Incoming later (Gregg Wylde signs) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming later (Gregg Wylde signs)

G

greengiant1886

Mark Pedlar":3520m3rg said:
greengiant1886":3520m3rg said:
He's the kind of player that can turn games if they are going against us, I don't get why people disliked him so much.

Cos he gets into the corner and then puts his cross in row z. He's really not good enough.
He was no more inconsistent than Kennedy was with his end product and people seemed to love him. Wylde still scored 7 goals in that season as well as getting his assists.

Jul 29, 2010
PlymOdi":1o128m7v said:
So if Miller and Wylde play on the same day, which one do we use as the scapegoat? This could get confusing.
Songo'o :wink:

(BIG sigh) can't help but feel deflated, of the others we've signed there is hope, hope that Derek can get the best out of them, he really is a square peg in a square hole manager. But with Wylde we know already what to expect...and that was in a lower league :facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Hmmmm.

The only thing I'd say is that we seem to be signing players that we would be looking at in League 2 anyway.

Apparently we wanted to sign Ness in January, while in League 2. We had Wylde in League 2. Joel Grant, Ryan Edwards were League 2 players last season. Te Loeke is a backup. Lameiras is from a now-League 2 club in crisis.

When are we going to see the step up in quality that comes with a higher league? Having said all that, I was bemused at the background of last year's signings and we finished joint top, so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

I just sort of assumed after signing Carey, Jervis, Miller etc from the SPL while in League 2, we might now be going for even better players from that league. Still lots of time left, though.

Apr 1, 2009
macleanie":1osq5s0x said:
Not as disappointed as some, think he's a good signing still. However having upgraded to Kennedy when he left it does make you realise what he was missing slightly.

People are quick to forget that Wylde had some really good displays too.

As I may have forgotten, remind me of 3 of them please.

Jul 29, 2010
nick_PASTIE":2qvyi5lf said:
Glad he's back- where lacked pace and flair last year and this appears to be returning!
I declare this 'Marmite Wednesday', first the change kit and now Gregg Wylde :lol:

Aug 10, 2006
Biggs":ujfa6wfw said:
Hmmmm.

The only thing I'd say is that we seem to be signing players that we would be looking at in League 2 anyway.

Apparently we wanted to sign Ness in January, while in League 2. We had Wylde in League 2. Joel Grant, Ryan Edwards were League 2 players last season. Te Loeke is a backup. Lameiras is from a now-League 2 club in crisis.

When are we going to see the step up in quality that comes with a higher league? Having said all that, I was bemused at the background of last year's signings and we finished joint top, so I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.

I just sort of assumed after signing Carey, Jervis, Miller etc from the SPL while in League 2, we might now be going for even better players from that league. Still lots of time left, though.
agree with that nothing to get excited about at the minute.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Welcome back on board the good ship Mayflower.

Adams does like to sign wide players, we now have 5 who could play out wide or 7 if you include Carey and Blissett.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
PAFC123":1dykb17q said:
DartingtonPilgrim":1dykb17q said:
Green Giant":1dykb17q said:
Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

Not the worst guess in the world but the most common belief is that Wylde's back

It isn't a guess, there will be this guy plus 1 more today

Do you have a name for other player ?

Only name the source was willing to tell me was Taylor-Sinclair. Unless something has/does happen since this morning both him and 1 more (he says is a winger) will sign today or possibly tomorrow. Expecting both today

Thanks PAFC123 , look forward to announcement re AT-S , since winger has already arrived . Possibly 3 lefties on same day .
Could do with a bit more in centre mid and striker departments now .

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I am not wild about Wylde, but he will do as a squad player to come on in the 70th minute if e need to play further up the pitch and the right back for the opposition is the knackered side of fatigued.

Mar 23, 2008
Welcome home Wylde thing. Got some serious options and pace out wide now in Wylde, Jervis, Ainsworth and Grant. Think last year when we were chasing games we only really had a big man or Tanner as options whereas now most weeks we would have 2 wingers on the bench to impact a game plus if Taylor starts, Blissett is an option and also Carey, Lameiras and Sarcevic who can play the No.10 role. Feels a bit weird to think he left to jump up a division and now we are up he's back but even so i didn't dislike him before and can't blame him for wanting to better his career. Plus that winner at Pompey..........