Brief Synopsis | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Feb 8, 2005
gariboldi":2ln2adu7 said:
Well I'm already resigned to this season being more about survival rather than striving for the Championship.

Well done, perhaps a few more people ought to be a bit more realistic with their expectations as well.

May 1, 2011
jimsing":9eboprfh said:
gariboldi":9eboprfh said:
Well I'm already resigned to this season being more about survival rather than striving for the Championship.

Well done, perhaps a few more people ought to be a bit more realistic with their expectations as well.

What a negative attitude. We are in League 1 playing the like of Bury, we aren't in La Liga. We should be comfortable mid table this season.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
Bristol Rich":fhblfybg said:
jimsing":fhblfybg said:
gariboldi":fhblfybg said:

What a negative attitude. We are in League 1 playing the like of Bury, we aren't in La Liga. We should be comfortable mid table this season.
i think we will at least be mid-table bristol rich.we have a good management team and hopefully key players returning soon.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
After our recent run of results a 0-0 away is good result, last season DA was the best thing since slice bread wth some people now he "does not know what he is doing/ change or go" let's wait until the manager has his full squad to pick from and then make a judgement.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Bristol Rich":1f1o4c0v said:
jimsing":1f1o4c0v said:
gariboldi":1f1o4c0v said:

Not really, it's been a long hard journey back. Some people need to manage their expectations a little otherwise they'll always end up disappointed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Leigh Rapson":190o46hd said:
Interesting Postey that you say sonny was back to his best without Edwards beside him. I’m wandering if they cancel each other out a bit.

I think there were a few factors in what I thought was Bradley’s best game of the season.
He and Songo'o played regularly together last season and Songo'o has a bit more pace than Edwards and is able to cover Bradley better.

Bradley was up against a big striker which is a battle he thrives on, you could see his determination to win the balls, he tends to struggle against the smaller more mobile strikers which he played against in some games this season.
I can't remember off hand but I would bet Bradley played against more bigger strikers than smaller faster strikers in League Two last season.

Edwards is a very good centre-back but is he the right partner for Bradley?

Jan 30, 2017
PL2 3DQ":t7h17ajr said:
Leigh Rapson":t7h17ajr said:
Interesting Postey that you say sonny was back to his best without Edwards beside him. I’m wandering if they cancel each other out a bit.

I think there were a few factors in what I thought was Bradley’s best game of the season.
He and Songo'o played regularly together last season and Songo'o has a bit more pace than Edwards and is able to cover Bradley better.

Bradley was up against a big striker which is a battle he thrives on, you could see his determination to win the balls, he tends to struggle against the smaller more mobile strikers which he played against in some games this season.
I can't remember off hand but I would bet Bradley played against more bigger strikers than smaller faster strikers in League Two last season.

Edwards is a very good centre-back but is he the right partner for Bradley?

Good synopsis.

I may be in the minority, here, but I personally feel, on what I've seen of them this season, that if you can only pick one, I'd pick Edwards.

*reaches for tin hat*

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":3iqrtxc9 said:
jimsing":3iqrtxc9 said:
gariboldi":3iqrtxc9 said:

Comfortable mid-table in League 1 last season was 60 points so to get to that level we're already looking at requiring 1.45 points per game over the rest of the season.

The final relegation spot was 49 points so to get to that level requires more than 1 point per game over the rest of the season.

Too early to panic but it's not unreasonable to be a little concerned.

Feb 17, 2017
I actually thought songo had a very good game yesterday, always leaves everything on the pitch and puts in 100%. In just the 2 minute highlights you can see how many times he got in important touches. Bradley and songo seem a good pairing

Apr 5, 2008
jimsing":5565x9cp said:
gariboldi":5565x9cp said:

So the expectations of Argyle fans is to be happy if we survive in league one now :facepalm:

Just shows you how far we have fallen if fans are happy with that.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
moles40":1jjt40hw said:
jimsing":1jjt40hw said:
gariboldi":1jjt40hw said:

So the expectations of Argyle fans is to be happy if we survive in league one now :facepalm:

So what are your expectations then?

if we are in a relegation battle year after year then your point may be valid, but the first year back survival is a realistic goal.

May 1, 2011
monkeywrench":1ztx1p5p said:
Bristol Rich":1ztx1p5p said:
jimsing":1ztx1p5p said:
gariboldi":1ztx1p5p said:

Not really, it's been a long hard journey back. Some people need to manage their expectations a little otherwise they'll always end up disappointed.

Tell that recently non league Bristol Rovers. Survival and nothing else is a really pathetic ambition.

May 1, 2011
GreenThing":1kech35s said:
moles40":1kech35s said:
jimsing":1kech35s said:
gariboldi":1kech35s said:

if we are in a relegation battle year after year then your point may be valid, but the first year back survival is a realistic goal.

Ridiculous statement.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":1idikub4 said:
GreenThing":1idikub4 said:
moles40":1idikub4 said:
jimsing":1idikub4 said:
gariboldi":1idikub4 said:

Ridiculous statement.

Why is it ridiculous?

May 1, 2011
GreenThing":2l4upiqy said:
Bristol Rich":2l4upiqy said:
GreenThing":2l4upiqy said:
moles40":2l4upiqy said:
jimsing":2l4upiqy said:
gariboldi":2l4upiqy said:

Ridiculous statement.

Why is it rediculous?

This obsession with survival like that would be a great achievement. We are supposed to be a club with momentum on the way up with an ambitious manager. We should be comfortable mid table like Rovers last year. They haven't spent millions contrary to popular belief and they fell further than we did, the difference is they don't keep banging about it and making excuses.