What Adams should do next | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What Adams should do next

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
chunkymonkey78":58atadvp said:
Frank_Butcher":58atadvp said:
If I was Adams I'd be considering a different formation to solve the defensive crisis. We need someone to lead the back line. The two full-backs are young and need direction - it's no wonder they go walkabout at times. I don't see anyone managing the line or instructing from the back.

I have no idea if he's played in defence at all, but Ness strikes me as someone who could do this job in a kind of sweeper role alongside two centre-halves. That means a change in formation - it might be perceived as negative but we must fix the leak first.

I'd say songo'o would play that sort of role better, maybe as a CDM that could slot into a back three when playing defensively then push forward into DM when we go forward?

Agree it's more logical as a defender but we need a marshall at the back. I don't see that in Songo'o.

B

Bonehead

the_corkscrew":etx26nhd said:
Presuming he isn't sacked....

(1) Be honest. Publicly state we are in a relegation battle. Admit he's got a lot wrong. Hes still blaming bad luck etc.
(2) Ask the fans to get behind the team and him. But only after doing (1)

He has come across as distant, arrogant and somewhat deluded recently. Until he admits there's a problem, he won't get the support he's asking for.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Maybe , just maybe, he’s after a big fat cheque, and just maybe, just a hunch Carey is helping him achieve it . All assumptions and presumption of course , maybe just maybe the 5 year deal given to Adams would come to an end when Brent’s chairmanship ends , oh hang on , that won’t be for ages, oops hang on , that’s next week! Maybe , just maybe that was Brent, Carey’s and Adam’s plan all along. Just saying.

Mar 14, 2009
Someone mentioned the potential Canavan P Grant partnership. Both have terrible distribution but they can defend more than our other options.

I would now covert ASB and Moore to wing backs. Going forward we could turn them into an asset.

I would get Edwards out of the side now. He unfortunately is a liability. Songo isn’t the answer btw.

Ladapo needs help up front. I’d like to see someone he can play off like Dyson. Unfortunately, we won’t see this but we need a change in the way we attack as today we scored goals because of great opportunism by Ladapo, and not by wonderful attacking approach play by our midfielders. We need to get Carey involved more.

B

Bonehead

5 year contract payout paid for by a new chairman, all hypothetical of course

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":23c635zi said:
PL2 3DQ":23c635zi said:
Adams needs to drop Macey, O'Keefe and sadly Edwards for the game against Gillingham.

For who though?

O'Keefe for Ness is an obvious swap but who comes in for Edwards and Macey? Caravan and Letheren :sigh:

Caravan has looked quite good more than not, so him for Edwards. I’d rather see Cooper than Letheren.

Sep 6, 2006
Conte is in a stand off with Chelsea Re compensation. They are refusing to pay off his contract just paying him week to week until he gets another job. So fire Adams and hope there is somebody daft enough to employ him. Or move him upstairs into a strategic role.

B

Bonehead

Balham_Green":1g7cw2mi said:
Conte is in a stand off with Chelsea Re compensation. They are refusing to pay off his contract just paying him week to week until he gets another job. So fire Adams and hope there is somebody daft enough to employ him. Or move him upstairs into a strategic role.

CLOWN

Sep 6, 2006
plymouth1970":m0v1oeqk said:
Balham_Green":m0v1oeqk said:

CLOWN

Thanks for that considered response. Any chance of using your limited brain cells to come up with a better idea.

May 16, 2016
Balham_Green":3qza4hx2 said:
plymouth1970":3qza4hx2 said:
Balham_Green":3qza4hx2 said:

CLOWN

Thanks for that considered response. Any chance of using your limited brain cells to come up with a better idea.

Blimey, it's like one of those Role revesal Reality TV Shows.

R

rdr123

Make some actual team changes. We put in an awful performance against Oxford. So what does he do? Name an unchanged team other than Sarc in for Yann who was suspended. I really am starting the question his tactics. And yestersay when we need to push on a get another goal what does he do? Takes off Reuben who is the most creative player on the pitch for who? Yep you guessed it Gregg bloody Wylde. Drives me Wylde alright!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Just a single change after what everyone described as a dreadful effort at Oxford.

If you always do what you've always done you generally find the results stay the same (not just in football).

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":bvw7dhse said:
Just a single change after what everyone described as a dreadful effort at Oxford.

If you always do what you've always done you generally find the results stay the same (not just in football).

I play the guitar and practising the same routine over and over again makes you better.