Wind your necks in.... | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wind your necks in....

Apr 27, 2012
One question nobody wants to ask or knows the answer to

Where is the money to sack Carl Fletcher going to come from?

Argyle do not have a pot to pi$$ in, we are skint, we cannot afford new managers, we cannot afford better players and we certainty cannot afford a 30 goal a season striker!

Did you think that exiting administration means we can flash the cash again?

We are a crippled club and we cannot buy our way out, what did any of you expect from this year?

Ignore our city size, catchment area, history... none of the that counts for jack! What we are is a broke football club who cannot afford to go sacking managers like Chelsea do!

Its not been a great run of results, BUT WE DID PLAY THE TOP 7!! Agree that the next two games are vital but who's going to want to manage a club where they can't bring in any players?

Carl Fletcher is not ruining the club, he's doing his upmost to do his best for it. Unfortunately we can't afford better.

Lay off the personal attacks, don't turn up if you don't want but WIND YOUR NECKS IN!

We are in a catch 22...

I now return you to normal transmissions

Sep 28, 2003
London
If you expect mediocrity and failure, you'll get it. That's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Don't have a pop at people for expecting a club with higher resources than 90% of the league to not be as consistently shambolic as we have been this season.

I agree that personal attacks are in no way acceptable, but there can be little to no defense of CF's job performance this season. His new excuses of "bad luck" are frankly insulting to the fans that keep turning up, as was his defense of Purse's reckless lack of professionalism in getting a three-game ban needlessly.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Andy we have NO resources!! thats JBs biggest failing, he has tried to put too positive a spin on things... we are skint... we are improving... we will be back..... GET OVER IT AND WIND YOUR NECK IN! :p

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Okay, I'll entertain the troll for a moment.

1. We have a playing budget of circa £1.8 million for the season. Half the season is gone, so we have circa £900,000 left. This is still more than Exeter had for the entire season by £100,000. We can afford to sack the coaching team and pay them off from this budget and employ new coaching staff from it and still have a budget the envy of a lot of teams in this league.

2. Gate revenue and associated 'add on's' e.g shop revenue will fall if our on field performances are not more in line with the size of budget and to an extent the expectations of what we were told before the season started.

3. Carl Fletcher has had a full year outside of administration and a full pre-season to sort out his squad. he has singularly failed.

4. Dorchester Town are not in the the top 7 of League 2. They're not even top 7 of the league they are in, two below us.

5. I have paid out for my ST based on the sales pitch of the Chairman. I am entitled to turn up and vent my anger at the total drivel on the pitch and demand value for money. At the moment the standard of football on offer is not even as good as the BSS, admission for a BSS game is not £20 per person.

6. What makes you think we are a crippled club?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
loopysheep":qyysy8ta said:
One question nobody wants to ask or knows the answer to

Where is the money to sack Carl Fletcher going to come from?

Argyle do not have a pot to pi$$ in, we are skint, we cannot afford new managers, we cannot afford better players and we certainty cannot afford a 30 goal a season striker!

We are a crippled club and we cannot buy our way out, what did any of you expect from this year?

Ignore our city size, catchment area, history... none of the that counts for jack! What we are is a broke football club who cannot afford to go sacking managers like Chelsea do!

Its not been a great run of results, BUT WE DID PLAY THE TOP 7!! Agree that the next two games are vital but who's going to want to manage a club where they can't bring in any players?

Carl Fletcher is not ruining the club, he's doing his upmost to do his best for it. Unfortunately we can't afford better.

Lay off the personal attacks, don't turn up if you don't want but WIND YOUR NECKS IN!

We are in a catch 22...

I now return you to normal transmissions

Loop, you mention money; please explain where the money is going to come from to fund the fall in gates causecd by dissiliusionment with our current management team?

Where will the money be to fund our fixed overheads in the Blue Square next season?

Sacking Fletch is NOT the expensive option; done right it will save the club money, and save our league existence.

And dont mention "we played the top 7" again. We have lost to a lot of rubbish this year too.

A

Argyle1886

End of the day. Had you bought something as a consumer from a shop in town and you were not happy with the product, you would vent your frustration at the lack of quality and seek a refund/return, right? Same principle here... Business that is selling a product, but a very poor quality one at the moment hence the loss in consumers and higher percentage in bad reviews. Obviously not a very business minded person. Clearly shows.

Nov 11, 2006
loopysheep":30fxarwj said:

Most of the debt is gone. We were a crippled club, but not anymore. We're relatively free of debt now. We have one the highest budgets in the league financed by one the highest average attendances in the league.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
I think people will never agree and will only believe what they have heard (pasoti truth) rather than the actual truth.

We definitely DO NOT have one of the highest budgets in the league and dont forget we still have higher than most clubs running costs to balance.

Cerbera, 1. I dont appreciate being called a troll, its my opinion and thats what this place is for!! 2. I do Agree however that as season ticket holders we may have been sold a bum steer. 3. You believe what you want to believe and I'll do the same.... makes life interesting!

I still believe CF is the right man and that JB will have the patience to stick with him.

M

Mr Smith

PAFC+":36uj3lbd said:
Most of the debt is gone. We were a crippled club, but not anymore. We're relatively free of debt now. We have one the highest budgets in the league financed by one the highest average attendances in the league.

Since when? Please post links

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
green_pants":365cop3n said:
I think people will never agree and will only believe what they have heard (pasoti truth) rather than the actual truth.

We definitely DO NOT have one of the highest budgets in the league and dont forget we still have higher than most clubs running costs to balance.

Cerbera, 1. I dont appreciate being called a troll, its my opinion and thats what this place is for!! 2. I do Agree however that as season ticket holders we may have been sold a bum steer. 3. You believe what you want to believe and I'll do the same.... makes life interesting!

I still believe CF is the right man and that JB will have the patience to stick with him.

Actual fact or new "PASOTI fact"? What makes you say this, how can you be sure?

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Mr Smith":2yv6txpk said:
PAFC+":2yv6txpk said:

Since when? Please post links

Football debts were bound into 5 year repayment, others were settled at less than a penny a pound or similar...

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Simply put, we cannot afford to KEEP Carl Fletcher.

As things stand, and should they continue, you can expect the attendances at home to keep dropping.

A new manager would almost certainly lead to a jump in bums on seats if even just for his first match at Home Park.

Jan 17, 2006
Saltash
Womble - Exactly my point and well done that man for highlighting it!!!

I think the games are better than last season by some margin... so i'd say that is an improvement!