Home kit revealed | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home kit revealed

Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes

Votes: 121 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 118 41.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 15.2%

• Total voters
Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
all the fashionistas on this website!!!

Outside of shades, fabrics, etc, my only comment is that from a functional perspective,the away shirt doesn't seem a stark enough contrast to the home kit. If we play anyone with a dark kit, would either be suitable?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Popped into the shop yesterday to buy some new gear, normally I'm like a kid in a sweet shop, yesterday I bought nothing although in the flesh the shirts look better the home shirt is spoilt by the red stuck on blob that was fraying at the edges, it looked like it was put on as an after thought, the club badge on both home and away shirt is a plastic type material, anyway saved I some money.

Jan 3, 2013
dunlop":1mv94qom said:
Popped into the shop yesterday to buy some new gear, normally I'm like a kid in a sweet shop, yesterday I bought nothing although in the flesh the shirts look better the home shirt is spoilt by the red stuck on blob that was fraying at the edges, it looked like it was put on as an after thought, the club badge on both home and away shirt is a plastic type material, anyway saved I some money.

Me too, cheap tacky tat........at the last SG meeting John Morgan was forcibly told about the standard of apparel.....bet he hasn't passed on the feelings to the board

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The training gear does seem to have the embroidered badge on and obviously no sponsoring. I'm tempted by the polo shirt, especially as you can wear it in daily life more often than the actual shirt.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Biggs":1vmg3823 said:
The training gear does seem to have the embroidered badge on and obviously no sponsoring. I'm tempted by the polo shirt, especially as you can wear it in daily life more often than the actual shirt.

The badge on the training top is the same plastic type as on the main shirt, I think it is the same on the polo but not 100% sure.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
On both product descriptions it says 'Traditional embroidered club crest'. Is that not the case?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Biggs":3k0pgn7y said:
On both product descriptions it says 'Traditional embroidered club crest'. Is that not the case?
Does it?

"On the front is a heat applied Plymouth Argyle Football Club Crest"

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argy1e":nzasp0pj said:
Biggs":nzasp0pj said:
Does it?

"On the front is a heat applied Plymouth Argyle Football Club Crest"

That's the replica shirt, the descriptions for both training shirts say the badge is embroidered.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Knarf Reprah":kek99nhi said:
dunlop":kek99nhi said:

Me too, cheap tacky tat........at the last SG meeting John Morgan was forcibly told about the standard of apparel.....bet he hasn't passed on the feelings to the board

Here's another chance to make views known.

https://twitter.com/JpmorganArgyle/stat ... 6766046208

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
GreenArmy1984":4d52n44i said:
Anyone seen Scunthorpe United New Away Kit

Green and Black with Proper Argyle Green colour

Made By FBT

Very smart with Black pinstripes :thumbs:
When was the last time we played in that shade of green? I'm not sure we've ever played in that shade of green

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I know I've said it before, so forgive me for rabbiting on but I really like the idea of a 'clean' kit. A nice simple design, one that doesn't have to be too 'busy'. There is a feeling that a new kit HAS to be different, but in my opinion this only harms the clubs identity. I know we've had countless conversations about the 'argyle green' and different shirt styles/designs, but just for fun here's another...

Below are the kits for Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool and Man City for the 2017/18 season. I think they look really, really nice. A clear cut design that is instantly recognisable as 'them'. We don't need stripes, or dots or tyre marks over our shirts!!

6gwh1l.jpg

2dtobvc.jpg

242aa2s.jpg

skyvbl.jpg

Jul 29, 2010
I'm with you on that one Adam, my all time favourite is the circa 2007(?) all green but for a small white strip on the back down the side of the numbers.

Keeping it simple however doesn't fit with the modern commercial necessity of sales. If it were simple every season no-one would buy a new one. I don't like chopping and changing but I do understand why it happens.