Incoming later (Gregg Wylde signs) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming later (Gregg Wylde signs)

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Gives us something we lacked last year - pace. Will certainly be a tidy addition for the squad. Still largely uninspired by our recruitment this summer so far, but will trust in DA.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
Hopefully neither Taylor-Sinclair or Wylde.

Taylor-Sinclair was voted Doncaster Rovers worst player EVER! They've hardly been bestowed with riches over the years!

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/your-clubs-worst-player-ever-voted-fans?page=0,7

And Wylde has no end product. What's the point in being a winger if you can't cross the ball?

Off topic, but surprised that Woody chose Nicky Hammond as our worst player ever in that 442 piece. Sure, he was probably our worst keeper ever, but Peter Sw*n has to be the worst Argyle player ever, surely?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
greengiant1886":2l8b8rpl said:
He's the kind of player that can turn games if they are going against us, I don't get why people disliked him so much.

Cos he gets into the corner and then puts his cross in row z. He's really not good enough.

Apr 6, 2009
Im not sure how he will do as couldnt do league 1 elsewhere but adams seems able to get more out of them. He has good pace

Jul 29, 2010
Argy1e":3twiculv said:
The reaction towards Wylde from some on here is ridiculous. He was easily one of our best players that season, especially for the couple of months into the new year where everyone else faded. Plus.
They probably faded because they were sick to death of busting a gut to get into a position for a cross only to see if sail high wide and handsome somewhere else.

I agree he is a player to 'get you out of your seat', he has amazing trickery and pace to beat his man. But more often than not having stood up in excitement my ar5e was slammed back into the seat accompanied by the words "***ks sake man"

Then again, last season we rigidly had so few players up the field that had we had Wylde in the side there would never have been anyone there anyway.

If DA persists with the same setup at home this season I see no point in wingers as they'll have no targets to hit. Maybe with Ainsworth and Lamieras we're going to see something different. But even if that were to be the case, Gregg Wylde won't help his conversion rate of quality crosses was unbelievably poor.

As I see it if Gregg Wylde is the answer then what in God's name must the question be :shock:

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
So if Miller and Wylde play on the same day, which one do we use as the scapegoat? This could get confusing.

Welcome Back Gregg, let's hope you improved in your year away, as we have.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Completely underwhelmed by this one. Squad player at best.

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Greenarmy99":23l7ch7u said:
Really not very happy about this one, he didn't want to know us when we were in league 2 and now he's failed at league 1 level and no one else wants him he comes back.

Ouch! Pace, league 1 experience and was liked here. Good squad player. Hope he's been working on an end product! Welcome home Mr. Wylde.

Feb 2, 2007
Glad he's back- where lacked pace and flair last year and this appears to be returning. Shame it won't be with GC10!

Jun 24, 2008
Not as disappointed as some, think he's a good signing still. However having upgraded to Kennedy when he left it does make you realise what he was missing slightly.

People are quick to forget that Wylde had some really good displays too.