term loan anymore. They are either half or all season, unless you are suggesting a stay until January would be short term ..

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Lundan Cabbie":1l39p26s said:
landons forehead":1l39p26s said:
Biggs":1l39p26s said:
I take absolutely no notice of anyone who says 'no chance' or 'non starter' at anything after the Carey thread.

Ronaldo joining Argyle? Yes, no chance. An out of favour Championship striker whose manager often refers to Argyle as 'we'? Of course there's a chance.

My thoughts exactly in these rarified times. The clubs coffers must be relatively full after Wembley, Liverpool x 2 and a few bumper promotion crowds last season. I certainly don't want the club to spend more than they have, but a short-term loan, even at a relatively high weekly wage, is very easy to budget for in the sense that there is no commitment beyond date X

There's no such thing as a short term loan anymore. They are either half or all season, unless you are suggesting a stay until January would be short term ..

Yes, that is short term. It's less than a year. I'm not really arsed whether we sign the guy or not.

Aug 5, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":3j6i4xt8 said:
Knarf Reprah":3j6i4xt8 said:
plymouthboyuk":3j6i4xt8 said:
What's to discuss. He must be on anything from 5k to 10k a week.
No way can Argyle pay Half or even quarter of his wages,
Even Warnock wouldn't let him play for Argyle, and Cardiff pay his wages.

Non starter.

I'll remind you of that comment in seven days :whistle:

This rumoured has snowballed. At work someone said he was joining but l think this is a rumour has spread by just the power of social media, without any real concrete proof.

I'd like to know how we can afford his wages. Especially if Carey is on around 8k a week.

£8,000 a week

#Pasotifact

Mar 14, 2009
Knibbsworth":1h0u398i said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1h0u398i said:
Knarf Reprah":1h0u398i said:
plymouthboyuk":1h0u398i said:

Non starter.

I'll remind you of that comment in seven days :whistle:

This rumoured has snowballed. At work someone said he was joining but l think this is a rumour has spread by just the power of social media, without any real concrete proof.

I'd like to know how we can afford his wages. Especially if Carey is on around 8k a week.

£8,000 a week

#Pasotifact

No just something that was passed on. A friend of my Dad's apprantely knows someone within the coaching staff. This person was in the background last year but is now "helping out more". Was apprantely up at Marjons helping out.

Also said DA is very happy with the squad he has assembled, much more than he was last season.

This thread is based on rumour so only shared what was passed onto me.

Next time l will use the word "allegedly" for dramatic purposes ;)

Mar 23, 2008
Not excited about it even if it we're to be true. Think Taylor is a very good target man and Blissett a raw but exciting deputy so can't see why we would need a third player in the same mould.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I wouldn't sign a 35 year old striker whose goalscoring record has nosedived in the last couple of seasons and who suffered a severe injury about a year ago. Better to look for a young pacey player on the way up or try one of Argyle's own young players.

Feb 2, 2007
The only reason I think this has got legs is the link to Colin. I will trust Derek's judgement that it won't be a premium Nardiello if terms can be agreed.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
cheshiregreen":3hmkfgq4 said:
Knarf Reprah":3hmkfgq4 said:
The empty number nine shirt..........discuss

There have been a few seasons recently where we didn't have shirt number nine allocated.

We already have a thread on Lambert on rumours so this should go there too.

I agree. Thread merged.

Jul 29, 2010
Dorset Pilgrim":35xee0l5 said:
I wouldn't sign a 35 year old striker whose goalscoring record has nosedived in the last couple of seasons and who suffered a severe injury about a year ago. Better to look for a young pacey player on the way up or try one of Argyle's own young players.
If we're going to spend that sort of money AND for a striker less in the mould of what we've already got I would get Joe Mason back.

Lamberts best years are behind him, Joe would be less of a gamble and would last longer (albeit loans would probably be all we could afford for either at this stage).

Lambert was mustard in the Premiership but what in truth have we seen from him in the last two or three seasons. I just forsee us scratching our heads wondering why we signed Lambert in a few months time as he fails to get used or can barely run when he does.

I would give the bloke a chance if he came, but worry we were the third club to give him a contract based on former glory.

Oct 10, 2012
Mason has more to play for in his career. If Lambert had a poor season he'd probably retire.

If Mason had a poor season he could find himself sliding down the Football League pyramid.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
X Isle":e0fh0hoh said:
Dorset Pilgrim":e0fh0hoh said:
If we're going to spend that sort of money AND for a striker less in the mould of what we've already got I would get Joe Mason back.

Lamberts best years are behind him, Joe would be less of a gamble and would last longer (albeit loans would probably be all we could afford for either at this stage).

Lambert was mustard in the Premiership but what in truth have we seen from him in the last two or three seasons. I just forsee us scratching our heads wondering why we signed Lambert in a few months time as he fails to get used or can barely run when he does.

I would give the bloke a chance if he came, but worry we were the third club to give him a contract based on former glory.

You say that as if there's a chance that we could get Joe mason on loan. Surely there is a less than zero chance of that happening?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Dorset Pilgrim":3c7b98tr said:
I agree. This type of signing would disrupt the structure of the squad.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
plymouthboyuk":i0e559ks said:

Non starter.

Lambert has one year left on his contract at Cardiff, he hasn't played much over the last 12 months and Warnock has said he is not part of any future plans so it would be difficult to sell him and a loan would be the next best option.

I believe Lambert still has a home in Southampton and would probably like to stay in the south, he knows Paul Wotton from their time together at Southampton, Warnock has strong links with Argyle and has become an admirer of Adams, so if we decide to pay even a quarter of Lambert's wages for 6 months it's within the realms of possibility that he will sign.
Who knows?

NLG

✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Can't see it happening but would be a great signing.

Jul 3, 2013
Signing on monday apparently........for Blackburn. Woukd make sense being from that part of the world.