Wind your necks in.... | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wind your necks in....

Aug 19, 2009
Cerbera":28kskn84 said:
Okay, I'll entertain the troll for a moment.

1. We have a playing budget of circa £1.8 million for the season. Half the season is gone, so we have circa £900,000 left. This is still more than Exeter had for the entire season by £100,000. We can afford to sack the coaching team and pay them off from this budget and employ new coaching staff from it and still have a budget the envy of a lot of teams in this league.

2. Gate revenue and associated 'add on's' e.g shop revenue will fall if our on field performances are not more in line with the size of budget and to an extent the expectations of what we were told before the season started.

3. Carl Fletcher has had a full year outside of administration and a full pre-season to sort out his squad. he has singularly failed.

4. Dorchester Town are not in the the top 7 of League 2. They're not even top 7 of the league they are in, two below us.

5. I have paid out for my ST based on the sales pitch of the Chairman. I am entitled to turn up and vent my anger at the total drivel on the pitch and demand value for money. At the moment the standard of football on offer is not even as good as the BSS, admission for a BSS game is not £20 per person.

6. What makes you think we are a crippled club?

:iagree: This season has been woeful so far, which is down to the managers poor decision making on tactics and players.

These next statements are not aimed at you Cerbera more towards the OP.

That is what is pi$$ing a lot of people off as they haver paid for their season ticket up front and are subjected to the same amount of rubbish for 90 minutes week in and week out. This season is getting worse not better!

I don't care if we have played teams in the top ten in recent weeks, as we have played teams in the bottom ten also and still lost, which is due to the fact of no continuity from one week to the next in team selection or tactics (wait for the barrage of injury related team changes!!) We should be able to go out and compete against any team in this league with the current squad and obtain more points than what we have to date. fudge the 'luck' scenario that is used as a poor excuse week in week out, It is down to the manager to ensure that the performances are better to achieve results.

Times are hard, yes agreed!! but now is the time for change!!

Nov 11, 2006
Mr Smith":2l32i4w7 said:
PAFC+":2l32i4w7 said:
Most of the debt is gone. We were a crippled club, but not anymore. We're relatively free of debt now. We have one the highest budgets in the league financed by one the highest average attendances in the league.

Since when? Please post links

I've posted elsewhere on it. The CVA cleared most of the debt. e.g. we owed Mastpoint about £2.1m, they've got their 4k under the agreement. Lombard debt was reduced from £2.1m to £700k, don't know if that's been paid off yet but it's still been massivley reduced. We were crippled by debt, hence adminstration, but the administration allowed us to survive by wiping most of the debt.

Do you think other clubs don't also have debts? We're not the only ones you know. I don't see how we are much different to most clubs in the league now, other than having higher income and hence a better budget.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
green_pants":3h8k812k said:
Higher income and also higher outgoings!! this part is often forgotten

Yes, the outgoings part is our budget, which is higher than most teams. I am glad you get it now.

Nov 11, 2006
green_pants":i7e2hf4a said:

Person A has outgoings of £50 but income of £100.

Person B has outgoings of £30 but income £60.

Both have 50% of income remaining.

Person A has higher outgoings, but does that mean Person A doesnt have a higher budget remaining?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Green Pants.

I think you and I support the same club by name only. My worry is how long that continues. If these keeps up I ain't going no more, season ticket or not.

You may be right but you may be lonely at home park.

M

Mr Smith

PAFC+":17f2xa1q said:
Mr Smith":17f2xa1q said:
PAFC+":17f2xa1q said:
Most of the debt is gone. We were a crippled club, but not anymore. We're relatively free of debt now. We have one the highest budgets in the league financed by one the highest average attendances in the league.

I've posted elsewhere on it. The CVA cleared most of the debt. e.g. we owed Mastpoint about £2.1m, they've got their 4k under the agreement. Lombard debt was reduced from £2.1m to £700k, don't know if that's been paid off yet but it's still been massivley reduced. We were crippled by debt, hence adminstration, but the administration allowed us to survive by wiping most of the debt.

Do you think other clubs don't also have debts? We're not the only ones you know. I don't see how we are much different to most clubs in the league now, other than having higher income and hence a better budget.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've had a quick search of your past posts for the word debt and apart from this thread I can't see anything until 2011, could you provide the link?

As for other clubs I don't care what they do, after nearly being liquidated I'd rather we clear the debts before spending.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
green_pants":hl0ilpgq said:

Our wage bill has plumeted since last season, whilst our income hasn't dropped that much. You're defending the indefendible.

You are JB's mum & I claim my £5

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Cerbera":39100qmk said:
1. We have a playing budget of circa £1.8 million for the season. Half the season is gone, so we have circa £900,000 left. This is still more than Exeter had for the entire season by £100,000. We can afford to sack the coaching team and pay them off from this budget and employ new coaching staff from it and still have a budget the envy of a lot of teams in this league.

That's not right though surely. Most of the budget, whatever it is, will have been committed to pay the salaries of the contracted players over the full 12 month period. So, although we're only approaching half way through the season, most of the budget will have been committed (i.e. spent). Some, smaller, portion of the budget will presumably have been out aside for strengthening of the squad through the season (e.g. loan signings) and/or to cater form emergencies (e.g. injuries).

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
What a load of bollox! We cannot afford to KEEP fletcher! I am a season ticket holder and have been for 15 years. I have to travel down every game from Bristol. It has come to the point now where I couldn't care that i have already paid for the Season Ticket - it is not worth the time and effort to come down and be disappointed every week. I will now pick and choose which games i go to rather than blindly going to all of them.

And unless things change i have made up my mind that I will not be getting a season ticket next year. If the current situation is allowed to continue and what we are going to have to live with then so be it but I wont be attending as much as I used to.

If this is the way Brent wishes to run the club then fine. Just don't expect me or many others to be there week in week out.

Loopysheep - you are entitled to your opinion and if you are happy to accept the current state of affairs as a level that you are content with - that is fine. But it is not fine with me.

It costs me £70+ in fuel, tickets, lunch etc to attend a game. Personally i have reached the point where i know longer consider it worth it.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Mr Smith":11y93ml8 said:
PAFC+":11y93ml8 said:
Mr Smith":11y93ml8 said:
PAFC+":11y93ml8 said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've had a quick search of your past posts for the word debt and apart from this thread I can't see anything until 2011, could you provide the link?

As for other clubs I don't care what they do, after nearly being liquidated I'd rather we clear the debts before spending.

The debts have been cleared apart from footballing ones, which have a contracted 5 year payback. We are not crippled, mismanaged morelike. Look at other clubs above us in the league if you want to see what being financially crippled means.

How Dagenham & Redbridge survive on a budget
the team will go up by train on Saturday morning. "We're not laying on a coach at the other end. The manager says the players can walk as it will do them good to stretch their legs.
"Running the club, there's me, a secretary, a commercial manager and then two lads who are on work placements from Bournemouth university. "One of them is the ticket office and club shop and the other guy runs our website and writes the programme. "That's it. We run the whole place on three full-time staff and two students."

3 places above us, Average attendance 1,755

A good cup run & the FA Cup win woulda helped wouldn't it... :whistle:

P

pafcstafford

Peter Reid got the sack for poor results and we were in admin and nobody was being payer. Players were even going on strike.

Cf has it easy compared.

Nov 11, 2006
Mr Smith":1unfargb said:
PAFC+":1unfargb said:
Mr Smith":1unfargb said:
PAFC+":1unfargb said:

There's a good artcle here

According to that we have about £4m remaining, which will be repaid over 5 years. So of the £21m debt, £17m has gone, wiped by the CVA and other agreements.

Whether or not that is crippling, is a matter of opion. I wouldn't call it that. I'd say we have a managable debt, just like many other clubs, but with income higher than most, and a budget set by turnover in accordance with League rules that should be amongst the highest.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Tony Flags, Im sorry but from that attitude In my opinion I cant call you a true supporter, I will NEVER stop going to MY club, through thick and thin.... your obviously entitled to your opinion but im sorry I cant agree with it, and I find it very frustrating.