Rickie Lambert (will he sign?) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Rickie Lambert (will he sign?)

Will Lambert sign for Argyle?

• Yes

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 84 46.4%
  • This thread is complete nonsense

Votes: 81 44.8%

• Total voters
Apr 29, 2016
GreenLDN":39tsx3fl said:
MajorGreen":39tsx3fl said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":39tsx3fl said:
MajorGreen":39tsx3fl said:
mercedes":39tsx3fl said:
I see that Warnock has said today that Ricky Lambert does NOT feature in his plans for the coming season. He has one year left to run on his 2 year contract, so he can sit it out if he likes, but Colin has said that he wants to move him on within the next 2 weeks.
Could he do a job for us in League 1? Have his legs 'gone'? Is still only 35, with a wonderful goal scoring record, but the goals have dried up for him over the past couple of years. Liverpool paid £4million for him 3 years ago. WBA paid £3million 2 years ago. Cardiff paid an 'undisclosed fee' for him only a year ago. No doubt he's on big wages for the remainder of his contract, but that's Cardiff's problem, not ours. Argyle could make a contribution towards those wages if Colin would let him go on loan (which he likely would if there's no buyer)............................

Legs have gone. Desire has gone. No thanks!

And you've formed this opinion on what???

On the last 2 seasons performances... Thanks :thumbup:

I'm not saying for a second that I want him, but I disagree with your comments - particuarly as you're comparing apples and pears - League One is significantly lower in quality than the Premier League, and a bit lower than the Championship.

Less than 3 years ago, he was scoring goals for England and was starting for Liverpool. He's scored goals everywhere he's been - including last season in his limited playing time for Cardiff. If he hadn't moved to Liverpool and had stayed at Saints, or another similar side - he wouldn't have suffered the way he has.

Lambert would score goals for us, and any team in League One. You don't lose that instinct. Plus - he'd be fantastic to have around the club as a leader, and also as someone who can help our younger players to improve.

I'd personally prefer a younger, more mobile striker - but if Adams thinks Lambert is the man for us - I'd have to say he would be a low-risk gamble for me.

Totally agree. If we gave a chance to get Lambert snatch their hand off. With quality balls coming into the box from all those wingers and Carey, he's the ideal man to put them away. He's a good intelligent footballer and in that role he'd have others to do the running. I've always liked him and is likely to bring the other youngsters on around him too. What a mentor for Alex Fletcher.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
X Isle":3krt2urd said:
Nah, not for me, I still see Lambert and think Nardiello :sad:

Lambert is in a completely different league. Why not think positive and see Lambert and think Cureton! :D

If Lambert comes back to League One, I don't see him ending up anywhere other than Bristol Rovers.

Jul 29, 2010
Because Cureton was all about guile and craft, Lambert and Nardiello were all about strength. You don't lose your brain half as quickly as you lose your strength.

Jun 11, 2012
Ricky Lambert's got a much better footballing brain than you're giving him credit for. He was a huge part of that Southampton team a few years back that did so well, whilst playing attractive football.

Oct 14, 2015
All about opinions but not sure how some can rejoice the resigning of Wylde yet hesitant about the possibilty of a proven top player, albeit past his best but still good enough for league one IMO....Experience in lower leagues are vital.....isn't it??

Apr 29, 2016
Nobby":23b5chyj said:
X Isle":23b5chyj said:
Nah, not for me, I still see Lambert and think Nardiello :sad:

Lambert is in a completely different league. Why not think positive and see Lambert and think Cureton! :D

If Lambert comes back to League One, I don't see him ending up anywhere other than Bristol Rovers.
Totally different league. How could you possibly compare an ex England International and Premiership player to Nardiello. He's good with his feet, that's why he's a penalty taker. He brings people into play and far more than a battering ram. Ok he's 35 but Barry Hayles did an excellent job for us in his twilight years and I reckon that Lambert could do the same! Here's hoping that the rumours are right. I reckon we've got a chance!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just think - Lambert last played for England less than 3 years ago and was in the 2014 World Cup squad.

I suppose Shilton was the last England international we signed, anyone?

P

Positively Green

If he will come to HP can you imagine the headaches the L1 defenders will have? Mark GC10 or Lambert? Sounds a promising spectacle for the Green Army!!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
I would guess he would be one of Cardiff's bigger earners. So even as a loan, he would take another chunk from our budget. That budget may well have already be looking at little thin after persuading Carey to stay.

Nobody can predict how these things will work out. He could be another Mpenza or Kenny Cooper. Equally, he could end up being a pivotal part of our side.

Slight concern for me would be his impact on our team spirit. Generally Argyle have not fared well with "marquee" signings over the years.