Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 63 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who would you like as the new manager?

• Anthony Barry

Votes: 42 8.0%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

• Nigel Pearson

Votes: 15 2.9%
  • Paul Cook

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Nathan Jones

• Leighton Baines

• Gareth Ainsworth

• Grant McCann

• Gary Rowett

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brian Barry-Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pete Wild

• Mike Williamson

• Michael Beale

• Mark Warburton

• Lee Johnson

• Graeme Murty

• Gary Bowyer

• Frank Lampard

• Dean Holden

• Dave Challinor

• Michael Duff

Votes: 5 1.0%
  • Mark Bonner

• Damien Duff

• Cameron Toshack

• Stephen Bradley

• Simon Grayson

• Karl Robinson

• Andrew Crofts

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Justin Cochrane

• Luke Garrard

• Nathan Rooney

• Jonathan Woodgate

• Paul Hurst

• Ritchie Wellens

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 17 3.2%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 380 72.5%
  • Someone else

Votes: 27 5.2%

• Total voters

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Also I hope that no one is being "ageist" on this site with regards to our dear friend Mr Warnock. I shall have to inform the necessary authorities and also thank your lucky stars that you are not in Scotland, or you would be getting a visit from the boys in blue!.
Bore off

Sep 6, 2006
Errr I think you'll find that they are both dead. Dinosaur football seemed to work for Huddersfield last season. Obviously this season they must have gone for a more "modern" style of football (presumably your interpretation) and errr have just been relegated. That's progressive football for you!!.
Pretty sure he managed Huddersfield earlier in season. How did that work out?

Reactions: jimsing
Sep 6, 2006
He left towards the end of September 2023 and at that point Huddersfield were in 19th place on 10 points, 1 point behind us. I, m pretty sure that Huddersfield would rather be in that position now. So your point is....
So why did he leave then? Academic anyway. What possible difference would he make? Perhaps we could put him up front to get on the end of a few crosses. Or add some creativity in midfield. Could put Guardiola in charge would make no difference with those players at his disposal.

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Jan 2, 2024
I have been thinking about this for a while.If,and a big if we survive and are in the Championship next season we need a young and upcoming head coach.Such as Selles or Williamson.Some will say,a big risk.But what if a experienced assistant manager,and first team coach came in alongside him.Keep Kevin Nancekivell in set up as well.I can think of very experienced,never happen Argyle wouldn't be able to afford them.Joe Jordan as assistant manager,Kevin Bond as a coach,and Harry Redknapp as director of football and get rid of Dewsnip.Nance as a coach as well.Those three have been at numerous clubs together.Plus players would come if they were in the set up.You don't get if you don't ask.I go to Plymouth Speedway as well,they had a couple years ago Jason Crump three times World Champion and Bjarne Pedersen twice team World champion with Denmark ride for them.No one thought they would ride for Plymouth smallest club in British speedway 2nd tier.But they did.Pie in the sky,my idea but a young coach and them would work.

Feb 8, 2005
I have been thinking about this for a while.If,and a big if we survive and are in the Championship next season we need a young and upcoming head coach.Such as Selles or Williamson.Some will say,a big risk.But what if a experienced assistant manager,and first team coach came in alongside him.Keep Kevin Nancekivell in set up as well.I can think of very experienced,never happen Argyle wouldn't be able to afford them.Joe Jordan as assistant manager,Kevin Bond as a coach,and Harry Redknapp as director of football and get rid of Dewsnip.Nance as a coach as well.Those three have been at numerous clubs together.Plus players would come if they were in the set up.You don't get if you don't ask.I go to Plymouth Speedway as well,they had a couple years ago Jason Crump three times World Champion and Bjarne Pedersen twice team World champion with Denmark ride for them.No one thought they would ride for Plymouth smallest club in British speedway 2nd tier.But they did.Pie in the sky,my idea but a young coach and them would work.
You'd have to use up a good part of the player budget to get those in!

Feb 14, 2022

Interesting to compare the size of the backroom team of staff that Danny Rohl has at Wednesday with the size of the backroom team of staff we have here.

To be fair we don't know who they all are or what they do. If you add in the physios, analysts, recruitment team, kit men, maybe groundsman to the 4 we have coaching, we probably wouldn't be far off a similar number.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
To be fair we don't know who they all are or what they do. If you add in the physios, analysts, recruitment team, kit men, maybe groundsman to the 4 we have coaching, we probably wouldn't be far off a similar number.

Whoever they all are, our skeleton coaching staff for several weeks was totally unacceptable.

It was Foster’s fault because he refused to appoint anyone, but again it comes back to his appointment in the first place and the discussions that should have taken place before he started the job. Plus the muddled thinking of the head coach label… if he was only head coach then why was he leading both player and coaching staff recruitment?

Lots of questions, and more importantly lessons learned.