What Adams should do next | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What Adams should do next

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Army green":2ocon9mx said:
How is he claiming to be the 2nd most successful manager we’ve ever had? Arrogant twit. He’s got us promotion out of league two, the 4th flipping division.

Because other than Sturrock, he is the most successful in terms of win % and he's only slightly below. Unless you count Frank Brettell in 1903.

Also, "the 4th flipping division". We've spent the majority of our history in the third division and not many managers have taken us much further.

So whilst it is an egotistical comment, statistically speaking at least, it is a fact.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Nobby":pv1a50a2 said:
Army green":pv1a50a2 said:
How is he claiming to be the 2nd most successful manager we’ve ever had? Arrogant twit. He’s got us promotion out of league two, the 4th flipping division.

Because other than Sturrock, he is the most successful in terms of win % and he's only slightly below. Unless you count Frank Brettell in 1903.

Also, "the 4th flipping division". We've spent the majority of our history in the third division, the best any manager has achieved is promotion to one league higher and that was Luggy.

So whilst it is an egotistical comment, statistically speaking at least, it is a fact.

Not sure what you mean re Luggy because Waiters and Dave Smith also got teams promoted to the 2nd tier as did others before my time - Memory Man will provide details.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":2em83nhr said:
Nobby":2em83nhr said:
Army green":2em83nhr said:

Also, "the 4th flipping division". We've spent the majority of our history in the third division, the best any manager has achieved is promotion to one league higher and that was Luggy.

Not sure what you mean re Luggy because Waiters and Dave Smith also got teams promoted to the 2nd tier as did others before my time - Memory Man will provide details.

Ah that's my bad, structures of the leagues have changed over the years and assumed 'third division' promotion was equivalent of current league two.

May 1, 2011
Nobby":1knk1j62 said:
cheshiregreen":1knk1j62 said:
Nobby":1knk1j62 said:
Army green":1knk1j62 said:

Ah that's my bad, structures of the leagues have changed over the years and assumed 'third division' promotion was equivalent of current league two.

Adams is the self appointed 2nd best manager we have ever had.

Waiters, Dave Smith etc may have a different viewpoint.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Bristol Rich":2zxhhnrx said:
Nobby":2zxhhnrx said:
cheshiregreen":2zxhhnrx said:
Nobby":2zxhhnrx said:
Army green":2zxhhnrx said:

And as I said above, he has the second highest win percentage of any post war manager. So it is a cold hard fact on that front.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
GreenArmy1984":35uouu6q said:
Read http://www.pafc.co.uk

Family Sticks Together

Wow!! That is pretty shocking accusing a concerned section of the fan base of cowardice! He needs to have a bloody good look at himself.

He is failing the club and the supporters who are paying good money and have to put up with the garbage he is serving up!

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Sounds like his bottle is going.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Every time he opens his mouth he makes it worse. The latest quotes about family just show he Is incapable of showing any kind of humility. I think he has lost the fans now and only a promotion now would save him. That’s not happening so I think he’ll be gone soon.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
"“When you’re the fifth longest serving-manager and the second most successful, you do deserve a little more respect than some people are giving"

When we won promotion and when we had that run last season, Mr Adams was more than happy to receive all the praise, well sir now you have to accept the criticism. He talks of respect, well it`s a path that runs two ways, I think it is disrespectful to serve up the dire football we have had this season to loyal fans who pay their hard earned money to attend. I don`t expect us to win every game but I do expect a team selection and tactics that at least give a chance of victory. I don`t only see a team lacking in confidence, I see a team playing in a fearful way, an example being young Macey - I deliberately watched his pre-match yesterday and kicking with both left and right foot he found his target almost every time, come 3 o`clock and it`s as if he has never been introduced to his feet before, a couple of strangers whose only purpose is to stop the end of his legs from fraying. I cannot remember the last time Mr Adams substitutions had a positive effect, Wylde for crying out loud.

May 1, 2011
Nobby":1s8rrubh said:
Bristol Rich":1s8rrubh said:
cheshiregreen":1s8rrubh said:
Army green":1s8rrubh said:

And as I said above, he has the second highest win percentage of any post war manager. So it is a cold hard fact on that front.

You are not comparing eggs with eggs, the vast majority of Adam's wins came in the bottom league. So it's not a quite a cold hard fact.

He should be careful a few more games like this and he might get a special record.

Dec 3, 2005
Nobby":22boimux said:
Army green":22boimux said:

Also, "the 4th flipping division". We've spent the majority of our history in the third division and not many managers have taken us much further.

Whatever happened to Tony Waiters, has he been removed from the history of Argyle?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think if we don’t beat Gillingham on Tues, Adams should be sacked straight after.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
GreenArmy1984":15rx2s4u said:
Read http://www.pafc.co.uk

Family Sticks Together

I think it is a little late for that Derek.

When we were winning you said it was because YOU are are an amazing manager working wonders on a shoestring budget, our current record is abysmal and YOU have to be held responsible for the results too.

I don’t think Derek Adams has ever really appreciated the Green Army. When asked about it I can vaguely recall him saying how good the fans were, but always in that monotonous robotic tone where I didn’t actually believe what he was saying.

I can’t recall many times where he has come across to applaud the travelling fans, instead heading straight down the tunnel (happy to be corrected if others feel differently).

During his time in charge I haven’t felt that he has valued the amazing support of the Green Army.

We have been loyal. He has had an easy ride to be honest!

The article is an interesting one as well, it appears the bulk of quotes are taken from the BBC Radio Devon interview, but the bits where he called the fans ‘yobs’ and referred to ‘yobberish behaviour’ have been removed.

Instead, some additional quotes which don’t sound like Derek and didn’t appear in the original interview have been added to sit alongside what he said before.

I really cannot believe James Brent handed this man a 5 year contract, I have heard a few people say that he is the ‘only constant at the club right now’ but he abolsutely does my head in!

Sep 6, 2006
Nobby":3v39na7w said:
Bristol Rich":3v39na7w said:
cheshiregreen":3v39na7w said:
Army green":3v39na7w said:

You are not comparing eggs with eggs, the vast majority of Adam's wins came in the bottom league. So it's not a quite a cold hard fact.

He should be careful a few more games like this and he might get a special record.[/quote]

I wonder how many Argyle managers in history have had a record of 1 win in 16 or however many (lost count). Any?