Legal threats to the Trust ISC. | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Legal threats to the Trust ISC.

Oct 24, 2010
Graham Clark":2w0xh1ab said:
esmer":2w0xh1ab said:
FordGreen":2w0xh1ab said:
Hissy fit alert! Hissy fit alert! Esmer's not happy again. :whistle:
Not happy? I'm peed off.

Esmer, if Guilfoyle and Ridsdale were confident of the Heaney deal actually completing that would not have both reacted in such a personal way to Chris. Chris is doing a formidable job in asking probing and provoking questions that deserve proper and considered responses, particularly if you are an Officer of the Court.

Ill judged comments threatening legal action and a blizzard of e-mailing reflects what some might say as 'conduct unbecoming'. It is most unfortunate, but if they both think Chris and others will back off and wilfully submit they are very much mistaken.

It is no wonder that Guilfoyle has confessed to 'not sleeping at night'! He is worried and so he should be if your professional reputation was resting on Kevin Heaney's ability to provide the necessary funding and complete the deal within a generous and ever extended time limit.
Graham, if the rescue plan has a 100% chance of success then I take back all I've posted this morning. Does it? If not Chris and the Trust should be cooperating with the Administrator and doing all they can to make plan A work, not writing to the Football League during delicate negotiations over the FL share, or writing to Westminster, or getting into legal disputes with Guilefoyle. As I say if the rescue plan is cast iron fine, but if not this is wrong and dangerous for the future of the club .

Oct 24, 2010
IJN":3s9o3kci said:
esmer":3s9o3kci said:
FordGreen":3s9o3kci said:
Not happy? I'm peed off.

Hey Esmer, I've received an anonymous text, saying that you're David Jones brother! :shock:

Care to comment?
No I'm not. If you're concerned about peoples motives ask your mate Peter Jones if he plans being on James Brent's board. That's far more to the point, but being his buddy I don't suppose you object to that particular example of double standards..

Oct 24, 2010
paulysalz":20luby63 said:
esmer":20luby63 said:
FordGreen":20luby63 said:
Not happy? I'm peed off.

Good. The sooner you and your cronies are out of here the better. When you next decide to criticise the rescue plan for a lack of transparency, you might want to consider the transparency of the administration/preferred bidder process. You might also note that all of the people involved in the rescue plan have been named and many of their advocates post on here under their real names.

Since you joined this forum the morning after Ridsdale first appeared, I wonder whether you'll be off if/when the deal collapses? Also, have you agreed to meet IJN yet?
Your ignorance is staggering. I've never criticised the rescue plan for it's confidentiality, I have always recognised the need for it. Post on facts not your imagination.

John_Vaughan":3d53b68b said:
IJN":3d53b68b said:
John_Vaughan":3d53b68b said:
It's getting to the point that I really don't care who takes over. I just hope that it happens soon.

Good for you John, some of us, have more staying power! :greensmile:

LOL Ian.

I've never supported any board (never will), just the team.

Memories can be very short where football is concerned.

Sturrock went from saint to sinner, some have even forgiven Mac666 and Cockney Green!

All that really matters to (dare I say) most people is entertainment on a Saturday afternoon and hopefully some success
along the way.

Whoever finally buys the club will be judged by the success or failure of the team, not on who is the nicest guy or the
one with the best morals.

Or whether or not they pay the staff?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Interesting thread, not least as it shows the weakness of only being able to stack 3 (?) quotes, as we now have some posters apparently saying things they clearly have not.

At the bottom of it all those is a mattter of he said, she said and it progresses the plight of the club not one iota.

I do know if anyone wants to engage in a battle of lawyers there will only be one winner....the Lawyers. From the Trust perspective it is also fanciful as it is clear they couldnt ask a lot before running out of money. And before anyone says we'll start a fund, I'd say we have funds already to help the staff, yet of late they seem to be slowing down despite the best efforts of the GT's.

Personally, whilst still not supporting either bid on offer or in ferment and agreeing with all the voices that say its a disgrace that deadlines are being extended, we are still no further on and we only have one offer, however damaged, that is here on the table and is being taken forward.

And in the heat of battle it may have been missed, we have a game at Shrewsbury in 7 days time. Lets hope we remember to support whoever turns up in green.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
IJN":3o59gy0n said:
Another football tart! :lolno:

Have you met Daz? ;)
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Peter Jones

R.I.P
Mar 4, 2004
Esmer, looks like you've been fed a lie. Another one.

"There's a good boy. Now you can have a treat!"

I have not had a single conversation with James Brent about being part of his board.

However, I do want an Argyle to support, as I have done for many years now. An Argyle run with decency and integrity - an Argyle that stands for all that's good about football, rather than all that's bad.

And my analysis is that the James Brent option is far more likely to deliver that.

P

Peter

Graham, if the rescue plan has a 100% chance of success then I take back all I've posted this morning. Does it? If not Chris and the Trust should be cooperating with the Administrator and doing all they can to make plan A work, not writing to the Football League during delicate negotiations over the FL share, or writing to Westminster, or getting into legal disputes with Guilefoyle. As I say if the rescue plan is cast iron fine, but if not this is wrong and dangerous for the future of the club .

Esmer,
How do Chris/the trust cooperate with the administrator? and what can they do to make plan A work? If people knew the answer to that I'm sure we'd be much more appreciative of Plan A and willing to assist in any way we could. However very little apart from deadline extensions seem to be coming from Plan A.

On a side note, just signing up to the trust so that Chris can represent me too; Esmer has encouraged me to do so.

Peter

A

Anonymous

esmer":2u2o88qf said:
No I'm not. If you're concerned about peoples motives ask your mate Peter Jones if he plans being on James Brent's board. That's far more to the point, but being his buddy I don't suppose you object to that particular example of double standards..

Me? Peter Jones buddy? :lol: I would have laughed even longer, but as you've only been on the site for a wee while, I'll let that one past.

PJ and I have had lots of run ins and no doubt, will again in the future, bit on this one we agree, hardly a 'buddy' is he?

It's very strange though, for someone who backs this bunch of worms to the hilt, seems fit to avoid being met, or actually declare who he is. It just raises questions as to why you are on here at all. If David Jones IS your brother, that would, at least make sense as to why you are defending such a mess.

I'm not sure why PJ would hide his interest though, as him sitting on the board, would, I'm sure be welcomed by 97% of Argyle fans.

I talked to him about it this morning, funnily enough, and I reckon he should start talking to JB about it, so we at least know, who would be involved going forward.

JB and PJ would be a great start in my mind.

B

bizzay1

IJN":zq1zdhyy said:
JB and PJ would be a great start in my mind.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
John_Vaughan":4w6jb4if said:
IJN":4w6jb4if said:
John_Vaughan":4w6jb4if said:
I've never supported any board (never will), just the team.

Memories can be very short where football is concerned.

Sturrock went from saint to sinner, some have even forgiven Mac666 and Cockney Green!

All that really matters to (dare I say) most people is entertainment on a Saturday afternoon and hopefully some success
along the way.

Whoever finally buys the club will be judged by the success or failure of the team, not on who is the nicest guy or the
one with the best morals.
That sums up my position quite nicely John. I am doing my best to stay out of this (now rather boring) pro/anti squabble. We will not influence the outcome one way or another. However, I do congratulate the very few people who have actually done something (rather than press a few keys on a keyboard) to try to make sure there is a fall back plan ready to go if necessary. COYG :scarf:

G

grovehill

Typical Argyle.

Where else would you get the organisation that espouses to represent the fans openly falling out with the man in charge of the process to decide the future of the club?

Then, amid all the mudslinging, people are asking why prospective buyers wish to remain anonymous.

If the "Trust" had played there hand properly they could have been looking at having a major say in the running of the club going forward.

Or do they think they'll get that with a rival bid?

I don't know what Chris Webb's job is, but it might be an idea to start thinking about working with people rather than against them (whatever your personal opinions are).

That way, you might get what you want a bit more often and threats a bit less often!

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Trust Member #549 here.

I'm fully supportive of the Trust's stance, and I'm very grateful that people like Chris are doing the work that they are. :clap: :clap: