Legal threats to the Trust ISC. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Legal threats to the Trust ISC.

Nov 27, 2009
Plymouth.
esmer":20sqdm5x said:
Charlie Wood":20sqdm5x said:
I think I can live with my conscience, Esmer, if the money lenders are thrown out of the temple. Anyway good luck with your shift today.
Whatever. Only Plymouth Argyle could be destroyed by it's own fans.

Hope you can live with your conscience if the club is liquidated, you would have played your part.

What part are you playing in helping to save the club?

Nov 11, 2006
esmer":12dgjufe said:
I would also remind Chris he represents nobody, he and his fellow committee members are un-elected and he should make that clear when he deals with the Football League and the media etc.

He may not have been elected ...yet! but to say Chris represents nobody is pedantic bullsh*t. He certainly represents me, and if you manage to get your head out from inside the cavity at your rear, you'll notice from most of the replies on this thread that a significant number of others consider him to be representing them too. In fact, people are joining the Trust purely in response to the work Chris is doing.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
esmer":1f8yrkln said:
Charlie Wood":1f8yrkln said:
I think I can live with my conscience, Esmer, if the money lenders are thrown out of the temple. Anyway good luck with your shift today.
Whatever. Only Plymouth Argyle could be destroyed by it's own fans.

Hope you can live with your conscience if the club is liquidated, you would have played your part.
bullpoo, we are the only people with a hearted interest in saving the club with out the lining of our pockets as the main objective.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
John_Vaughan":1kc5yqee said:
When I first started reading this thread, my initial reaction was to immediately join the Trust. Then I read further.....

Chris Webb":1kc5yqee said:
On the Brendan Guilfoyle section of the post this has legs. Our understanding was that the SAP agreement was due to complete on Aug 5th. After conflicting reports that this maybe delayed I sent a short note asking Mr Guilfoyle to confirm either way. Things (feelings) lets just say, deteriorated over the next emails as I informed Mr Guilfoyle that the Trust was considering seeking legal advice and also considering writing to Westminster.

The last reply from BG included the line "My solicitors have been asked to monitor your press comments"

So, the Trust made the first legal action "threat"? Has the Trust taken any legal advice?

Has anything actually happened? Not that I can see.

So, what appears to have happened is akin to a couple of squabbling neighbours.

"I'm going to see a solicitor", "Me too".

On here though this is gradually escalating into the Trust fighting some sort of Custer's last stand!

AS PJ stated earlier "You couldn't make it up". Yes you could.

Don't you just love PASOTI.

It's getting to the point that I really don't care who takes over. I just hope that it happens soon.

Good spot John.

As far as I can see the only person actually threatened with legal action is BG. From Chris' post BG has made no such 'threat'.

The chest thumping on here is unbelievable from people that don't seem to have actually read the details just the thread title.

Oct 24, 2010
bringonthemilkman":1vk0isku said:
The timing, tone & content of Esmer's posts have convinced me that whoever he is he is a plant sent on here to espouse Guilfoyle's interests. You ask who Chris Webb represents, well he represents the feelings of the fanbase a lot more than Esmer. Come clean Esmer, tell us who do you represent? Where do you work?
Does he bollocks, he represents nobody and he should realise it. He is not in the position he is in to de-rail the bid.
If he is 100% sure the rescue plan will work then why can't he tell us.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
PAFC+":njmr4q49 said:
esmer":njmr4q49 said:
I would also remind Chris he represents nobody, he and his fellow committee members are un-elected and he should make that clear when he deals with the Football League and the media etc.

He may not have been elected ...yet! but to say Chris represents nobody is pedantic bullsh*t. He certainly represents me, and if you manage to get your head out from inside the cavity at your rear, you'll notice from most of the replies on this thread that a significant number of others consider him to be representing them too. In fact, people are joining the Trust purely in response to the work Chris is doing.
And heres one more to join, wish I had done it sooner.

Oct 24, 2010
PAFC+":22mygj2k said:
esmer":22mygj2k said:

How many? 20, 30 even 50, maybe just maybe 100. Do you really think that gives him authority to destroy the club.
Writing to Westminster? What the f*ck is he playing at.

Nov 11, 2006
Daz":zhv2r1xp said:
John_Vaughan":zhv2r1xp said:
When I first started reading this thread, my initial reaction was to immediately join the Trust. Then I read further.....

Chris Webb":zhv2r1xp said:
On the Brendan Guilfoyle section of the post this has legs. Our understanding was that the SAP agreement was due to complete on Aug 5th. After conflicting reports that this maybe delayed I sent a short note asking Mr Guilfoyle to confirm either way. Things (feelings) lets just say, deteriorated over the next emails as I informed Mr Guilfoyle that the Trust was considering seeking legal advice and also considering writing to Westminster.

The last reply from BG included the line "My solicitors have been asked to monitor your press comments"

So, the Trust made the first legal action "threat"? Has the Trust taken any legal advice?

On here though this is gradually escalating into the Trust fighting some sort of Custer's last stand!

It's getting to the point that I really don't care who takes over. I just hope that it happens soon.

Good spot John.

As far as I can see the only person actually threatened with legal action is BG. From Chris' post BG has made no such 'threat'.

The chest thumping on here is unbelievable from people that don't seem to have actually read the details just the thread title.

Er .....'Considering taking legal advice' and 'solicitors asked to monitor your press comments' are quite different things.

Oct 22, 2009
[

Chris[/quote]
Can you expand a bit, what are the specific issues causing the problem? Is he concerned you are jepordising the process?[/quote]

Surely those are questions you should be raising with Guilfoyle and Ridsdale next time you see them?[/quote]
That's right, don't let the facts get in the way of a good witch-hunt. We've had four pages of bile without a clue what it is about. If this whole thing goes mammaries up and we end up without a club you guys are going to have to take your share of the responsibility.

I would also remind Chris he represents nobody, he and his fellow committee members are un-elected and he should make that clear when he deals with the Football League and the media etc.[/quote]

I would say Chris represents about 90% of the argyle fans appauled at this complete farce of a takeover and what it will mean to our club financially and morally. Ok if the last 4 pages were not to your like liking how about 8 months of broken promises and deceit. FACT brenda lied about knowing the identity of the PB, FACT ginger rodent has only paid 300k exclusivity payment, FACT ginger rodent is refusing to reveal the identities of his financial backers (which in my opinon he clearly doesnt have anyway) FACT him and riddler are deliberately prolonging this process and constantly changing deadlines. I could go on and on and on. Why dont you just go and crawl back under the rock you came from you annoying little attention seeker. Why dont you and mariner go and form your own own forum in a shrine to the mighty heaney, brenda and riddler. If you are that shallow that all you care about is being able to watch sub standard L2 football go and support Torquay. I would choose to watch an "AFC Argyle" in the south western league run by a trust with decent fans with morals over your leeds mafia property development team

In the words of Kevin Keagan " I will love it" if these snakes get their hands on our club and you see what happens afters its been raped. I want you and mariner to come on here and personally apologise to every one of us that tried to warn people

PS I joined the trust today

PPS a message to brenda's Claims Direct lawyers if you are reading this: (in my opinion) I cannot wait to see this being his last ever job in football because after what he is trying to do to our club he's not going to be touched by a piece of $hit on a stick, let alone another club

LEEDS MAFIA OUT NOW

E

ellipses

As a rescent trust joiner, I just want to add one more to the list of people who consider Chris is representing them. If I didnt think he was, I wouldn't have joined.

Nov 11, 2006
esmer":1hatu778 said:
PAFC+":1hatu778 said:
esmer":1hatu778 said:

How many? 20, 30 even 50, maybe just maybe 100. Do you really think that gives him authority to destroy the club.
Writing to Westminster? What the f*ck is he playing at.

You're having a larf! Keep burying your head in the sand esmer. There are over 1100 members, and many more supporters who are not members. Do you hear any of them complaining? No

He is not seeking to destroy the club, he is playing a role in trying to safeguard the future of the club in a form that most of us value, but which you have no interest in and will happily see compromised or even destroyed.

Are you on double time for a Saturday shift?

Mar 12, 2008
Leeds
esmer":1g6qq3i1 said:
FordGreen":1g6qq3i1 said:
Hissy fit alert! Hissy fit alert! Esmer's not happy again. :whistle:
Not happy? I'm peed off.

Good. The sooner you and your cronies are out of here the better. When you next decide to criticise the rescue plan for a lack of transparency, you might want to consider the transparency of the administration/preferred bidder process. You might also note that all of the people involved in the rescue plan have been named and many of their advocates post on here under their real names.

Since you joined this forum the morning after Ridsdale first appeared, I wonder whether you'll be off if/when the deal collapses? Also, have you agreed to meet IJN yet?

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
Daz":yfi8kdm7 said:
John_Vaughan":yfi8kdm7 said:

Chris Webb":yfi8kdm7 said:

Good spot John.

BG represents a large, wealthy, financial organisation, probably with lawyers on expensive retainers available at his beck and call and - because of the nature of his job - is probably very au fait with most of the legal aspects of the financial world.

Chris is a volunteer, representing a (relatively) poorly-funded organisation comprising no professional staff but consists solely of other volunteers.

I'd say BG's "threat" of legal action is much more sinister than the perceived "threat" of legal action from a voluntary body. BG has not been "threatened". He has been informed that the Trust may have to seek legal advice, probably to have a professional check over some of the comments made to Chris. To my mind a total understandable position to take if you're not "in the business".

If a solicitor turned up at your house of place of business stating that such-and-such legal postion was in force and you had to comply, would you just accept it without taking legal advice of your own?