Captain's gesture (Smalley) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captain's gesture (Smalley)

C

Cobi Budge.

At full time today, reuben brought out Smalley's shirt and held it up to the fans while the players were celebrating.

It really feels like there's a good team spirit at the moment, and this was a brilliant gesture from a man who certainly took to the captain's role :clap: :clap: :clap:

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
probably more to do with John Harbin's programme notes having (rightly) a real go at the (so-called) fans who were delighting in (a) Smalleys injury, and (b) anything that goes wrong at Argyle.

Good that there's a them and us mentality in the changing room - one or two on Pasoti should take a long hard look at themselves, though I guess they wont recognise what most of us can see?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Kevin Pedlar":3q1f9s6k said:
probably more to do with John Harbin's programme notes having (rightly) a real go at the (so-called) fans who were delighting in (a) Smalleys injury, and (b) anything that goes wrong at Argyle.

Good that there's a them and us mentality in the changing room - one or two on Pasoti should take a long hard look at themselves, though I guess they wont recognise what most of us can see?

To be fair (a) it was mainly Steve Evans on Pasoti who seemed delighted at Smalley's injury and (b) the posters on Pasoti are largely supportive of the club.

A nice touch today for Smalley.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":2j1o1bnc said:
Kevin Pedlar":2j1o1bnc said:

To be fair (a) it was mainly Steve Evans on Pasoti who seemed delighted at Smalley's injury and (b) the posters on Pasoti are largely supportive of the club.

That said, I bet there will be far less traffic on PASOTI tonight than you see when we lose a game.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I noticed John Harbin mentioned our own supporters and Smalley's injury.

It seems that the management and players are right peed off at Steve Evans' comment.

I do hope that Steve has the bottle to apologise to the player face to face.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
kernow19":3i1jqn2i said:
PL2 3DQ":3i1jqn2i said:
Kevin Pedlar":3i1jqn2i said:

That said, I bet there will be far less traffic on PASOTI tonight than you see when we lose a game.
Always been like that though hasn't it?

Dec 20, 2011
IJN":12k1nug6 said:

It seems that the management and players are right pi$$ed off at Steve Evans' comment.

More chance pi$$ing against the wind in a snowstorm in the gobi desert.

Sep 20, 2003
IJN":3f93ewll said:

It seems that the management and players are right pi$$ed off at Steve Evans' comment.

face to face? Not a chance, it's not what cowards do.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Is this for real? An Argyle coach has written an article in the programme, and the captain has come out with Smalleys shirt, because of one persons comment on a fans forum? Seriously?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":1dld8bql said:

How would he decide which one to use? :think:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Grumpy Loyal":10frh5ji said:
Is this for real? An Argyle coach has written an article in the programme, and the captain has come out with Smalleys shirt, because of one persons comment on a fans forum? Seriously?

Did you not go?

Didn't you see the shirt?

Didn't you read the programme?

:funny:

T

The Grumpy Loyal

IJN":2gfbghe0 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2gfbghe0 said:

Did you not go?

Didn't you see the shirt?

Didn't you read the programme?

:funny:

1) Yes thanks.

2) Obviously not, or I wouldn't have asked the question.

3)I haven't read a programme since about 1996.