VAR to be used at World Cup | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

VAR to be used at World Cup

Super horns

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Jul 26, 2008
Don't the last 2 comments just show the contrast on views on VAR?!

Bit like Brexit ..

Indeed it's worked well on occasions but certainly some key incidents have been missed or ignored by the ref/VAR guys without an explanation.

Sep 6, 2006
with-menace":kbdvdei5 said:
Absolutely hate it.ruins the flow of the game and hasn't prevented refereeing mistakes in fact it's caused many. Also highly contentious application too ,Sweden today,Kane v Tunisia yet employed for the most dubious, innocuous non incidents. It's a nonsense. Get rid.

Guess you don't agree with these new fangled things called computers either. It's new. Takes a while to perfect. Also like anything only as good as it's operator

Jul 25, 2011
Balham_Green":2fhsdsh3 said:
with-menace":2fhsdsh3 said:
Absolutely hate it.ruins the flow of the game and hasn't prevented refereeing mistakes in fact it's caused many. Also highly contentious application too ,Sweden today,Kane v Tunisia yet employed for the most dubious, innocuous non incidents. It's a nonsense. Get rid.

Guess you don't agree with these new fangled things called computers either. It's new. Takes a while to perfect. Also like anything only as good as it's operator

What a strange leap youve made, I don't like VAR therefore I must be some sort of Amish Luddite :wtf:
Aparfrom the fact that computers are neither new or fangled I can't say I'd drawn any comparisons between an ill conceived piece of unnecessary nonsense and technological advancement. I just think it's crap ok? No need to invent any bizarre theories as to why.

H

HuddyTheGreen

It's obviously not been used enough to iron out it's deficiencies, I think it could be good, but it shouldn't have been used in this world cup.

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
I wasn't looking forward to having var stop the matches during the world cup, but I think it has been very good. I particularly like the 'soft' review that means less stoppages. I also like the fact that the referee has little control until he gets called to the screen, meaning (hopefully) the players will give them less abuse

Sep 6, 2006
with-menace":1jsei5v8 said:
Balham_Green":1jsei5v8 said:
with-menace":1jsei5v8 said:

What a strange leap youve made, I don't like VAR therefore I must be some sort of Amish Luddite :wtf:
Aparfrom the fact that computers are neither new or fangled I can't say I'd drawn any comparisons between an ill conceived piece of unnecessary nonsense and technological advancement. I just think it's crap ok? No need to invent any bizarre theories as to why.

Well your argument doesn't add up. For example it has been very quick. Flow of game hasn't been disrupted. I also think there has been much less diving in penalty area as players know they can't get away with it. Football has been behind other sports for years regarding technology. If it's available use it.

May 22, 2006
The most annoying thing is probably the players doing that bloody action with their fingers every time there's a foul.

It's the new 'holding up a fake card'.

Jul 25, 2011
Balham_Green":6fip7zmv said:
with-menace":6fip7zmv said:
Balham_Green":6fip7zmv said:
with-menace":6fip7zmv said:

Well your argument doesn't add up. For example it has been very quick. Flow of game hasn't been disrupted. I also think there has been much less diving in penalty area as players know they can't get away with it. Football has been behind other sports for years regarding technology. If it's available use it.
Sorry?? 'My argument doesn't add up' er... I'm not making an argument :thumbup: is it really that difficult to grasp the fact that I JUST DONT LIKE IT!
I'm not arguing a point,I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me, merely stating I think it's a nonsense and has solved nothing in fact it's created a whole new level of yet more problems.
I accept you're a fan,I haven't quizzed you on why or asked you to defend its many short comings.
Can't you accept I just happen to hold a different view ?

May 22, 2006
with-menace":oto3xtdr said:

Congratulations, you've just discovered Balham Green.

Don't even try and have a meaningful conversation with him. Just let him hit you with his little whine and ignore it.

Sep 6, 2006
with-menace":3sy9aeqq said:
Balham_Green":3sy9aeqq said:
Balham_Green":3sy9aeqq said:

Sorry?? 'My argument doesn't add up' er... I'm not making an argument :thumbup: is it really that difficult to grasp the fact that I JUST DONT LIKE IT!
I'm not arguing a point,I'm not trying to convince anyone to agree with me, merely stating I think it's a nonsense and has solved nothing in fact it's created a whole new level of yet more problems.
I accept you're a fan,I haven't quizzed you on why or asked you to defend its many short comings.

So if it was not an 'argument' what was your first post? If you don't like people disagreeing with you don't post on here. The idea is to have a discussion which involves not necessarily agreeing with what other people sayo. Sorry if you are so insecure you cant cope with that.

Sep 6, 2006
Ham Green":1lvqz2fy said:
with-menace":1lvqz2fy said:

Don't even try and have a meaningful conversation with him. Just let him hit you with his little whine and ignore it.

Ditto to you mate. Guess the idea having a conversation where people disagree is too much for you.

jerryatricjanner

āœ… Evergreen
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Apr 22, 2006
HuddyTheGreen":2wbf9bxa said:
It's obviously not been used enough to iron out it's deficiencies, I think it could be good, but it shouldn't have been used in this world cup.
Itā€™s not perfect yet and will get better for sure. For me the pluses have far outweighed the minuses in this World Cup and it has not come a moment too soon.

Jul 25, 2011
Balham_Green":1520czim said:
with-menace":1520czim said:

So if it was not an 'argument' what was your first post? If you don't like people disagreeing with you don't post on here. The idea is to have a discussion which involves not necessarily agreeing with what other people sayo. Sorry if you are so insecure you cant cope with that.
Well as you clearly donā€™t have the mental equipment to understand basic English Iā€™ll explain that what I wrote was a ā€˜statement ā€˜ not an ā€˜argumentā€™ I thought Iā€™d already made that clear but for some reason you seem to find it difficult to differentiate between the two. Maybe if you werenā€™t frantically deploying your own ignorance to fan the flames of your own inflated egotistical fire, youā€™d have a moment to reflect on what a complete arse youā€™re making of yourself. Please donā€™t respond now Iā€™m really not interested in reading any more banal drivel from you.

Jul 25, 2011
Ham Green":11v6922o said:
with-menace":11v6922o said:

Thanks I know how to deal with narcissistic sociopaths. Ignore them.

Sep 6, 2006
I'll respond if I wish. Don't need permission from you. You obviously have some serious issues if you become abusive when somebody disagrees with you.

Definition of an argument -

'A reason given in support of an idea'.
Oh dear seems it's you that 'doesn't have the mental equipment to understand English' and no doubt you'll throw all your toys out of the pram now you have proved to be wrong.