Rickie Lambert (will he sign?) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rickie Lambert (will he sign?)

Will Lambert sign for Argyle?

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • This thread is complete nonsense

Votes: 81 44.8%

• Total voters

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
12.5 x 20 weeks = 250k I don't think so, but if he came and as jimsing says he score 20 goals by end of dec and crowds have gone up by 2-3000 we would have got our money back and more and we should be in a very good position in the league.

But IF is a very small word with a big meaning.

Jul 29, 2010
Cobi Budge":ztr8wc33 said:
I'm genuinely stunned that some people wouldn't want Lambert ....
Every seasoned Argyle supporter remembers 'legends', with very decent and fairly recent top league success, come down here for one last hurrah.

Most prominent in my mind is Micky Quinn, and he was utter pish.

My worry is that Lambert might be on the same sort of performance trajectory.

You do get the opposite occur, McCall and Nails spring to mind.

But for £12,500 p/w?, if that's right, that is a massively expensive coin toss, money far better spent elsewhere for me.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i agree X-ISLE.i am old enough to remember bruce bannister and the legend that wasn't philip starbuck for examples.yes there are exceptions but they are rare.i would prefer derek to dig out another little gem in some other sides squad.

Oct 31, 2015
Steve Evans":15ds6w8r said:
i agree X-ISLE.i am old enough to remember bruce bannister and the legend that wasn't philip starbuck for examples.yes there are exceptions but they are rare.i would prefer derek to dig out another little gem in some other sides squad.
Throw in Jim Beglin from Liverpool. I couldnt believe how bad he waa and lets not forget our most famous centre back who wasnt a day under 40 when he hobbled onto the pitch.

I agree Nalis, McCall and in a way Fox and probably Grobbelaar have bucked the trend of older premiership stars being pants at HP but my experience is more often thsn not that they are pish. I would sincerely hope that we dont pay 12k worth of wages to anyone as thats what put us in free fall. I trust DA and JB to make the right decisions

Jul 29, 2010
Beglin was pants, but as I recall was coming back from injury and not on the absolute twilight of his career, went on to Leeds after Liverpool.

Shilton was guff as a player.

Rufus Brevitt just popped into my head too when you mentioned Beglin, a fellow left back and a fellow hall of shamer, utter pooh.

Graham Shaw, formerly half decent, as was Emile Mpenza, not nearly as old as Lambert but very much on the way out.

If we're even considering Lambert then we can afford Joe Mason, and I know which age group and career trajectory i'd sooner invest in.

Jul 3, 2013
X Isle":r0mxn8q2 said:
Beglin was pants, but as I recall was coming back from injury and not on the absolute twilight of his career, went on to Leeds after Liverpool.

Rufus Brevitt just popped into my head too when you mentioned Beglin, a fellow left back and a fellow hall of shamer, utter pooh.

Graham Shaw, formerly half decent, as was Emile Mpenza, not nearly as old as Lambert but very much on the way out.

If we're even considering Lambert then we can afford Joe Mason, and I know which age group and career trajectory i'd sooner invest in.

I suspect any slight hope of catching Lambert would mean Cardiff paid 80% of his wages as a loan player, as for Mason its a case of Wolves wanting to sell with a rather large fee involved.
Cant see either happening but would love to be proved wrong

Jul 29, 2010
If Cardiff are saving just 5ķ but still spending 20k for nothing, they might just as well keep him as a late impact sub.

Do they want rid that desperately?...because if they do that says an awful lot in itself.

As Han said to Chewy, "I got a bad feelin' about this".

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
X Isle":1ebru11s said:

I am old enough to recall Alan Sealey and Alan Peacock as fading stars, but at least they had previous injuries to rehabilitate as an excuse for their failures. Calvin Plummer was another.

D

deanthegreenmachine

Just saw Wales on line Warnock is trying to find a club for Craig Noone... weve got enough wingers of course but would anyone like him back at the club ...

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
deanthegreenmachine":2yep6rav said:
Just saw Wales on line Warnock is trying to find a club for Craig Noone... weve got enough wingers of course but would anyone like him back at the club ...
His reported wages are not that far off Lambert's.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
The old Beglin was rubbish is a bit odd, he spent much of his career, laying the ball inside to Souness, Hansen, Lawrenson and the ball would move from red shirt to red shirt. I remember him playing a ball inside (possibly at Manor Ground, Oxford) where upon Adrian Burrows hoofed it 70 yards with his left peg, clearing the main stand. Burrows then gave Beglin a rollicking for trying to play football in his own half - something he had done all his career.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Information from "sources close to the Herald" ? Shouldn't that be sources close to the player? Sources close to the Herald could be the guy sat on the next desk leaning over the partition and spouting off any old codswallop!