Home kit revealed | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home kit revealed

Do you like the new home kit?

• Yes

Votes: 121 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 118 41.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 15.2%

• Total voters
Jan 2, 2010
pedro91":3bnzwm5u said:
earl grey":3bnzwm5u said:
Knarf Reprah":3bnzwm5u said:
IJN":3bnzwm5u said:
Knarf Reprah":3bnzwm5u said:
pedro91":3bnzwm5u said:
Yes we do but musn't mention any names!!!!!

Spot on, last time I was suspended

For bullying probably.

You and Pedro seemed obsessed with the man.

Not very nice really, is it?

.? Not obsessed, just irritated by the constant sound bites .......I'm not the only one

There are bigger knobbers on here...in fact he's not a knobber (he may be in 'real life' but I don't know him and probably never will) just somebody with a bit of enthusiasm. God calm down, nobody is hurting anyone and if you can't handle him do the decent thing and don't read it. All this point scoring gets on my mammaries.
Well don't read it then!

Could apply that logic to you and your posts. If you don't like posts from someone excited by shirts...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I actually quite like the design, the issue I have is exactly the same one I've had in previous seasons, it's the tacky cheap sticker badge, not criticising Argyle as such because we aren't the only ones, more likely to be to do with the suppliers, but I wish we could go back to proper embroidered badges instead of something which pretty much just peels away in the rain.

Jul 29, 2010
CornishPaul":3ccxca3o said:
I'm surprised to read tonight so many negative comments. My first thought this morning when i seen the kit, it's looks refreshed, I like the white stripe, something different. Nothing wrong with a bit extra white to make the players stand out. As for the sponsors badge, people need to get over it. The club earn good money for that. What sponsor would look good exactly?

I think it's a good effort anyway.

**You can't please everyone. Least of all Argyle fans.**
So true that last bit :lol:

I too have no problem with the sponsors logo. I think they're a good fit as club sponsor, too many cloud their view because of the colour red and they don't make as good a pasty as their Mum's did. Of course they don't they're mass market, nationally. Because of that have the bucks to pay us money to put that logo there, money their Mum's pasty never made.

That's basically why I have no issue with their logo but rile against the manufacturer's branding. Ginsters pay us for theirs, but we pay Puma for theirs, WTF? For the last few seasons we have had THREE Puma logos on the shirt (we probably have this season, the images don't show the sleeves fully), added this year is the cross product Puma 'spot' branding too.

Is it an Argyle shirt or a Puma shirt with an Argyle badge ironed on as an afterthought.Their logos are the only ones integral to the fabric, ours and Ginsters, the ones who are paying or assisting in paying for the shirt are not.

That is a truly f**ked up customer/provider relationship in my book.

Aug 10, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":haxc8daj said:
Knarf Reprah":haxc8daj said:
The proof of the pudding will be in the actual number of shirts sold.....imho very few except for the couple who would buy it if it was poo coloured.....you know who they are......

The club have a real poser here in what sort of numbers they order. They underestimated the popularity of last season's away shirt and missed out on many sales. It must be a gamble and it wont be easy to predict the sort of numbers they might be able to sell without having excess stock come the end of the season. I wonder what sort of mark-up they get from Puma.
from my understanding of this silly association with puma it's not a case of how many argyle order but how many puma can be arsed to give argyle, the sooner they get rid of puma the sooner they can get a decent kit.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Agree about the logo X'y, no problem with that at all but, as you and many others have said, what is the point of that awful stripe? Yet another way of saying this kit belongs to Puma and not PAFC or the fans.
Don't agree with you about the away kit though!! Although, if I had my way, the home kit would be white allowing the away to be green (light). Prob solved!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
loyal1970":1nfuwo6y said:
Lundan Cabbie":1nfuwo6y said:
Knarf Reprah":1nfuwo6y said:
The proof of the pudding will be in the actual number of shirts sold.....imho very few except for the couple who would buy it if it was poo coloured.....you know who they are......

The club have a real poser here in what sort of numbers they order. They underestimated the popularity of last season's away shirt and missed out on many sales. It must be a gamble and it wont be easy to predict the sort of numbers they might be able to sell without having excess stock come the end of the season. I wonder what sort of mark-up they get from Puma.
from my understanding of this silly association with puma it's not a case of how many argyle order but how many puma can be arsed to give argyle, the sooner they get rid of puma the sooner they can get a decent kit.
:iagree:

Jul 29, 2010
Lousy_Pint":7qp0ly4p said:
Agree about the logo X'y, no problem with that at all but, as you and many others have said, what is the point of that awful stripe? Yet another way of saying this kit belongs to Puma and not PAFC or the fans.
Don't agree with you about the away kit though!! Although, if I had my way, the home kit would be white allowing the away to be green (light). Prob solved!
Not sure when I've ever said the home kit should not be white. My stance on all things kit related is that we have just three colours in the Argyle swatch, green, black and white. However which way Argyle want to divi that up across the home or CHANGE kit (we don't have to a different kit away from home) is fine by me. White kit at home with green/black trim?, works for me.

Jul 29, 2010
loyal1970":2ya14q8j said:
Lundan Cabbie":2ya14q8j said:
Knarf Reprah":2ya14q8j said:

I suspect now it is another three seasons, Argyle for some inexplicable reason have re-signed with Puma and the last deal was three years. It is suspicious (although perhaps telling in that they recognise fan discontent) that Argyle never announced they'd re-signed when they did so back in December.

Three more years of this 'slave' contract arrangement then, where the customers interests come second to the retailers. pee poor to knowingly and willingly enter into such deal again when your customers continually express dissatisfaction with the product* and the long waiting times for reorders.

Mind you, that's probably not going to be a problem next season as I can't see sales of this one being that high.

*last season's change kit being the exception, a seemingly tailored design to our specification. It can be done therefore but 50% of one seasons kit over what, a ten year association?, that is a poor record.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
loyal1970":2b45tg6p said:
Lundan Cabbie":2b45tg6p said:
Knarf Reprah":2b45tg6p said:

I'm sure Argyle can have as many as they ask for but they must confirm that number from the outset. If the club underestimate how many they can sell then it's not in Puma's interest to reopen a manufacturing run for a relatively small top up order for what is a bespoke shirt once the club logo is on it. When the initial production run is set up and is in operation they can turn out as many as the club may require. You can't expect Puma to hold a stock in some warehouse that Argyle may never place an order for.

Jul 29, 2010
Then as I've always said, employ a manufacturer for whom a reorder from Argyle *IS* in their interests, a smaller more flexible company for whom the Argyle deal is a big deal, not a piffling inconvenience for which they impose three times the branding of their company on the garment than the actual customers.

Feb 8, 2005
Cost, X-ey, will be the deciding factor, and profit margins more so.

The pound is the deciding factor in all this.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
X Isle":3asaghyg said:
Then as I've always said, employ a manufacturer for whom a reorder from Argyle *IS* in their interests, a smaller more flexible company for whom the Argyle deal is a big deal, not a piffling inconvenience for which they impose three times the branding of their company on the garment than the actual customers.
i know the south west rep for FBT. vernon would love to supply argyle with their kit and has been rebuffed more than once.moreover they are a company in torpoint.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
X Isle":280azffd said:

Who would be your ideal manufacturer, out of interest? I'd have Umbro, or perhaps Errea.

Your point about a smaller company handling the Argyle contract could well already be the case. Smaller UK based companies license the Puma brand and supply lower league clubs themselves. I think Argyle deal with Genesis (?).

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":pz4s1nrx said:

The kit deal isn't primarily about the selling of replica shirts. It's about the club getting the best deal for all the kit that it uses itself. Hundreds of shirts, shorts, socks, training wear, travel wear, trackies and anthem jackets etc etc that the players and staff use for the business of playing football. Puma may be offering the club a far better deal in this respect than they can find elsewhere.