Update from today's rescue plan meeting. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Update from today's rescue plan meeting.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
green grandad":2ls63kzu said:
Thanks for going to the meeting all.Is anybody ever going to tell us what plan B is or is it a secret only to be known to the elite? Their are many other Argyle fans outside you band of brothers who have the future of Argyle in our hearts , do you think that we don't count?
Who the hell do you think you are?

gg Plan B is terribly simple.

Mr Brent puts up the money whilst hoping to recoup some from a sale back of the ground (sound familiar?)

Errrr, well, thats about it besides sharing out the car parking spaces and seats in the centre of the GrandStand.

Im not sure why its so secret.

But, Ian tells me we are in in it together, except some are more in it than others.

See? :)

Mar 9, 2011
green grandad":23955p8c said:
Thanks for going to the meeting all.Is anybody ever going to tell us what plan B is or is it a secret only to be known to the elite? Their are many other Argyle fans outside you band of brothers who have the future of Argyle in our hearts , do you think that we don't count?

:doh:

Green grandad ... in answer to your question of "Who the hell do you think you are?" ... they're ALL good people is who they are.

Each and everyone involved with the rescue plan are 100% committed towards only wanting to bring a positive outcome to what has been a thoroughly miserable time for all.

Class them in the same band of brothers you and I are in (the ones who also have the future of Argyle in our hearts) ... because they are doing this for the sake of us having a club to go to still (if the current PB's bid fails).

We've had to wait so bleeding long now, to see what is going to happen ... I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to wait that little bit longer to get to the right stage of announcing anything about the rescue plan (providing this comes into play). Trust me ... these good people, unlike the PB's in place, will not 'do one on us' by holding back all the information.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
totnes comie mike":5grnkif0 said:
Chris Webb":5grnkif0 said:
Hi All

Just finished the Rescue Plan meeting. Apologies for any typos. I am on the mobile and travelling.

I have a personal engagement tonight so won't be able to post a full update. Peter Ryan is going to put up the press release this evening. (9pm approximately).

The meeting was once again very positive. Particular thanks to James Brent who travelled down straight off a long haul flight from India.

Hopefully one of the other attendees maybe able to elaborate on the outputs. The press release will once again highlight the fact that the rescue plan is not a rival to the preferred bid - but is a back-up plan.

The sheer amount of hard work, will and determination around the table today gives me confidence that "if" the preferred bidders fail to perform then the Rescue Plan committee would do everything humanly possible to save Argyle.

Thanks for all the supportive PMs this week. They are a tremendous boost. I am sorry I do not get to reply to everyone due to workload but they always get read!

Chris
good news
Thanks.
Really.
Made my night.
Thanks. :appl:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
tonycholwell":etoc6ywo said:
IJN":etoc6ywo said:
He wants to Chris, he simply doesn't know how to do it without losing face.

Come on Tone, show what a man you are.

Oi Red Ian, behave. :)

Im on the side of the Argyle fan, like Gary, Mark et al.

I'll leave the politics to the Trust and its membership.

Losing face? hahahaha as I siad before, behave. Anyway, you're a good laugh which is why I will always share a table with you.
The discussion could have been such a good one.
But the three course meal it was calling...... :lol:

Apr 4, 2004
green grandad":3cf5lpe7 said:

That's extremely harsh of you to say that. They may not be able to tell us all the goings on and details of the plan. But we already know a lot more about them and what they want for our club than the preferred bidder. For example we know who they are. We know why they want to get involved with a rescue plan. We know that they want to run our club properly so we don't find ourselves in this mess again. I find it hugely reassuring that they are doing all this while the sale still has yet to finalise. A possible safety net that they don't have to provide, but they want to.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
LG":9eb7f4wf said:
tonycholwell":9eb7f4wf said:
IJN":9eb7f4wf said:
He wants to Chris, he simply doesn't know how to do it without losing face.

Come on Tone, show what a man you are.

Oi Red Ian, behave. :)

Im on the side of the Argyle fan, like Gary, Mark et al.

I'll leave the politics to the Trust and its membership.

Losing face? hahahaha as I siad before, behave. Anyway, you're a good laugh which is why I will always share a table with you.
The discussion could have been such a good one.
But the three course meal it was calling...... :lol:

Too right LG........along with most of the folk at todays meeting :)

D

dbgreen

I have a fear that the penny has just dropped for me, i cant believe i have been quite so slow, tell me i am very wrong, please.
Am I right in thinking that Plan B isn't being revealed, or even being called Plan B but a rescue plan, because all involved don't know how quite to break the terrible news that Ridsdale will still be thoroughly involved? Thus, it's not a Plan B at all, merely more of the same. The group know this will devastate very many supporters! Please tell me I am wrong on both counts and that this is a rescue plan for the survival of the club in a pure Ridsdale-free future. Anything else is merely a short term smoke screen!
I truly have never wanted to be more wrong in all my life.
So.....????

Don't give me this 'But he'd make a good football CEO as long as he doesn't hold the purse strings' crap. I know there are some intelligent, experienced people on here and that won't wash.

Jan 16, 2005
There does seem to be a rather obvious and orchestrated change in the message coming from the rescue bid meeting attendees.
My guess is the discussion went something like "guys we don't want to antagonise the BG & PR by being seen to try and derail the PB because we would need their support if the rescue bid were to have a chance of succeeding"

D

dbgreen

And suddenly Esmer welcomes the James Brent 'alternative'! Please God, NO!

B

bizzay1

I think it is common knowledge that, if JB had been PB, the riddler would be staying but as an employee, I am unsure if this has changed in any way but I personally would like to see JB's "rescue" plan come to the fore with a certain Michael Dunford coming in as his CEO

Jun 12, 2011
Camberley, Surrey
Am I right in thinking that Plan B isn't being revealed, or even being called Plan B but a rescue plan, because all involved don't know how quite to break the terrible news that Ridsdale will still be thoroughly involved? Thus, it's not a Plan B at all, merely more of the same.

While plan B is a rescue plan which gets triggered in the event of plan A failing and BG expressing a willingness to work with it, it is still a business plan at the end of the day. We don't really know the true state of plan A and why would anybody, with a business deal waiting in the wings, publicise the content to their detriment (rescue plan or otherwise)?

At the end of the day, somebody needs to run the club who has the football and networking skills to make it successful. We all know that HP isn't full of applications. We also need an owner who will invest prudently but successfully using skills gained through past business practise. If those skills come from one person then great. Plan A, as I understand it, passes everything to somebody who has the footballing and networking skills but no money. Plan B, if it has legs, would probably leave the day to day running in the hands of an expert and the financial side in the hands of somebody who has good business acumen and a willingness to invest wisely.

Yes, plan B could involve PR on the assumption that no other better qualified candidate is in wait. It does, however, make him (or her) far more accountable to others as they don't retain total control. Plan A would have left PR with an open ticket to do whatever he could get away with.

The plans, therefore, are fundamentally different.

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
LG":ti312c4s said:
totnes comie mike":ti312c4s said:
Chris Webb":ti312c4s said:
Hi All

Just finished the Rescue Plan meeting. Apologies for any typos. I am on the mobile and travelling.

I have a personal engagement tonight so won't be able to post a full update. Peter Ryan is going to put up the press release this evening. (9pm approximately).

The meeting was once again very positive. Particular thanks to James Brent who travelled down straight off a long haul flight from India.

Hopefully one of the other attendees maybe able to elaborate on the outputs. The press release will once again highlight the fact that the rescue plan is not a rival to the preferred bid - but is a back-up plan.

The sheer amount of hard work, will and determination around the table today gives me confidence that "if" the preferred bidders fail to perform then the Rescue Plan committee would do everything humanly possible to save Argyle.

Thanks for all the supportive PMs this week. They are a tremendous boost. I am sorry I do not get to reply to everyone due to workload but they always get read!

Chris
good news
Thanks.
Really.
Made my night.
Thanks. :appl:
yes ile allways agree with back up plans in genaral,i have loads,thats how life works,the thing i admire about the trust is the passion ,it shines through,i havnt been a supporter of it myself and was worried it was taking just one veiw thats how it came across to me,i cant speak for other people but i was starting to think that as one of the now 2200 renewers that i was going againts the trusts veiw,however chriss put out a statment the other night wich stated they wanted to include all supporters,and for me thats the only way a trust can go, i think in hindsite looking back even chriss will see this,any trust has to be all inclusive it has to cover everyones veiws,and on that point i would like trust to be druming up support and being a bit louder as far as people renewing there tickets is concerned that for me would include all supporters so that who ever ends up with the club has half a chance of putting out a strong team on the park,there is allready a great big split between the fanbase wich is why the trust has to be all inclusive for it to work ,so i hear what your saying chriss but your still not loud enough on one side of the debate ,all supporters ?

B

bandwagon

dbgreen":22qy809t said:
And suddenly Esmer welcomes the James Brent 'alternative'! Please God, NO!

I'm definitely in your camp with regards to Grimsdale - I don't think we'll have much to worry about though, as if the rescue plan comes into play, he won't want a tethered cheque book!!

He'll be off to the midlands or the north to 'save' the next ailing club!!

Don't forget, those at the meeting are keeping schtum on the details - perhaps they won't want him there anyway, let's hope so!!

Sep 3, 2009
Sagacity":1bvleqqn said:
So plan b is the same as plan a with the exception that it is brent rather than Bishop International, and the ground will still be sold, for less than plan A, there will still be an asset strip, so why the support?

Bit confused by the SECRECY and smoking mirrors. Would be a good idea to invite some of the more retisent posters to join this meeting as a way of reassuring the mass population that you are not just out to smash plan A.

Maybe it is time for a statement from the Trust that you all suppport plan A, look forward to working with the new owners as re-invigorating the club, and by the way if the worst happens and it falls through we could possibly help.

Anyway, what are the numbers, how much is likely to be raised, how much will you invest in the team, when the ground be re-developed, what Kit deal have you got? just a few questions I am sure will be answered, but in the meantime, let us know what you plan, then we may support you, but at the moment you are at risk of losing credibility on the secrecy front as you have all shouted down the PB and BG for their silence.

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! The ground will be sold back to the council - that is vastly different from it disappearing offshore into some nameless, faceless tax-dodging consortium.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Charlie Wood":1pun5bs9 said:
Can we take this as an indication that the "Fearless ones" are subtly repositioning towards the Brent camp in the event it all goes mammaries up?

Reading through this thread Charlie, it would appear the only repositioning is by the "Disciples of Doom" now backing Risdale.