Brief Synopsis | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
That's a ridiculous comment. We have had far worse and many of them over the years.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Edwards back next game, Carey the week after. Threlkeld on the mend and Taylor to come back hopefully pre-Xmas. Those 4 will make a huge difference. Depth of squad is a concern but I think the 'first 11' will be competitive in this league.

May 1, 2011
jerryatricjanner":rtsroowy said:
Bristol Rich":rtsroowy said:
jimsing":rtsroowy said:
moles40":rtsroowy said:
I was hoping that Argyle might challenge for a play off position ,even it is our first season back.Other teams that have been promoted before have gone on to make the playoffs or even promotion,so why is ok for Argyle fans to be content if we just survive in this league.

We are one of the biggest supported teams in league one so surely expecting a bit more than just survival isn't too much to ask.

The aim of the football club should be commensurate with their current position.

At the start of the season we had just been promoted, we didn't have any knowledge of the quality of the league, other than the cup matches played last season, and the manager openly talked about his aim as being survival in the division.

At the moment we are in the relegation zone, even though it is early days, and it shows how poorly we have reacted to promotion to a higher league. Confidence is slowly evaporating, and our aim must be to avoid relegation at all costs.

If/when we get out of the relegation places our aim must be to remain out of the relation places.

If we find ourselves climbing the table, so our aim will be to improve our position accordingly.

But to seriously aim for the play-offs when we are next to bottom in the league shows such an arrogant disregard of all things football, that one might even think that the portrayer knew nothing about the game at all, that he was flippant with his remarks and that he was on a wind up of infinite proportions.

We didn't have any knowledge of the league? We went up 1 league and you make it sound like we been parachuted into La Liga. You have a negative boring attitude which is partly why as a club we are serial underachievers. The opening poster was talking about his pre-season hopes you fool.
No need really for the rude ending to your post Rich but you got there before I did with your opening response. To think the management and staff of our club had no knowledge of the standard of the league above is quite frankly laughable.

I think if people are rude enough to brand other posters as arrogant when they show a bit of pre season optimism then yes that is the behaviour of a fool.

May 1, 2011
jimsing":226w5ql6 said:
jerryatricjanner":226w5ql6 said:
Bristol Rich":226w5ql6 said:
jimsing":226w5ql6 said:
moles40":226w5ql6 said:
I was hoping that Argyle might challenge for a play off position ,even it is our first season back.Other teams that have been promoted before have gone on to make the playoffs or even promotion,so why is ok for Argyle fans to be content if we just survive in this league.

We are one of the biggest supported teams in league one so surely expecting a bit more than just survival isn't too much to ask.

The aim of the football club should be commensurate with their current position.

At the start of the season we had just been promoted, we didn't have any knowledge of the quality of the league, other than the cup matches played last season, and the manager openly talked about his aim as being survival in the division.

At the moment we are in the relegation zone, even though it is early days, and it shows how poorly we have reacted to promotion to a higher league. Confidence is slowly evaporating, and our aim must be to avoid relegation at all costs.

If/when we get out of the relegation places our aim must be to remain out of the relation places.

If we find ourselves climbing the table, so our aim will be to improve our position accordingly.

But to seriously aim for the play-offs when we are next to bottom in the league shows such an arrogant disregard of all things football, that one might even think that the portrayer knew nothing about the game at all, that he was flippant with his remarks and that he was on a wind up of infinite proportions.

We didn't have any knowledge of the league? We went up 1 league and you make it sound like we been parachuted into La Liga. You have a negative boring attitude which is partly why as a club we are serial underachievers. The opening poster was talking about his pre-season hopes you fool.
No need really for the rude ending to your post Rich but you got there before I did with your opening response. To think the management and staff of our club had no knowledge of the standard of the league above is quite frankly laughable.

The managers aim of survival gave us a hint of what the management thought of our chances in this division, but I was talking more about the players view of the league, especially those that had never played in the division before!

Just what league have we joined here? Are we in the Premiership all of a sudden?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Bristol Rich":162kd79l said:
jimsing":162kd79l said:
jerryatricjanner":162kd79l said:
Bristol Rich":162kd79l said:
jimsing":162kd79l said:
moles40":162kd79l said:

The managers aim of survival gave us a hint of what the management thought of our chances in this division, but I was talking more about the players view of the league, especially those that had never played in the division before!

Just what league have we joined here? Are we in the Premiership all of a sudden?
You have made your point - twice if not three times. I think he made an honest attempt to explain more fully what he meant.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":2rfeitwn said:
Balham_Green":2rfeitwn said:
Neilz5419":2rfeitwn said:
Our summer signings that featured today did not come across well, lamerias, ainsworth and grant do not look good at this level and shouldn't be starters IMO. Likewise fletcher, very poor in the half hour he had, makes you realise how much ciftci does in getting us forward and making the ball stick shouldn't be near the first team.

A big ask expecting a young lad like Fletcher to play on his own up front. I do wonder about DA sometimes.

I do hate it when the opposition mark, tackle and compete against our young lads as if they are all grown blokes playing competitive professional football.

Why can't they leave Fletcher alone, stand off him a bit and let him express himself?

What?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":fq00xbcq said:
Knibbsworth":fq00xbcq said:
Balham_Green":fq00xbcq said:
Neilz5419":fq00xbcq said:
Our summer signings that featured today did not come across well, lamerias, ainsworth and grant do not look good at this level and shouldn't be starters IMO. Likewise fletcher, very poor in the half hour he had, makes you realise how much ciftci does in getting us forward and making the ball stick shouldn't be near the first team.

A big ask expecting a young lad like Fletcher to play on his own up front. I do wonder about DA sometimes.

I do hate it when the opposition mark, tackle and compete against our young lads as if they are all grown blokes playing competitive professional football.

Why can't they leave Fletcher alone, stand off him a bit and let him express himself?

What?

Sarcasm I suppose

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":37xz1ynr said:
Balham_Green":37xz1ynr said:
Knibbsworth":37xz1ynr said:
Balham_Green":37xz1ynr said:
Neilz5419":37xz1ynr said:

What?

Sarcasm I suppose

Indeed but it doesn't make sense even as sarcasm.

May 1, 2011
memory man":2g2h1o6g said:
Bristol Rich":2g2h1o6g said:
j[quote="jerryatricjanner":2g2h1o6g said:
Bristol Rich":2g2h1o6g said:
jimsing":2g2h1o6g said:
moles40":2g2h1o6g said:

You have made your point - twice if not three times. I think he made an honest attempt to explain more fully what he meant.[/quote]

Well let's stop obsessing here that have made some massively high jump and we are struggling to stay in our depth.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
crownhillpilgrim":28iey8vn said:
plymouth1970":28iey8vn said:
MILLER - the worst player ever to wear an Argyle shirt.

Let me introduce you to Nick Chadwick...

Chadwick (and Miller for that matter) aren't even close to being the worst player to ever wear an Argyle shirt ...

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
warney":1b9gm2j7 said:
crownhillpilgrim":1b9gm2j7 said:
plymouth1970":1b9gm2j7 said:
MILLER - the worst player ever to wear an Argyle shirt.

Let me introduce you to Nick Chadwick...

Chadwick (and Miller for that matter) aren't even close to being the worst player to ever wear an Argyle shirt ...

I've been watching Argo for 53+ years. If Miller and Chadwick are the worst players that you've had to watch 'perform' then you are very, very lucky ... believe me!! :shock:
:lol:

Apr 5, 2008
jimsing":1756jj5j said:
moles40":1756jj5j said:

So if any Argyle supporter at the start of the season that was hoping their team might be able to make the play offs,they are according to you ,know nothing about the game ,are flippant ,and are on the wind up :lol:

Kindly do one,and maybe quit whatever you are smoking,it's obviously making you very stressed in your life regarding Argyle :sad: