What Adams should do next | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What Adams should do next

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
HC Green":arkyf7ci said:
Adams is doing what he should do and carry on as normal, this morning he has taken the usual Sunday training session in preparation for a midweek game.

The definition of insanity is to carry on doing the same things and expecting different results. Whatever he does, and I'm not sure he will do anything differently, he desperately needs a win on Tuesday night.

He obviously believes in his own ability and methods, my worry is I'm not sure anyone at the club is strong enough to tell him where he is going wrong.

He basically dispensed with Brewster, a coach who would have known him better than anyone, and he has been given carte blanche to run the football side of things from top to bottom.

With hindsight I think this was a huge mistake.

So where do we go from here?

If he isn't prepared to get someone in who will offer a different perspective and provide a bit of guidance I can only see one outcome and that has to happen soon enough to give someone else the chance to assess the squad and make the necessary changes in January.

Aug 5, 2016
GreenThing":3qoz9h8e said:
cheshiregreen":3qoz9h8e said:
Just a single change after what everyone described as a dreadful effort at Oxford.

If you always do what you've always done you generally find the results stay the same (not just in football).

I play the guitar and practising the same routine over and over again makes you better.

Indeed, 'practice makes perfect' is there expression I believe.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
.............Cooper

............Ness/Fox
...... Canavan...Grant
Moore.....................ASB

......Fox/Ness.... Sarcevic
Lameiras...................Carey

.............. Ladapo

Two leftie centre-backs but the insurance of three. Ness/Fox to be the voice in a sweeper style role - no idea if either has played there but desperately searching for someone who reads the game and can talk.

Radical, but it can't be any worse.

Hopefully some good news that nessie, sarce and foxy are all fit to play
together in centre mid again.
Still think 3 CBS would help us defensively so i wouldnt mind us trying a 3511.
Cooper

Songo
Canavan
Grant

Brown
Sarcevic
Fox
Ness
Smith-brown

Carey

Ladapo

Expecting a 433 though.
Macey
Brown
Songo
Grant
Smith-brown
Sarcevic
Fox
Ness
Carey
Ladapo
Lameiras

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knibbsworth":3uhwg7rr said:
GreenThing":3uhwg7rr said:
cheshiregreen":3uhwg7rr said:
Just a single change after what everyone described as a dreadful effort at Oxford.

If you always do what you've always done you generally find the results stay the same (not just in football).

I play the guitar and practising the same routine over and over again makes you better.

Indeed, 'practice makes perfect' is there expression I believe.

But what if three of your fingers don't know what the fourth finger is going to do? What if one of your fingers constantly misses the string that it was assigned to? What if you are told that next week the strings will be in a totally different order? What if you are told that your strings are top quality and resilient but they break if you pluck them too hard? :think:

Jul 12, 2016
Greenthing you may practise the same routine over and over again but what if its the wrong routine ?Or are you like Adams too pigheaded to change?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
GreenArmy1984":34wib2ui said:
samjones":34wib2ui said:
Hopefully RESIGN

I think your wrong Sam

Wishful thinking I know but its no harm dreaming we can escape from this nightmare.

The guy has completely lost the plot and I for one don't want him taking this club down with him

Mar 8, 2016
How is he claiming to be the 2nd most successful manager we’ve ever had? Arrogant twit. He’s got us promotion out of league two, the 4th fudging division.