Who do we want as our new Manager | Page 62 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who do we want as our new Manager

Who would you like as the new manager?

• Anthony Barry

Votes: 37 8.3%
  • Alex Neil

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Paul Heckingbottom

• Nigel Pearson

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • Paul Cook

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Nathan Jones

• Leighton Baines

• Gareth Ainsworth

• Grant McCann

• Gary Rowett

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Brian Barry-Murphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pete Wild

• Mike Williamson

• Michael Beale

• Mark Warburton

• Lee Johnson

• Graeme Murty

• Gary Bowyer

• Frank Lampard

• Dean Holden

• Dave Challinor

• Michael Duff

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mark Bonner

• Damien Duff

• Cameron Toshack

• Stephen Bradley

• Simon Grayson

• Karl Robinson

• Andrew Crofts

• Justin Cochrane

• Luke Garrard

• Nathan Rooney

• Jonathan Woodgate

• Paul Hurst

• Ritchie Wellens

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Michael Skubala

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • Liam Rosenior

Votes: 314 70.4%
  • Someone else

Votes: 25 5.6%

• Total voters
Oct 31, 2015
I think we should scrap the identity if we stay up and go with Championship experience. If we go down no idea really

Sep 28, 2022
Neil Warnock simple as, the bloke lives here, watches us every week, knows the players at his disposal and won't pee off up North with a "better offer". No brainer, give him the job now before next weekend!.

Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
I just watched no tippy tappy football podcast with Nigel Pearson. On reflection I wouldn't mind him, I believe he is a little bit old school shall we say but at his stage of career maybe he would consider us? Maybe his next job will be lower champ/promotion league one clubs?

He came across well as a person, indicated he is getting over his health issues and would look for a job.... We might suit him a club building for the future, supportive board, no big club pressure... Even location might actually help as he seems to enjoy a walk😂. Also he came across as someone willing to work with what he has...i.e youth development..... Only issue he made it very clear he's a "manager" not a "head coach"

Would be confident he could bring us straight back up, or steady the ship with his experience if we managed a miracle next weekend. With his age/career stage maybe he wouldn't bugger off too if he got us promotion, he might stick with us for that first season back.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I just watched no tippy tappy football podcast with Nigel Pearson. On reflection I wouldn't mind him, I believe he is a little bit old school shall we say but at his stage of career maybe he would consider us? Maybe his next job will be lower champ/promotion league one clubs?

He came across well as a person, indicated he is getting over his health issues and would look for a job.... We might suit him a club building for the future, supportive board, no big club pressure... Even location might actually help as he seems to enjoy a walk😂. Also he came across as someone willing to work with what he has...i.e youth development..... Only issue he made it very clear he's a "manager" not a "head coach"

Would be confident he could bring us straight back up, or steady the ship with his experience if we managed a miracle next weekend. With his age/career stage maybe he wouldn't bugger off too if he got us promotion, he might stick with us for that first season back.
He was constantly moaning about his budget at Bristol City, and on a couple of occasions tried to call out the owner over the budget because he wasn't happy with it. And yet the fact is he had a top 10 budget as was never anywhere near reaching the top 10. He's not a good fit for us at all.

Reactions: Tonka
Jul 24, 2006
Budapest
He was constantly moaning about his budget at Bristol City, and on a couple of occasions tried to call out the owner over the budget because he wasn't happy with it. And yet the fact is he had a top 10 budget as was never anywhere near reaching the top 10. He's not a good fit for us at all.
Fair enough, just trying to find any optimism I can this morning...

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018

One thing Nigel Pearson did do at Bristol City was give first team debuts to 11 Academy players. One of them was subsequently sold for £25m. If we do get relegated in terms of fitting with our aim of getting Academy players in the 1st XI and getting transfer income from them he might not be such a bad choice after all.

Sep 6, 2006
I think Warnock’s name should be banned on here. It will never happen, nor should it. So the constant mentioning of him is going to get mighty, mighty tedious.
I knew it would happen if results went against us. At least Dewsnip would have a scapegoat I suppose if we'd appointed him.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I think Warnock’s name should be banned on here. It will never happen, nor should it. So the constant mentioning of him is going to get mighty, mighty tedious.
I wouldn't have been against him for the final run in after Foster was sacked. I don't like the bloke but respect his track record in such situations. As a long term or full time manager, absolutely no thanks. Not only his age but he is the opposite of what we are looking to do as a club.

TaviGreen1990

✅ Evergreen
Nov 3, 2022
someone with actual Football League experience.... Not difficult, is it, Simon?
This obsession with FL experience. We got burnt by Foster but that wasn’t due to his lack of FL experience it would appear his man management skills were way off. Sheffield Weds and QPR have seemed to do okay despite their managerslack of championship previous.

Sep 28, 2022
Dinosaur. Not the answer. What about Bill Shankley? Or Walter Winterbottom?
Errr I think you'll find that they are both dead. Dinosaur football seemed to work for Huddersfield last season. Obviously this season they must have gone for a more "modern" style of football (presumably your interpretation) and errr have just been relegated. That's progressive football for you!!.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: Lancastergreen