Captain's gesture (Smalley) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captain's gesture (Smalley)

Jun 8, 2014
What the hell have I done?

All I said was I would never wish an injury like that on anyone but that it wasn't going to hurt us in football terms.

Should have expected the reaction - ie, something over nothing.

It's not like I said I'm glad he's in pain ffs.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I didn't see what you allegedly posted I must admit. Purely gone on what Ollie has said.

If it isn't right then I apologise, but it's not like Ollie to fabricate anything.

Perhaps I should stick to what I have seen and leave it at Steve Evens.

Jun 8, 2014
I don't know what MG said but my comments were wishing him well, would never wish an injury like this on anyone ever, but that if we go by football alone then his absence isn't exactly going to hurt us.

Wouldn't want that to come across as 'glad he's injured' though because I'm not.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Paven":3jqb25nc said:
What the hell have I done?

All I said was I would never wish an injury like that on anyone but that it wasn't going to hurt us in football terms.

Should have expected the reaction - ie, something over nothing.

It's not like I said I'm glad he's in pain ffs.

Not quite, rather than "it wouldn't hurt us footballing wise" the quote was "we now have a respectable chance of promotion" which is takes a completely different tone to how you have presented it on here.

As I said before there were worse culprits on Twitter who were actively celebrating the news but I find it hard to stomach MG defending Steve Evans for what was said on here when he himself in response to you joined in with the collective crass comments in response to Deane's injury on Twitter.

I said on twitter:

I wouldn't wish it (a bad injury) on anyone but in solely football terms then it gives a chance to better players like Harvey and Morgan.

I'm not ashamed of what I said and I stand by it. I'll leave the fine people on here to judge from exactly what I said whether or not it's a personal attack. Rather than something Ollie has paraphrased.

NB. when have I ever 'defended Steve Evans' for what he said? I merely said it was foolish, rather than malicious.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Mmmm, I think it's a twitish thing to say if I'm honest.

Let's put it this way, would you even dream of saying that to him?

Jun 8, 2014
I have seen those comments and they weren't pleasant.

Anything I said was horrendously mild in comparison.

I do stick with what I say - not that with him here we wouldn't be promoted, but now we won't bring him on for Reuben every game with half an hour to go. I didn't want him to play much based on his form but never, ever in such a way as this.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
MannameadGreen":2xo48z1l said:
I said on twitter:

I wouldn't wish it (a bad injury) on anyone but in solely football terms then it gives a chance to better players like Harvey and Morgan.

I'm not ashamed of what I said and I stand by it. I'll leave the fine people on here to judge from exactly what I said whether or not it's a personal attack. Rather than something Ollie has paraphrased.

NB. when have I ever 'defended Steve Evans' for what he said? I merely said it was foolish, rather than malicious.

When did I suggest you launched a personal attack? I said you and Josh suggested we had better chances of promotion now in reaction to this news. As I said before there's a time and a place to question Deane's talent and for me a reply to news of a potentially career threatening injury isn't the place.

There was far far worse on there again as I have already said.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Again, if you were with the players, and you said 'I think our promotion chances have improved', do you think you'd get our with your testicle intact.

Same applies why say such a thing?

Saying that, it was nowhere near the scale of some of the crap I've seen.

Internet cowardice isn't clever though is it?

When I speak to people about Pasoti, which is rarely I must admit, many people say 'Can't be doing with that, too many prats/morons/whancors (delete as appropriate). They don't really mean the site, they really mean the internet.

My opinion is that he's not very good. And it wasn't really a reply because I didn't tag @Only1Argyle in the tweet.

The OMG YOU WOULDN'T SAY THAT TO HIS FACE WOULD YOU point that comes out every time someone is criticised, is childish and really really boring. I probably wouldn't say to Andy Kellett's face that I think he could improve defensively, I probably wouldn't to Lee Cox's face that he's a class act with good composure on the field. It would be weird. Football message boards and social networking sites are forums in which opinions are discussed - it's different to actually having a conversation with someone.

C

Connor Clarke

I think PASOTI should be closed down and replaced by a weekly coffee meeting at Home Park with players/staff/James Brent etc in attendance so everyone can say everything to each other's faces :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Completely different.

You could sit down with other blokes and debate that, and it would be a debate.

You sit down with the same men and say 'An ACL injury will allow better players on the pitch' and see where that takes you.

It's alright to be 'clever' and 'hard' behind the keyboard, but it's a different thing when in real life.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
So some of the least important people at the club rate themselves as real good. And some of the people who fund their wage are bad.

And if unfortunate enough to meet the young adult simpletons (only through an education-lite upbringing no doubt) who are the playing staff were to hear me say this collection of internet letters, they'd 'do me over'. And they'd be in the right. Yeah right.