Rickie Lambert (will he sign?) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rickie Lambert (will he sign?)

Will Lambert sign for Argyle?

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • This thread is complete nonsense

Votes: 81 44.8%

• Total voters
Mar 14, 2009
Lambert is like Sheringham in the sense he never really had any pace.

What he does have is a footballing brain. With his back to goal, he would be a decent signing. Takes a great free kick and penalty.

I would imagine he goes back to Bristol Rovers if he is league one bound.

I would love to see it happen, but think this is a rumour that has snowballed out of control.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
What's to discuss. He must be on anything from 5k to 10k a week.
No way can Argyle pay Half or even quarter of his wages,
Even Warnock wouldn't let him play for Argyle, and Cardiff pay his wages.

Non starter.

Jan 3, 2013
plymouthboyuk":3nwgp89j said:

Non starter.

I'll remind you of that comment in seven days :whistle:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I take absolutely no notice of anyone who says 'no chance' or 'non starter' at anything after the Carey thread.

Ronaldo joining Argyle? Yes, no chance. An out of favour Championship striker whose manager often refers to Argyle as 'we'? Of course there's a chance.

Mar 14, 2009
Knarf Reprah":wu668l6x said:
plymouthboyuk":wu668l6x said:

Non starter.

I'll remind you of that comment in seven days :whistle:

This rumoured has snowballed. At work someone said he was joining but l think this is a rumour has spread by just the power of social media, without any real concrete proof.

I'd like to know how we can afford his wages. Especially if Carey is on around 8k a week.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Biggs":y5jpbweh said:
I take absolutely no notice of anyone who says 'no chance' or 'non starter' at anything after the Carey thread.

Ronaldo joining Argyle? Yes, no chance. An out of favour Championship striker whose manager often refers to Argyle as 'we'? Of course there's a chance.

This. I wouldn't say I was optimistic, but I'm definitely not ruling it out.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Knarf Reprah":11tvmooy said:
The empty number nine shirt..........discuss

There have been a few seasons recently where we didn't have shirt number nine allocated.

We already have a thread on Lambert on rumours so this should go there too.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Biggs":3fpips42 said:

My thoughts exactly in these rarified times. The clubs coffers must be relatively full after Wembley, Liverpool x 2 and a few bumper promotion crowds last season. I certainly don't want the club to spend more than they have, but a short-term loan, even at a relatively high weekly wage, is very easy to budget for in the sense that there is no commitment beyond date X

Nov 9, 2008
As much as I would love to sign him Taylor is the same type of player but still has His legs. Rumours are he's going back to The Gas

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
landons forehead":1209nqeq said:
Biggs":1209nqeq said:

My thoughts exactly in these rarified times. The clubs coffers must be relatively full after Wembley, Liverpool x 2 and a few bumper promotion crowds last season. I certainly don't want the club to spend more than they have, but a short-term loan, even at a relatively high weekly wage, is very easy to budget for in the sense that there is no commitment beyond date X
Simon Hallett admitted recently that it was surprising how quick that money has been swallowed up.