Home kit revealed | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home kit revealed

Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes

Votes: 121 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 118 41.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 15.2%

• Total voters
Feb 2, 2007
Decided now, rarely buy home kits as I have "two clubs" and it would get costly and I need to feed the kids, sometimes at least.

Anyway, I do like a bargain, and often suspend judgement and morals to get one, and if kits get reduced to a tenner I occasionally relent, which I las did in around 2004, previous Ginsters shirt, which was very similar to last season's.

Anyway, you don't want a full breakdown of my shopping habits and quite often irrational thought processes. I wouldn't buy this one.

In brighter news it looks like we've identified the Loch Ness "Monster".

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":2uk7kriy said:
Usually I'm not a fan until after I've see them in the flesh but honestly, I like it. I'm pleased to see the return of white shorts/socks as I wasn't a fan of the all green of last year. Personally I think it would look just as good if not better without the tire track strip, that said without it the design would arguably look more like a training kit design than a match-day strip.

It will also be interesting to see what the away kit looks like, last year proved that if you listen to the fans they will go out and buy the kit in their numbers. As fans have been consulted on this year's kit hopefully it lives up to the last and sales follow suit.
Pretty much how I see it although I don't care much for the red logo. We were spoilt with the away kit last year. When were the fans consulted on this years kit? I thought that was last season.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No, it was last season for this season as well, if that makes sense.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
According to the PASOTI poll 48% do not like it (37% don't like it and 11% undecided)

Plymouth Argyle FC

@Only1Argyle
General reaction to the home kit is positive.

Aug 5, 2016
AdelaideGreen":3o25l4b8 said:
arrythewurzel":3o25l4b8 said:
Hoping that the photo isn't doing it justice. Going to reserve judgment until I see it in the flesh. I agree a white sponsors badge would make a difference. The frustrating thing is that a google search of Green Puma Kit reveals some stunning designs. Perhaps those photos flatter. Oh well.

It seems simple. A lighter green would be attractive to most Argyle fans. Why pi$$ them off.

I don't know ANYBODY wedded to the dark green - and where did that come fron anyway?

Is there a weird tax on PROPER GREEN dye??

How did the dark green ever come to be?

Who says you speak for most Argyle fans on prefering a lighter green?

Oct 31, 2015
Love tge new kit. A break from tradition.

Get over the red blob people. They are our sponsor so live with it!!!!
Cant be as bad as sheff wed running aroind with chuba lollipops on their shirts a few years sgo.

I dont give two hoots about the shade of green. We have had so many shades in my time it makes no difference as long as its green.

Well done PAFC and PUMA. I bought my first shirt for a few years last season because of the away shirt. I can see me getting this one as well

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":3dmucra4 said:
No, it was last season for this season as well, if that makes sense.
Makes sense but did anyone listen. :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've no idea Bob, but if I remember rightly the Plymouth Branch was not asked.

Aug 15, 2008
Don't matter. I cheered us on wearing tangergreen and also purple. I cheered us on wearing white and cheered us on when we had an abstract shirt with rotolok on.
One day we will have a shirt I may buy but until then COYG

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
So who makes the choice on what shade of Green on the Kit ?

Time for a change next season I say :thumbs:

However Great To See The New Home Shirt is Green and white with not much black

Should be better on Tuesday night Home games :scarf:

Sep 22, 2009
Not massively keen on the new kit, but I assume the club has a limited range of options within its arrangement with Puma.

One thing I never like to see on an Argyle kit is so much white. As an exiled fan of many years when I tell people I'm an Argyle fan it is usually met with mild indifference and followed by the question "Are they in league . . . 2?" . However what is often mentioned, even by fans of large clubs, is an awareness of two things: our unique name and that our kit is GREEN. The colour green is such a positive thing for the club in terms of its identity and appeal that I cant understand why we would want to limit its use on our kits.

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Knarf Reprah":1rlee25g said:
IJN":1rlee25g said:
pedro91":1rlee25g said:
The proof of the pudding will be in the actual number of shirts sold.....imho very few except for the couple who would buy it if it was poo coloured.....you know who they are......
Yes we do but musn't mention any names!!!!!

Spot on, last time I was suspended

For bullying probably.

You and Pedro seemed obsessed with the man.

Not very nice really, is it?

.? Not obsessed, just irritated by the constant sound bites .......I'm not the only one

There are bigger knobbers on here...in fact he's not a knobber (he may be in 'real life' but I don't know him and probably never will) just somebody with a bit of enthusiasm. God calm down, nobody is hurting anyone and if you can't handle him do the decent thing and don't read it. All this point scoring gets on my mammaries.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
I'm surprised to read tonight so many negative comments. My first thought this morning when i seen the kit, it's looks refreshed, I like the white stripe, something different. Nothing wrong with a bit extra white to make the players stand out. As for the sponsors badge, people need to get over it. The club earn good money for that. What sponsor would look good exactly?

I think it's a good effort anyway. You can't please everyone. Least of all Argyle fans.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
earl grey":2vuzf3vi said:
Knarf Reprah":2vuzf3vi said:
IJN":2vuzf3vi said:
pedro91":2vuzf3vi said:
The proof of the pudding will be in the actual number of shirts sold.....imho very few except for the couple who would buy it if it was poo coloured.....you know who they are......
Yes we do but musn't mention any names!!!!!

Spot on, last time I was suspended

For bullying probably.

You and Pedro seemed obsessed with the man.

Not very nice really, is it?

.? Not obsessed, just irritated by the constant sound bites .......I'm not the only one

There are bigger knobbers on here...in fact he's not a knobber (he may be in 'real life' but I don't know him and probably never will) just somebody with a bit of enthusiasm. God calm down, nobody is hurting anyone and if you can't handle him do the decent thing and don't read it. All this point scoring gets on my mammaries.
Well don't read it then!