Wind your necks in.... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wind your necks in....

Mar 2, 2008
Cerbera":3u97eu9o said:
5. I have paid out for my ST based on the sales pitch of the Chairman. I am entitled to turn up and vent my anger at the total drivel on the pitch and demand value for money.

Bollocks.

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I think 'loopysheep' has had too much ''loopyjuice'' and then passed it to some of his mates. I trust that next season when the ''loopysheep'' brigade get off the train at Ebbsfleet (is their even a station there?) that they collectively look skywards and say ''.. things are improving guys''

Some comments coming out of the managers mouth are, frankly, amazing.

"The only thing people will look at is the results and that's the business we work in,"
AGREED and we havn't got the results!!

"The lads are working hard, we're not getting the rub of the green."
TWO shots on target in 90 mins = odds are you won't score

"Sometimes that happens in football and you just have to deal with it,"
AGREED and if by not dealing with it = BSP then you'd better deal with it bleedy quick AND it might help if your best players are on the pitch not the bench !!!

"The teams we've played recently are all in the top four and odds-on for promotion and play-offs,"
"We stood up and have been counted and the important thing is the lads themselves don't get too down about it.

STOOD UP and got 1 point from 12 and Burton / Dorchester ?? Perhaps the players SHOULD get down about it.

"Their reactions and the way they're just getting on with it, digging in …. it's a shame they're not getting anything out of it as a reward'' With 2 shots you probably won't.

"Some games you play and you don't play very well etc …... and win. Some you do really well, have a good performance .. and lose.SOME or ALL you can't keep a clean sheet and can't score so = defeat.

Who else has a coach who has played non-league (low level) for all but 4 games when he was a sub for a dodgy manager at Argyle. At the very very least replace him with a ''mentor coach'' - eat some humble. As for the debt etc - well Manure have a debt of over £300 mill and they are doing OK - I admit their crowds are a bit bigger than ours though :funny:

I'll support for life no matter what. :scarf: :scarf: just make me smile a bit - sometimes

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
Plympton Pong":1koczn5y said:
Cerbera":1koczn5y said:
5. I have paid out for my ST based on the sales pitch of the Chairman. I am entitled to turn up and vent my anger at the total drivel on the pitch and demand value for money.

Bollocks.
???????
If you bought a car and it was carp would you vent something ????

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
The Doctor":id3k6n4c said:
Cerbera":id3k6n4c said:
1. We have a playing budget of circa £1.8 million for the season. Half the season is gone, so we have circa £900,000 left. This is still more than Exeter had for the entire season by £100,000. We can afford to sack the coaching team and pay them off from this budget and employ new coaching staff from it and still have a budget the envy of a lot of teams in this league.

That's not right though surely. Most of the budget, whatever it is, will have been committed to pay the salaries of the contracted players over the full 12 month period. So, although we're only approaching half way through the season, most of the budget will have been committed (i.e. spent). Some, smaller, portion of the budget will presumably have been out aside for strengthening of the squad through the season (e.g. loan signings) and/or to cater form emergencies (e.g. injuries).

You may well be correct, I was perhaps over simplifying stuff. That said, there will always be transfers in and out raising and lowering the available funds. Either way, the funding for replacing Fletcher is still there.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
PAFC+":38qoynjf said:
Mr Smith":38qoynjf said:
Mr Smith":38qoynjf said:
Most of the debt is gone. We were a crippled club, but not anymore. We're relatively free of debt now. We have one the highest budgets in the league financed by one the highest average attendances in the league.

Since when? Please post links

I've posted elsewhere on it. The CVA cleared most of the debt. e.g. we owed Mastpoint about £2.1m, they've got their 4k under the agreement. Lombard debt was reduced from £2.1m to £700k, don't know if that's been paid off yet but it's still been massivley reduced. We were crippled by debt, hence adminstration, but the administration allowed us to survive by wiping most of the debt.

Do you think other clubs don't also have debts? We're not the only ones you know. I don't see how we are much different to most clubs in the league now, other than having higher income and hence a better budget.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've had a quick search of your past posts for the word debt and apart from this thread I can't see anything until 2011, could you provide the link?

As for other clubs I don't care what they do, after nearly being liquidated I'd rather we clear the debts before spending.

There's a good artcle here

According to that we have about £4m remaining, which will be repaid over 5 years. So of the £21m debt, £17m has gone, wiped by the CVA and other agreements.

Whether or not that is crippling, is a matter of opion. I wouldn't call it that. I'd say we have a managable debt, just like many other clubs, but with income higher than most, and a budget set by turnover in accordance with League rules that should be amongst the highest.

Some questionable "facts" there.. Regarding the Trust loan of £330,000
So why was the loan made?

The loan to PAFC was to establish an all-weather football pitch for the community in Plymouth… The interest rate on the loan of 2% was 1% higher than the charity could obtain from its bank so it made commercial sense to invest the charity’s funds in such a way
From memory the loan was made well after the pitch work had started, even finished?.. Some wriggling going on there?

The £4m "deferred debts" would, I imagine, also include secured debts upon past Directors guarantees, some of which may already be settled and certainly be a large chunk of the £4m.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Plympton Pong":13mpq97e said:
Cerbera":13mpq97e said:

Bollocks.

No, it's true. I have got a season ticket. I can post a picture of it if you like?

Unless the bollocks is aimed at my right to voice my displeasure, in which case, would you care to explain why I can't? Is Home Park a distant outpost of some Communist African country? Free speech denied all of a sudden?

Mar 2, 2008
Cerbera":3fgs7832 said:
Plympton Pong":3fgs7832 said:
Cerbera":3fgs7832 said:

Bollocks.

No, it's true. I have got a season ticket. I can post a picture of it if you like?

Unless the bollocks is aimed at my right to voice my displeasure, in which case, would you care to explain why I can't? Is Home Park a distant outpost of some Communist African country? Free speech denied all of a sudden?

Your decision to buy a season ticket was based on James Brent's pre-season interview?

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Ahh, not exclusively, no.

However, I was influenced to buy a ticket based on the hype coming from our chairman's mouth and in the press. We were led to believe that great things were in the offing at Argyle. A competitive budget which would lead to attractive winning football. No more negative tactics like those that kept us up.

Nov 11, 2006
Greenblooded1":228cdkqe said:
The £4m "deferred debts" would, I imagine, also include secured debts upon past Directors guarantees, some of which may already be settled and certainly be a large chunk of the £4m.

Indeed, the article was from April, so we've no doubt moved on from there to some extent.

Aug 10, 2006
well at the end of the day we do have an owner and if and it looks like a big if he sacks him it will be up to him to pay him off after all brent agreed to fletchers contract in the summer so it will be he who pays fletcher.so you wind ur f.....g neck in.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
green_pants":rpiiijj8 said:
Tony Flags, Im sorry but from that attitude In my opinion I cant call you a true supporter, I will NEVER stop going to MY club, through thick and thin.... your obviously entitled to your opinion but im sorry I cant agree with it, and I find it very frustrating.

:lol:

How's the view from up on your high horse? I'm not sure what qualifies you to call the "true fans" from the "plastic fans". People have a whole host of reasons for not going, it doesn't make them any less of a fan for not attending. We all love Argyle some to the extent that they can't bare to watch Argyle faulter like this and have to look away, some vote with their feet the only voice they have is their attendance and if not attending gets a message across then they'll do it, others keep going to show their support that doesn't make them any more a fan it just shows their personality and is just their way of reacting to situations like Argyle's.

Still, get your cape on Mr. Superfan...

superfan.gif

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
loyal1970":2k4iurzb said:
well at the end of the day we do have an owner and if and it looks like a big if he sacks him it will be up to him to pay him off after all brent agreed to fletchers contract in the summer so it will be he who pays fletcher.so you wind ur f.....g neck in.

Are you saying we shouldn't have an opinion because it's JBs club?

Nov 12, 2012
Pontification, assumption, I have heard it all. Truth here is only the board and chairman are clear on the actual finances of the club. However we do have one of the best attendances in league two, a statistical fact. Which shows how devoted green fan's are despite turmoil in recent times. We hear comments like geographical restrictions from manager and chairman, but surely this was'nt a suprise to James Brent when he bought the club from administration. If attendances are such an issue in inflicting damage on capital, why does'nt the chairman consider what Norwich City did in the Championship and drop the gate prices for everyone for remainder of season not for the odd game once in a blue moon. When the canaries did it they got huge attendances, and the transport network to Norwich from other parts of Norfolk is far poorer than around Plymouth, I know I lived near there for almost ten years. Truth is I have'nt seen much of an action put in place to combat these issues. Secondly as pointed out by other threads, teams like Exeter, Boston and even clubs in higher divisions like Carlisle, Doncaster have done better with smaller gates and equally the challenges of their locations.