Legal threats to the Trust ISC. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Legal threats to the Trust ISC.

R

Rich158

Gareth Nicholson":3mit71s9 said:
I hope Guilfoyle isn't charging the time spent by his solicitors reading newspapers to Argyle.

Chris,

Do you think it would be wise to have him confirm this in writing?

The thought of having club money spent on this, in any way, shape or twisted accountancy form, is galling.

Oct 24, 2010
Chris Webb":2mqqy0un said:
Hi All

Been travelling all day and only just seen this post.

About 2/3 weeks ago it was passed onto me via the media that Peter Ridsdale was very angry with our letter to the Fooball League and was considering suing us. Since then I have spoken to him a few time, exchanged a few emails etc. On that basis I can only assume that the rumour was just that - a rumour.

On the Brendan Guilfoyle section of the post this has legs. Our understanding was that the SAP agreement was due to complete on Aug 5th. After conflicting reports that this maybe delayed I sent a short note asking Mr Guilfoyle to confirm either way. Things (feelings) lets just say, deteriorated over the next emails as I informed Mr Guilfoyle that the Trust was considering seeking legal advice and also considering writing to Westminster.

The last reply from BG included the line "My solicitors have been asked to monitor your press comments"

Not wishing to come across as bullish but this is water off a ducks back to me as an individual. My day jobs has seen threats of suspension, legal action, visits to the high court etc so it is an environment actually as a person I am comfortable.

I want to assure Trust members that the fact our comments are being monitored will not stop us from speaking out (today's press release is evidence of this).

We want to work with Mr Guilfoyle to ensure a successful end to the administration process but we will not sit idly by whilst the perception is that the goalposts are constantly moved.

We are in place to ask questions and get answers. We will continue to do our very best for the Trust membership.

I have said it before and I will say it again - now is the time for cool heads and strong hearts. We are dealing with major players in the Football and Legal world. On the plus side they are also dealing with major players in the world of supporters. The ISC, Taverners, Supporters Groups, Pasoti etc are a force to be reckoned with when we unite.

Together we are stronger. No amount of "monitoring" will change that!

This is our club - we are here to take it back!!!

Chris
Can you expand a bit, what are the specific issues causing the problem? Is he concerned you are jepordising the process?

A

Anonymous

Chris Webb":1ekixxtj said:
Hi All

About 2/3 weeks ago it was passed onto me via the media that Peter Ridsdale was very angry with our letter to the Fooball League and was considering suing us. Since then I have spoken to him a few time, exchanged a few emails etc. On that basis I can only assume that the rumour was just that - a rumour.

On the Brendan Guilfoyle section of the post this has legs. Our understanding was that the SAP agreement was due to complete on Aug 5th. After conflicting reports that this maybe delayed I sent a short note asking Mr Guilfoyle to confirm either way. Things (feelings) lets just say, deteriorated over the next emails as I informed Mr Guilfoyle that the Trust was considering seeking legal advice and also considering writing to Westminster.

The last reply from BG included the line "My solicitors have been asked to monitor your press comments"

Not wishing to come across as bullish but this is water off a ducks back to me as an individual. My day jobs has seen threats of suspension, legal action, visits to the high court etc so it is an environment actually as a person I am comfortable.

I want to assure Trust members that the fact our comments are being monitored will not stop us from speaking out (today's press release is evidence of this).

We want to work with Mr Guilfoyle to ensure a successful end to the administration process but we will not sit idly by whilst the perception is that the goalposts are constantly moved.

We are in place to ask questions and get answers. We will continue to do our very best for the Trust membership.

I have said it before and I will say it again - now is the time for cool heads and strong hearts. We are dealing with major players in the Football and Legal world. On the plus side they are also dealing with major players in the world of supporters. The ISC, Taverners, Supporters Groups, Pasoti etc are a force to be reckoned with when we unite.

Chris
and this ladies and gentleman-
Is why I joined the trust!

Get behind it and make us stronger!

Dec 2, 2010
Plymouth
Andy_Symons":2t73ri7v said:
esmer":2t73ri7v said:
Chris Webb":2t73ri7v said:
Hi All

Chris
Can you expand a bit, what are the specific issues causing the problem? Is he concerned you are jepordising the process?

Surely those are questions you should be raising with Guilfoyle and Ridsdale next time you see them?
What's happened to the weekly update meetings with Brenda?

Apr 27, 2009
WidewellGreen":ri60jfa2 said:
Very impressed with the attitude you are taking over this Chris. if only some of the people in 'charge' of our club right now could act so dignified and as proffesionally as you have we might be talking more about football and less about the goings on behind the scene.

Over the last month i have watched and read how the trust is clearly working towards trying to secure the future of the club and although you have some critics i have been really impressed with how you comunicate with us.

Its dissapointing that the powers that be feel threatened by the steps you have taken and cannot see that you share the same goal as the rest of us in ensuring we get to see football in the future.

I have now been swayed and signed up to the trust this evening. I hope that others reading this recent development do the same. the trust are obviously a big player in the future of our club.

Same, finally got my arse in gear and signed up a few days ago

P

Peter

Peter":1ex6u14b said:
A couple of links of interest, although I'm sure that those that need to know are already aware of them.

How to complain against an insolvency practitioner:
http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/insolv ... inst-an-ip

and

How to report corruption:
http://www.sfo.gov.uk/bribery--corrupti ... ption.aspx

Peter

Is it wrong to quote oneself?
This is from the 2nd link, interesting!

What is corruption?

By its nature corruption can be difficult to detect as it usually involves two or more people entering into a secret agreement. The agreement can be to pay a financial inducement to a public official for securing favour of some description in return.

In overseas corruption this can manifest itself by a UK company paying a bribe for the benefit of an overseas public official in order to win a contract. This can be done through a 3rd party commonly known as an agent or advisor who then passes the bribe on to the public official or directly by the UK company to public official.

Ingenious methods of making the payments are used by those involved, including moving the money through a number of offshore companies (that on the face of it has nothing to do with the intended recipient) registered in various jurisdictions.

The secret nature of the agreement means that it is difficult for anyone other than those involved to know what is going on. As a result of the work the SFO has conducted, we have identified a number of questionable practices within various sectors. We call these corruption indicators.

It is possible that in your day to day life or in your working environment you have or will come across questionable practices; things that, given your knowledge and experience, just do not seem to add up. This may not necessarily mean that corruption is present but it may be something that you wish to bring to the attention of your manager or better still inform the SFO on our hotline 020 7239 7388.

Oct 24, 2010
Andy_Symons":oic3zbkm said:
esmer":oic3zbkm said:
Chris Webb":oic3zbkm said:
Hi All

Chris

Surely those are questions you should be raising with Guilfoyle and Ridsdale next time you see them?
That's right, don't let the facts get in the way of a good witch-hunt. We've had four pages of bile without a clue what it is about. If this whole thing goes mammaries up and we end up without a club you guys are going to have to take your share of the responsibility.

I would also remind Chris he represents nobody, he and his fellow committee members are un-elected and he should make that clear when he deals with the Football League and the media etc.

C

Charlie Wood

I think I can live with my conscience, Esmer, if the money lenders are thrown out of the temple. Anyway good luck with your shift today.

Oct 24, 2010
Charlie Wood":1k26tl77 said:
I think I can live with my conscience, Esmer, if the money lenders are thrown out of the temple. Anyway good luck with your shift today.
Whatever. Only Plymouth Argyle could be destroyed by it's own fans.

Hope you can live with your conscience if the club is liquidated, you would have played your part.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
The timing, tone & content of Esmer's posts have convinced me that whoever he is he is a plant sent on here to espouse Guilfoyle's interests. You ask who Chris Webb represents, well he represents the feelings of the fanbase a lot more than Esmer. Come clean Esmer, tell us who do you represent? Where do you work?

M

MoistVonLipwig

When I first started reading this thread, my initial reaction was to immediately join the Trust. Then I read further.....

Chris Webb":6vs7ou9q said:

So, the Trust made the first legal action "threat"? Has the Trust taken any legal advice?

Has anything actually happened? Not that I can see.

So, what appears to have happened is akin to a couple of squabbling neighbours.

"I'm going to see a solicitor", "Me too".

On here though this is gradually escalating into the Trust fighting some sort of Custer's last stand!

AS PJ stated earlier "You couldn't make it up". Yes you could.

Don't you just love PASOTI.

It's getting to the point that I really don't care who takes over. I just hope that it happens soon.