Brief Synopsis | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I'm not saying that survival would be a great achievement, but it has to be the aim for a team and manager swimming in new waters. Survive this year and build next, what's wrong with that?

May 1, 2011
GreenThing":2bay2tx9 said:
I'm not saying that survival would be a great achievement, but it has to be the aim for a team and manager swimming in new waters.

It shouldn't be the aim. The aim should be comfortable mid table, if survival and I say if as it's still early this season becomes only about survival than we are not progressing.

Apr 5, 2008
I was hoping that Argyle might challenge for a play off position ,even it is our first season back.Other teams that have been promoted before have gone on to make the playoffs or even promotion,so why is ok for Argyle fans to be content if we just survive in this league.

We are one of the biggest supported teams in league one so surely expecting a bit more than just survival isn't too much to ask.

Sep 25, 2010
Wasn't there yesterday, so how much did we resort to the dark arts of time wasting yesterday , for the last part of the match.

Feb 8, 2005
moles40":bsc2h9n8 said:
I was hoping that Argyle might challenge for a play off position ,even it is our first season back.Other teams that have been promoted before have gone on to make the playoffs or even promotion,so why is ok for Argyle fans to be content if we just survive in this league.

We are one of the biggest supported teams in league one so surely expecting a bit more than just survival isn't too much to ask.

The aim of the football club should be commensurate with their current position.

At the start of the season we had just been promoted, we didn't have any knowledge of the quality of the league, other than the cup matches played last season, and the manager openly talked about his aim as being survival in the division.

At the moment we are in the relegation zone, even though it is early days, and it shows how poorly we have reacted to promotion to a higher league. Confidence is slowly evaporating, and our aim must be to avoid relegation at all costs.

If/when we get out of the relegation places our aim must be to remain out of the relation places.

If we find ourselves climbing the table, so our aim will be to improve our position accordingly.

But to seriously aim for the play-offs when we are next to bottom in the league shows such an arrogant disregard of all things football, that one might even think that the portrayer knew nothing about the game at all, that he was flippant with his remarks and that he was on a wind up of infinite proportions.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Martyn":2gpmhv1p said:
Wasn't there yesterday, so how much did we resort to the dark arts of time wasting yesterday , for the last part of the match.

From what I saw late in the game was McCormick taking his time with goal kicks after he was injured which is understandable although the Bury manager complained to the ref.
I thought Miller was slow to collect the ball for a throw in late in the game but that was about it.
The players about to be subbed didn't walk to the far side of the pitch, no Argyle player fell down with a 'head injury' when Bury had momentum and there was a general theme to get on with it.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
just seen the highlights.wow,how did there number 29 miss the chance that hit the post?
i see "lionel" nessi had a good shot and so did ciftci.

May 1, 2011
jimsing":xe94hsq4 said:
moles40":xe94hsq4 said:

The aim of the football club should be commensurate with their current position.

At the start of the season we had just been promoted, we didn't have any knowledge of the quality of the league, other than the cup matches played last season, and the manager openly talked about his aim as being survival in the division.

At the moment we are in the relegation zone, even though it is early days, and it shows how poorly we have reacted to promotion to a higher league. Confidence is slowly evaporating, and our aim must be to avoid relegation at all costs.

If/when we get out of the relegation places our aim must be to remain out of the relation places.

If we find ourselves climbing the table, so our aim will be to improve our position accordingly.

But to seriously aim for the play-offs when we are next to bottom in the league shows such an arrogant disregard of all things football, that one might even think that the portrayer knew nothing about the game at all, that he was flippant with his remarks and that he was on a wind up of infinite proportions.

We didn't have any knowledge of the league? We went up 1 league and you make it sound like we been parachuted into La Liga. You have a negative boring attitude which is partly why as a club we are serial underachievers. The opening poster was talking about his pre-season hopes you fool.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Bristol Rich":2sz9wxhl said:
jimsing":2sz9wxhl said:
moles40":2sz9wxhl said:

We didn't have any knowledge of the league? We went up 1 league and you make it sound like we been parachuted into La Liga. You have a negative boring attitude which is partly why as a club we are serial underachievers. The opening poster was talking about his pre-season hopes you fool.
No need really for the rude ending to your post Rich but you got there before I did with your opening response. To think the management and staff of our club had no knowledge of the standard of the league above is quite frankly laughable.

Feb 8, 2005
jerryatricjanner":35qyfzv6 said:
Bristol Rich":35qyfzv6 said:
jimsing":35qyfzv6 said:
moles40":35qyfzv6 said:

No need really for the rude ending to your post Rich but you got there before I did with your opening response. To think the management and staff of our club had no knowledge of the standard of the league above is quite frankly laughable.

The managers aim of survival gave us a hint of what the management thought of our chances in this division, but I was talking more about the players view of the league, especially those that had never played in the division before!

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Wouldn't his stated aim of survival be playing down our chances though Jimsing so that if we finished top half he could claim to have over achieved? I wouldn't take too literally what any football manager said myself. I always felt mid table was going to be the best we would probably manage with the additions made in the summer but it has been a worrying start though still early days.

Feb 8, 2005
You're probably right Jerry, but he also didn't want to increase the expectations of the fanbase. I'm afraid some supporters ignored him and this is why we get unwarranted comments that amount to their belief that overachieving should be the norm.

I too would have been happy with a mid-table finish at the start of the season, but I've lowered my expectations somewhat, but still believe we have enough about us to avoid a relegation fight (I hope). At least it will make some games more exciting because of our position in the league. Mid table security is so banal!!!