Home kit revealed | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home kit revealed

Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes

Votes: 121 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 118 41.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 15.2%

• Total voters

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":3ijizc8l said:
Lundan Cabbie":3ijizc8l said:
X Isle":3ijizc8l said:
Then as I've always said, employ a manufacturer for whom a reorder from Argyle *IS* in their interests, a smaller more flexible company for whom the Argyle deal is a big deal, not a piffling inconvenience for which they impose three times the branding of their company on the garment than the actual customers.

The kit deal isn't primarily about the selling of replica shirts. It's about the club getting the best deal for all the kit that it uses itself. Hundreds of shirts, shorts, socks, training wear, travel wear, trackies and anthem jackets etc etc that the players and staff use for the business of playing football. Puma may be offering the club a far better deal in this respect than they can find elsewhere.
Again as I've pointed out before it can't be beyond the wit and experience of the chairman of a relatively successful clothing company to look through the Saltrock little black book of clothing manufacturers and find a couple of smaller and more local companies to provide the training and leisureware needs for the club shop.

The team shirt does NOT have to be intrinsically linked to all the other clothing sold by the club. I worry that it is simply a case of the 'too difficult' light coming on. A global megabrand does everything for you in one hit...but we pay for it, both literally in terms of mark up and prohibitive impositions on ordering, delivery and choice.

The time to try something else is long overdue, all it requires is a little bit of work and forward planning.

We don't know the details of the contract though. Imagine if the deal were to include that Puma gives the club ten full playing strips per season per player on the club's books. The very kits that they will be wearing on match days. In return the club must go along with all the ancillary requirements that Puma make. That would be a great operating saving and in the interests of the club to play along. I'm not saying that this is indeed the case but there could be similar reasons why Argyle are still in bed with them. It's not just about selling replica shirts in the club shop.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":dwlgyg5c said:
Lousy_Pint":dwlgyg5c said:
Agree about the logo X'y, no problem with that at all but, as you and many others have said, what is the point of that awful stripe? Yet another way of saying this kit belongs to Puma and not PAFC or the fans.
Don't agree with you about the away kit though!! Although, if I had my way, the home kit would be white allowing the away to be green (light). Prob solved!
Not sure when I've ever said the home kit should not be white. My stance on all things kit related is that we have just three colours in the Argyle swatch, green, black and white. However which way Argyle want to divi that up across the home or CHANGE kit (we don't have to a different kit away from home) is fine by me. White kit at home with green/black trim?, works for me.

Green, black or white Argyle would still need a change kit because somewhere along the line it would be needed. Even if it were green shirts they could go to an away game where the opposing 'keeper's 'home' strip is also green and therefore Argyle would in the first instance be obliged to change. Their 'keeper would only be required to change if both Argyle strips caused concerns.

Feb 8, 2005
Bernie Bernbaum":3recycs2 said:
Did you see Ken?":3recycs2 said:
Not massively keen on the new kit, but I assume the club has a limited range of options within its arrangement with Puma.

One thing I never like to see on an Argyle kit is so much white. As an exiled fan of many years when I tell people I'm an Argyle fan it is usually met with mild indifference and followed by the question "Are they in league . . . 2?" . However what is often mentioned, even by fans of large clubs, is an awareness of two things: our unique name and that our kit is GREEN. The colour green is such a positive thing for the club in terms of its identity and appeal that I cant understand why we would want to limit its use on our kits.

Totally agree with this. There is far too much white on this kit. Perhaps it's my age but I always thought we were green and black. Black shorts would have been ideal.

Green, black and white, Bernie, always has been and always will be.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I suppose we should be VERY thankful we didn't end up with something as truly ghastly as the current Germany away kit!! Very dark olive green and black. Jeeeezz!!! :facepalm: :thumbdown: :sick:

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
I quite like it. It's green, white and black and the white shorts and socks look good.
As for the Ginsters logo, people seriously need to get over it! This is a national company sponsor that put money into the club!
Ergo, they deserve a modicum of respect!
To be fair, the logo is fair better than some. Is this a 'red' thing ladies?

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
The tyre track down the shirt is unnecessary and the GInsters logo is horrible. Why couldn't they have had the same as the away kit?

They've tried to be 'individual' with the tyre track, but it looks like a tacky afterthought. Would have been happier with a simpler template like the Fleetwood one.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Hores Everywhere":37minnas said:
I think the kit will look better 'in the flesh', so to speak, compared to this photo-shopped piccy. especially the logo which looks disproportionate :think:
I popped in the shop this afternoon and both shirts and training kit are on display. Having seen them in the flesh the likeability factor has gone up a couple of notches.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Anyone else had problems trying to preorder this? Keeps coming up saying "Some of the products below do not have all the required options. Please edit them and configure all the required options." when I try

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
any idea when the goalie tops might be revealed? My son's keen to get one and it's his birthday next week...

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
IMHO, the strip design is good, but the green needs to "lighten up" a few shades.

The "red blob" is also an issue. It's a horrible plastic. If it is was part of the pattern, rather than an "iron on" transfer, it would be much better to wear - especially with global warming coming on!

Mar 29, 2017
Images of both strips in the flesh on page 10 of the away kit thread if anyone wants to see.

Added by Site Admin:-

IMG_5324.jpg

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Should have used the Ginsters logo from the away shirt on the home, get rid of the silly tyre track and it's nice. Other than that, not a fan of either.

But hey ho... GC10 will be wearing it and it's definitely green!!