Incoming later (Gregg Wylde signs) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming later (Gregg Wylde signs)

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
None of the signings so far have been, i'd suggest, 'big' signings so maybe we're saving the budget for the odd 'marquee' signing or 3 to come in the next week or so....... :thumbup:

D

deanthegreenmachine

Trinity Green":3ahrfzfl said:
None of the signings so far have been, i'd suggest, 'big' signings so maybe we're saving the budget for the odd 'marquee' signing or 3 to come in the next week or so....... :thumbup:

I agree , squad players today, although not the Championship, League 1 is a step up, watched a fair bit last season, and this squad, Carey if he stays included will need to improve to cut the upper end of the table, 2 months before the window shuts, I expect a couple more signings and loans yet

Jul 24, 2009
deanthegreenmachine":3a1qpr58 said:
Trinity Green":3a1qpr58 said:

I agree , squad players today, although not the Championship, League 1 is a step up, watched a fair bit last season, and this squad, Carey if he stays included will need to improve to cut the upper end of the table, 2 months before the window shuts, I expect a couple more signings and loans yet
A significant chunk of budget must be on the table in our offer to Carey, if he signs he'll be a marquee signing and if he doesn't the money will presumably be freed up to make a marquee signing. In an ideal world we'd know either way soon.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
We are now shopping on the bargain shelf of poundland.

Jul 24, 2009
Argylegames":35e4ht6t said:
Carey's contract runs out on Friday.

He wasn't seen as a marquee signing two years ago!
True although that can change and he has come off two seasons as one of the stand out performers in league two

Jul 24, 2009
dunlop":3h3b86pi said:
Bit depends if this is it. If they are squad additions and there are two or three players who look like a quality upgrade then great. If these are the only additions I'd be concerned, albeit taking the point regarding Bradley & Fox last year.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
dunlop":3ahq8cc5 said:
Some fans were saying the same last season (maybe you Mike) but it worked out okay. Let's wait and see how it goes.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Knarf Reprah":uzq8ep12 said:
dunlop":uzq8ep12 said:

This
The signings might not look all that impressive, but a lot of them are likely to be back up and they generally look better than the players they've replaced.