Captain's gesture (Smalley) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Captain's gesture (Smalley)

G

Greenskin

Balham_Green":a1gv0sem said:
Womble":a1gv0sem said:
Critisism of Paven and Manamead Green for having an opinion on the ability of one of our players is ridiculous. Some people love stirring the pot.

Steve Evans needs to apologise tho, sure tho comment wasnt meant to be as nasty as it came out as, but has obviously upset some of the players..

Really. The idiotic comments of just one moron? Must be more to it than that.

There was.

https://twitter.com/only1argyle/status/ ... 5872591872

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Lots of people closely linked to the club with some embarrassing comments there, nice of the players to bite back for a change.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
MannameadGreen":6d4b0cir said:
I said on twitter:

I wouldn't wish it (a bad injury) on anyone but in solely football terms then it gives a chance to better players like Harvey and Morgan.

I'm not ashamed of what I said and I stand by it. I'll leave the fine people on here to judge from exactly what I said whether or not it's a personal attack. Rather than something Ollie has paraphrased.

NB. when have I ever 'defended Steve Evans' for what he said? I merely said it was foolish, rather than malicious.

You also tweeted this....

Stan @pafc_sb97 · Dec 9

Get well soon, Deane. Just don't get well while you're still an Argyle player, though.

https://twitter.com/pafc_sb97

John Harbin has got it right.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The veiled threats from the club staff seem pretty cowardly also.
Remarks on the Internet and phone calls or meetings are completely different communication forums. Though one can understand why footballers would be way less comfortable attempting written discussion

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gary_Wills":228oktoz said:
The veiled threats from the club staff seem pretty cowardly also.
Remarks on the Internet and phone calls or meetings are completely different communication forums. Though one can understand why footballers would be way less comfortable attempting written discussion

What a very strange way of thinking.

Some low life takes the mick out of a man being injured with a potentially career threatening injury and you come out with that clap trap.

Have a word with yourself man.

You sanction such deeds (keyboard cowardice) and now you generalise and say all footballers are dim.

Another 'white ant'.

C

Connor Clarke

Talk about a mountain out of a molehill, oh dear. Unsurprising though! :roll:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's not though is it?

You and your geeky crew, give it large, and now JH has raised it, you and your chummies get all defensive.

What do you honestly expect, players to laugh with you?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Paven":1jd7yn83 said:
Connor Clarke":1jd7yn83 said:

We can't all be super fans, Connor.

:facepalm:

Suggest you think about your stance young man.

If a superman is someone who doesn't think it funny to laugh at one of our team being injured, then you are outnumbered by 1000's of us.

I'd also suggest you be very careful of what you say as you are an AFT Board member.

Not the cleverest way of going about things Josh.

C

Connor Clarke

IJN":34sbqj0p said:
It's not though is it?

You and your geeky crew, give it large, and now JH has raised it, you and your chummies get all defensive.

What do you honestly expect, players to laugh with you?

It is though, isn't it?

Geeky crew? I don't have a crew, nor am I a geek, but nice to resort to name-calling.

And I'm not sure why the players would want a laugh with me, I don't try and get matey with them nor have I said anything nasty about Smalley's injury.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Connor Clarke":eb5eg8h2 said:

But a big enough anthill for the club/Harbin to mention it in the matchday programme and for the players to show their support for Smalley.