Captain's gesture (Smalley) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captain's gesture (Smalley)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You went? Hell, I can't imagine you at a football match. You never, ever talk about it.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":1yw339n8 said:
You went? Hell, I can't imagine you at a football match. You never, ever talk about it.

It's the kind of guy I am Ian. I holiday fairly regularly. Got a pretty nice beamer too.

Unlike some others, I've no desire or need to broadcast it.

G

Greenskin

The Grumpy Loyal":3a6tl8ra said:
Is this for real? An Argyle coach has written an article in the programme, and the captain has come out with Smalleys shirt, because of one persons comment on a fans forum? Seriously?

To be fair, Harbin didn't specify Steve Evans or PASOTI, he referred to social media outlets in general-may have been twitter, facebook or whatever. And to be fair to Steve Evans [which admittedly is very difficult] I don't think he expressed pleasure at Smalley's injury, rather that he was swinging the lead, exactly the same poo in fact as he propagated when Wright Phillips sustained similar damage a few years back. Lets hope Deane Smalley makes a similar recovery and goes on to have some of the same success that BWP did.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Greenskin":fsygsf30 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":fsygsf30 said:
Is this for real? An Argyle coach has written an article in the programme, and the captain has come out with Smalleys shirt, because of one persons comment on a fans forum? Seriously?

To be fair, Harbin didn't specify Steve Evans or PASOTI, he referred to social media outlets in general-may have been twitter, facebook or whatever. And to be fair to Steve Evans [which admittedly is very difficult] I don't think he expressed pleasure at Smalley's injury, rather that he was swinging the lead, exactly the same poo in fact as he propagated when Wright Phillips sustained similar damage a few years back. Lets hope Deane Smalley makes a similar recovery and goes on to have some of the same success that BWP did.

Cheers, I wasn't aware of anything that had been said regarding Smalley. Were there people seriously delighting in a players injury?. Bizarre.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
Only a mug would think losing Smalley for the season is not a blow to Argyle. The man is a more than decent striker who given a proper run would undoubedly prove his value. We have our fair share of mugs. 'twas ever thus.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:clap:

Here's a couple of the snippets from John Harbin's piece.

I'd say he's got it bang on and well done to him for saying it.

Jun 8, 2014
I wish him a safe and speedy recovery, I could never wish this on anyone. Regardless of his opinion, and a very nice gesture from Reubs today.

Yet, without Deane in the squad we're hardly much worse, only the bench is a bit thinner. But I'm still not really convinced. Either way it doesn't look like it matters now and if he comes back better and stronger than ever then it'll be fine with me.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

So it would appear that there are more than one who's taken pleasure in Smalley being injured. To be honest, the club officially giving it airtime rather than treating it with the contempt it deserves, is the mistake, although it is a nice show of support from his teammates.

Harbins last sentence though can be interpreted as a wholely different subject. If he is talking about off the field matters and saying Argyle fans should never question or complain, he's obviously not been here long enough to understand what happened last time the fanbase stood by and never questioned or complained.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
B5VErg6CcAAAJXp.jpg

Photo courtesy of Marvin Morgan on Twitter. Admin.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
:facepalm: :facepalm:

I must check other threads before I post

etc. etc. etc.

L

lewjam14

Rob_GT4 said "He's been a waste of space/money since he got here and this only exacerbates the situation"
everyone's friend atm Steve Evans said "i agree rob.how did this injury happen.he hardly ever plays for crying out loud"
are you on about this comment?

ps get better soon smalley