Wind your necks in.... | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wind your necks in....

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
green_pants":2ut0yqub said:
Tony Flags, Im sorry but from that attitude In my opinion I cant call you a true supporter, I will NEVER stop going to MY club, through thick and thin.... your obviously entitled to your opinion but im sorry I cant agree with it, and I find it very frustrating.

Maybe I'm not a real fan. I have been to 99% of home games and 25% of away games in the last 15 years.

What I'm saying is that what each fan is willing to endure is being challenged.

If you are real fan and willing to watch this drivel then I accept you are a better fan than me (in your definition of a fan)

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
Who the f**k does anyone on here think they are telling others to wind their necks in???

Most on here are regular paying supporters and as such have a right to air their oppinions and in this case displeasure at what their hard earned money is being exchanged for.

I could have sworn I heard an interview with JB just before the season started where he stated that this club has a turnover and budget most clubs in both leagues 1 & 2 would envy. He also claimed the target for this season was to reach the play-offs. Therefor I would think we have the means to pay off the current manager and replace him with someone more experienced. Colin Lee - who is local & has a very good track record at this level - has wanted the Argyle job for a long time and to a point where he's offered to work for nothing in order to prove himself and earn a contract.

I would also think a new manager may even be able to use some of the current coaching staff as part of his backroom team and therefor reducing the amount of pay-offs. Either way I'm sure there will be a way to turn this situation around if the board really have the balls to. :furious:

Nov 11, 2006
IPA":25e5cuc4 said:
I could have sworn I heard an interview with JB just before the season started where he stated that this club has a turnover and budget most clubs in both leagues 1 & 2 would envy. He also claimed the target for this season was to reach the play-offs.

Not far off:

'a budget credible to seek promotion'
'sufficient to at least spar for promotion'
'a budget that at least gives us a reasonable chance of promotion'
'that was our definition of competitive'

On Fletcher: 'he's keeping a bit back so he can afford to add to the team in the event that he needs to'

link

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Cerbera":1rb8836r said:
Well said IPA.

Has anyone contacted Colin Lee? Must be a racing certainty to replace CF if he will work for nothing!

I believe that when Paul Sturrock was appointed as manager (first time) Dan MacCauley wasn't prepared to pay him anything like what he thought he was worth so Sturrock offered to work for much less on the condition that when he had proved that he was as good as he said he was his remuneration would go up.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PAFC+":2szkuadm said:
Mr Smith":2szkuadm said:
PAFC+":2szkuadm said:
Most of the debt is gone. We were a crippled club, but not anymore. We're relatively free of debt now. We have one the highest budgets in the league financed by one the highest average attendances in the league.

Since when? Please post links

I've posted elsewhere on it. The CVA cleared most of the debt. e.g. we owed Mastpoint about £2.1m, they've got their 4k under the agreement. Lombard debt was reduced from £2.1m to £700k, don't know if that's been paid off yet but it's still been massivley reduced. We were crippled by debt, hence adminstration, but the administration allowed us to survive by wiping most of the debt.

Do you think other clubs don't also have debts? We're not the only ones you know. I don't see how we are much different to most clubs in the league now, other than having higher income and hence a better budget.

Okay, assuming that the majority of debt has been paid, that means we start with a big fat Zero in the bank and no credit confidence. We cannot trade on what we will get through the gates until we know how many that will be. I seem to remember JB stating a short fall of £1 m was going to be covered. In effect our budget is the same outgoing wise as Exeter with JB topping up the operating costs.

We do still have the football creditors debt and however much you guys want to ignore it, it is there for another 4 years. That at some level is money we can't use on new players.

Another couple of myths: Jenkins went back, we won't see him again, Mad Joe was ill and Griffiths was injured, there is no Easter bunny or Santa Claus.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Cerbera":30l13mqd said:
Well said IPA.

Has anyone contacted Colin Lee? Must be a racing certainty to replace CF if he will work for nothing!
Isn't he working at Notts Co now ???? who, just after he joined, started doing well and indeed still are !!!. Coincidence ??????
Kevin Blackwell has turned Bury around in a few weeks with 4 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat in 6. If on the day he was appointed at Bury he had a chance to come here I reckon he would have. Just my thoughts though. The manager at Falmouth has just left - he could help Nance - same sort of level really.

Mad Joe was ill ??? Too ill for the 90 mins but OK for the bench ?? What if Chadwick had been injured in the 3rd minute??

Nov 11, 2006
Ade the green":2coootfo said:
PAFC+":2coootfo said:
Mr Smith":2coootfo said:
PAFC+":2coootfo said:
Most of the debt is gone. We were a crippled club, but not anymore. We're relatively free of debt now. We have one the highest budgets in the league financed by one the highest average attendances in the league.

I've posted elsewhere on it. The CVA cleared most of the debt. e.g. we owed Mastpoint about £2.1m, they've got their 4k under the agreement. Lombard debt was reduced from £2.1m to £700k, don't know if that's been paid off yet but it's still been massivley reduced. We were crippled by debt, hence adminstration, but the administration allowed us to survive by wiping most of the debt.

Do you think other clubs don't also have debts? We're not the only ones you know. I don't see how we are much different to most clubs in the league now, other than having higher income and hence a better budget.

Okay, assuming that the majority of debt has been paid, that means we start with a big fat Zero in the bank and no credit confidence. We cannot trade on what we will get through the gates until we know how many that will be. I seem to remember JB stating a short fall of £1 m was going to be covered. In effect our budget is the same outgoing wise as Exeter with JB topping up the operating costs.

We do still have the football creditors debt and however much you guys want to ignore it, it is there for another 4 years. That at some level is money we can't use on new players.

Another couple of myths: Jenkins went back, we won't see him again, Mad Joe was ill and Griffiths was injured, there is no Easter bunny or Santa Claus.

If we're to take Brent at his word, we have a budget that 'sufficient to at least spar for promotion'. That's despite whatever debt we have remaining. Fletcher, in his "wisdom" has also decided keep back a bit of the budget for later in the season in case he needs it.

I have no reason to doubt Brent and therefore it would seem that the debt should not be holding us back relative to most other clubs. Fletcher has the money he needs to fight for promotion, although he's decided not to spend all of it and in my opinion has failed to spend it wisely.

Feb 21, 2011
Ade the green":3uahfcdd said:
PAFC+":3uahfcdd said:
Mr Smith":3uahfcdd said:
PAFC+":3uahfcdd said:

Very well put Ade, I'm sure someone will be along directly to argue the easter bunnies existence. Personally am getting sick of the extreme vitriol being directed at a guy doing his best with a very young squad at times its like reading that other site which is generally where the crazies reside.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Could have put my comment in a whole heap of threads but this seems as good as any. :thumbup: Yes had a bit of fun with the auctions previously myself,but is no secret that we (FES) are now substantially involved with the club on a commercial basis. The investment is no small amount and I would not have made it without, and will continue to do so, confidence in the owner of the club. Obviously have met JB and the directors and they are totally dedicated to the success of the club.(AS A FOOTBALL TEAM ) I am a Plymouth born guy, a totally dedicated supporter, and spent last night on my knees praying for a win :lol: :lol: but guess the good lord decided that i haven't appeared at church as often as I should !! Seriously though please give the owner and the club the support I think is still justified. A campaign against the management now is no way going to help us going forward. :thumbup:

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
nikkk":1co4cp3w said:
Seriously though please give the owner and the club the support I think is still justified. A campaign against the management now is no way going to help us going forward. :thumbup:

The support that you think is justified. Interesting wording.

Can you give us some summary of what has made you have support in the management that the rest of us fail to see.

Jul 6, 2011
loopysheep":2u3qfpzg said:
One question nobody wants to ask or knows the answer to

Where is the money to sack Carl Fletcher going to come from?

Argyle do not have a pot to pi$$ in, we are skint, we cannot afford new managers, we cannot afford better players and we certainty cannot afford a 30 goal a season striker!

Did you think that exiting administration means we can flash the cash again?

We are a crippled club and we cannot buy our way out, what did any of you expect from this year?

Ignore our city size, catchment area, history... none of the that counts for jack! What we are is a broke football club who cannot afford to go sacking managers like Chelsea do!

Its not been a great run of results, BUT WE DID PLAY THE TOP 7!! Agree that the next two games are vital but who's going to want to manage a club where they can't bring in any players?

Carl Fletcher is not ruining the club, he's doing his upmost to do his best for it. Unfortunately we can't afford better.

Lay off the personal attacks, don't turn up if you don't want but WIND YOUR NECKS IN!

We are in a catch 22...

I now return you to normal transmissions

At last, somebody talking sense
But watch out INCOMING :shocked:

Jul 6, 2011
nikkk":un0j3e8h said:
Could have put my comment in a whole heap of threads but this seems as good as any. :thumbup: Yes had a bit of fun with the auctions previously myself,but is no secret that we (FES) are now substantially involved with the club on a commercial basis. The investment is no small amount and I would not have made it without, and will continue to do so, confidence in the owner of the club. Obviously have met JB and the directors and they are totally dedicated to the success of the club.(AS A FOOTBALL TEAM ) I am a Plymouth born guy, a totally dedicated supporter, and spent last night on my knees praying for a win :lol: :lol: but guess the good lord decided that i haven't appeared at church as often as I should !! Seriously though please give the owner and the club the support I think is still justified. A campaign against the management now is no way going to help us going forward. :thumbup:

That was at least 2 of us then :lol:

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Nikkk, whilst your financial input is no doubt very welcome, you are not an ordinary 'man on the street'. The welcome and platitudes afforded to you with an open cheque book are bound to be different to us. For some of us, paying for a ST at £400+ is a very serious consideration.

When making the decision to purchase said ST, a lot is considered. Decisions based on what we were told in the press from JB's own words, the promises made and the hope that now the club is out of administration, it will push forward and be the club we want it to be. Nobody is expecting a meteoric rise to the CCC over the next four years, but we want a club that has the infrastructure in place to at least challenge at the top end of this pitifully bad football league.

We know we have one of the best supported clubs - both at home and away - for L2, we know we have a squad of players that CAN compete at this level, we know we have a 'competitive budget' this season. What we don't see is the words from the closed season being put into practice. What we see is a very inexperienced coaching set up, led by a complete rookie manager who appear to have no idea how to formulate a game plan, a plan B or a settled side. In fact, the more I watch the more confused I am by the line up. It looks like the work of Nero, more and more. Consequently, some of us ST holders are feeling understandably somewhat 'short changed' on our purchases.

Sorry to harp on, I'm sure you know it's nothing personal, but to expect the fans of Argyle to blindly follow will not ever happen again. Look where that got us last time when we all 'trusted in Stapes'. We very nearly had no PAFC. Expect us to question, expect us to want the open-ness we were promised by this new owner and board.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Cerbera":2ek4mau4 said:
Nikkk, whilst your financial input is no doubt very welcome, you are not an ordinary 'man on the street'. The welcome and platitudes afforded to you with an open cheque book are bound to be different to us. For some of us, paying for a ST at £400+ is a very serious consideration.

When making the decision to purchase said ST, a lot is considered. Decisions based on what we were told in the press from JB's own words, the promises made and the hope that now the club is out of administration, it will push forward and be the club we want it to be. Nobody is expecting a meteoric rise to the CCC over the next four years, but we want a club that has the infrastructure in place to at least challenge at the top end of this pitifully bad football league.

We know we have one of the best supported clubs - both at home and away - for L2, we know we have a squad of players that CAN compete at this level, we know we have a 'competitive budget' this season. What we don't see is the words from the closed season being put into practice. What we see is a very inexperienced coaching set up, led by a complete rookie manager who appear to have no idea how to formulate a game plan, a plan B or a settled side. In fact, the more I watch the more confused I am by the line up. It looks like the work of Nero, more and more. Consequently, some of us ST holders are feeling understandably somewhat 'short changed' on our purchases.

Sorry to harp on, I'm sure you know it's nothing personal, but to expect the fans of Argyle to blindly follow will not ever happen again. Look where that got us last time when we all 'trusted in Stapes'. We very nearly had no PAFC. Expect us to question, expect us to want the open-ness we were promised by this new owner and board.

:iagree: