What Adams should do next | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What Adams should do next

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
GreenThing":yxf3fj81 said:
cheshiregreen":yxf3fj81 said:
Just a single change after what everyone described as a dreadful effort at Oxford.

If you always do what you've always done you generally find the results stay the same (not just in football).

I play the guitar and practising the same routine over and over again makes you better.

Ha ha. That maybe true, but, I remember Mr Adams saying you must keep changing or you get left behind which feels like what's happening now. Tuesday clearly a chance to start turning things around.

Need some consistency from here on both in building a run of form and improved performance.

PS - that edict is credited to Einstein or Henry Ford.

Oct 16, 2016
As you know I don’t believe in this ‘he’s got a long contract so it’ll cost a fortune to get rid’, he’ll get a years wage. Interestingly I heard a few discussing exactly that

Sep 28, 2003
London
He should at least try something different. We signed two young, quick wing backs in the summer and we're playing them as conventional right-backs, why?

Try a 5-3-2 or 5-4-1.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Justin":2k7zqvfh said:
PL2 3DQ":2k7zqvfh said:
Adams needs to drop Macey, O'Keefe and sadly Edwards for the game against Gillingham.

Macey?!?!?

Is he the new scapegoat?

He's been a scapegoat for weeks. Cooper is homegrown and therefore is better than David De Gea and should be playing. Didn't you know?

First thing Adams should do is banish Ryan Edwards to the reserves. That'll immediately improve the defence. Next, we re-establish Joel Grant in the first team. After that, we pray we can stay in touch until January.

Dec 3, 2005
Knee jerking? We are bottom and at the moment, we look like staying there and it is almost the end of October.
Some said the Burton game would be 3pts the game that would kick start our season, now it's the Gillingham game.
I hope it is, and we start our season. But unless he changes the team around and uses a different game plan, it is doubtful.
When you have players coming on as Sub and looking like you couldn't give a monkeys, that is not good.
Yes it may all change on Tuesday, we live in hope, but I am not holding my breath.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
GreenArmy1984":1lwavz2j said:
Right now we need to support our manager

Everyone needs to get a grip & stick together

Too much knee yerking at the moment

COYGs & 3 Points vs Gillingham

Give it a rest. You weren’t there yesterday. People are forming a view based on the last 20 League games, that is not knee jerking.

You keep saying “Stick together” all the time, without saying why you think it would be best if Adams stays in charge.

We are all entitled to our views. People are entitled to want to see a change in manager. You may disagree with them, but if you are going to keep posting to suppprt the manager, it would be good if you actually made some points whilst doing so.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Fat chance of ever seeing that. All you'll ever get from him is inane, irritating nonsense that add nothing to the discussion. None so bind and all that...

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":1ms2jhkx said:

I can`t make up my mind whether you are just posting the same mindless drivel to wind people up or you genuinely believe that there is no more to supporting a football club than buying a shirt each season. If you have valid points reference our present plight, then post them, but posting the same sound bites whatever the subject is just a waste of yours and our time. Before I am pounced upon I would say that this is a criticism of what you post and not you as a person, who I don`t actually know. Rant over. :scarf: :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
justanotherfan":1j4k8fly said:
GreenArmy1984":1j4k8fly said:

I can`t make up my mind whether you are just posting the same mindless drivel to wind people up or you genuinely believe that there is no more to supporting a football club than buying a shirt each season. If you have valid points reference our present plight, then post them, but posting the same sound bites whatever the subject is just a waste of yours and our time. Before I am pounced upon I would say that this is a criticism of what you post and not you as a person, who I don`t actually know. Rant over. :scarf: :scarf:

He provides no substantial reasoning behind his backing of Adams. I think it’s just attention that he requires.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenArmy1984":396kv2bu said:

You seem like a nice chap but please stick to the shirt debates (stripes, hoops, stars) if you're just going to continually tell people who support the team with their hard earned cash to be better supporters by blindly supporting one man (Adams) when by all accounts you're not actually at the games and in a lot of cases they are and in most cases they actually make an effort to analyse the performances etc.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
GreenArmy1984":1rsotjpg said:

Paul, you need to come up with constructive debate and reasoning, happy clappy one liners will just infuriate other posters and fans who are peed off anyway. Otherwise you'll be viewed as another Sam Jones, just at the opposite end of the scale.

May 8, 2011
Adams is doing what he should do and carry on as normal, this morning he has taken the usual Sunday training session in preparation for a midweek game.