Update from today's rescue plan meeting. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Update from today's rescue plan meeting.

A

Anonymous

That's what worries me, it does.

I might be thick, but I'm passionate and thick. :mrgreen:

D

dbgreen

IJN":2ytqt5bp said:
As for Ridsdale, it would surely be folly, if he were poked off, with all that he knows at this stage, wouldn't it :)

What does that mean?

Is the suggestion, from other threads, that Ridsdale should be chairman in plan B a serious one?

I seriously hope not, I really had hoped to step foot in Home Park this season!

Jul 29, 2010
dbgreen":32zq6dxj said:
IJN":32zq6dxj said:
As for Ridsdale, it would surely be folly, if he were poked off, with all that he knows at this stage, wouldn't it :)

What does that mean?

Is the suggestion, from other threads, that Ridsdale should be chairman in plan B a serious one?

I seriously hope not, I really had hoped to step foot in Home Park this season!

Paid CEO, not chairman. With hands kept firmly away from the purse strings he could do a 'football related' job for us yet, with hands on the purse strings though he'd scare the living schitt out of me.

D

dbgreen

Oh bugger me then, my Argyle days are numbered, I feel let down, shocked and gutted. He is dangerous no matter what his title. God help my club!

A

Anonymous

tonycholwell":u6uarie4 said:
IJN":u6uarie4 said:
That's what worries me, it does.

I might be thick, but I'm passionate and thick. :mrgreen:

And I was thinking forgetful!

No, thick as two short planks me mate, Gobby, Dickler and Obsessive Wan Kanobi say I am, so it must be true. :)

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN Wrote:

"No, thick as two short planks me mate, Gobby, Dickler and Obsessive Wan Kanobi say I am, so it must be true."

Self abuse is no recommendation and I truly doubt your employer would want a compl,ete DH in your role.

So, disarming, Yes, Knobber, No.

Jul 29, 2010
Quite bodders.

Also if he were given no escape route he's bloody minded enough to drive Argyle to the wall chasing the pipe dream that is plan A. We have to be pragmatic and inclusive, a club of all the talents is all we ask for. Ridders is a very good footballing CEO but a "questionable" businessman. James Brent is a very good businessman but (i'm sure he'd be the first to admit) a bit of a rubbish footballing CEO. It made sense to combine the best both could offer initially, that still holds true now.

Give him a raft and he's got a reason to leave the sinking ship, give him the middle finger and he'll scuttle it with Heaney.

D

dbgreen

Bodmin Tew":2l4bpwjj said:
Should the rescue plan be required my guess is that Ridsdale would be invaluable. He is supremely well connected in football and is an excellent communicator/front man. He knows the business. If he was forced to report to someone within Brent's organisation and held accountable it would be the perfect fit.

Ridsdale in charge of the cookie jar - no way

Ridsdale in day to day control of the club? Yes.

Checks and balances.

No offence BT but I couldn't agree less, I had been preying plan A would collapse and that would be the end of all of them. In my humble, the man is a liability and holds zero value to PAFC and I am being nice, my true thoughts are somewhat harsher.
I still cannot believe that the protagonists of plan B are considering this, I had more respect.

Oct 22, 2009
X Isle":3jlbfnvy said:
Quite bodders.

Also if he were given no escape route he's bloody minded enough to drive Argyle to the wall chasing the pipe dream that is plan A. We have to be pragmatic and inclusive, a club of all the talents is all we ask for. Ridders is a very good footballing CEO but a "questionable" businessman. James Brent is a very good businessman but (i'm sure he'd be the first to admit) a bit of a rubbish footballing CEO. It made sense to combine the best both could offer initially, that still holds true now.

Give him a raft and he's got a reason to leave the sinking ship, give him the middle finger and he'll scuttle it with Heaney.

X isle im a little disappointed with this. I have throughout these discussions held your opinion in the highest regard. But how can you suggest riddler would be of any benefit to this club? He has deliberatley and strategically positioned the situation (using brenda and hinchcliffe) so that he gains control of a football club for £1. I dont understand how anyone can see that he has done anything different? This total pish about "where would we be without him, he has saved the club etc etc" is rubbish. He has no money to invest in the team, we have no kit, no sponser, the league campaign kicks of in 2 weeks, he knows Heaney doesnt have the money, and he is going to hold the football league to randsom the day before the new season starts.

A

Anonymous

I can only endorse what others have said about this afternoon's Rescue Plan meeting. It was a very positive meeting and we are now all much, much clearer on the detail of what needs to be done and the timescale needed to deliver it.

As a Rescue Plan it can only come into effect if or when the Sale and Purchase Agreement does not complete due to the failure to meet the condition precedents of funding for completion or Football League approval. We understand that the timescale to meet the condition precedents of the Sales and Purchase Agreement extends to 5th August unless one or other of Bishop International Ltd or PAFC (125) Ltd formally withdraw.

The implications of a late withdrawal or failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement are obvious which is why the work on the Rescue Plan is intensifying. As before please do not expect any detail relating to the position of the secured creditors and football creditors to be revealed. It is entirely appropriate that details remain confidential between the relevant parties. Suffice to say though, very significant progress has been made today as will become clear.

No-one should doubt the will, determination and ability of the Rescue Plan group to put forward a coherent and deliverable Plan should the Sale and Purchase Agreement (Plan A) fail to complete. I would like to add a special thank you to James Brent for travelling down to Plymouth after an overnight flight from India and then going back to North Devon for a birthday party. If there are any doubts about his commitment that should say it all.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
northroadwest1":8zs8d8ba said:
X Isle":8zs8d8ba said:
Quite bodders.

X isle im a little disappointed with this. I have throughout these discussions held your opinion in the highest regard. But how can you suggest riddler would be of any benefit to this club? He has deliberatley and strategically positioned the situation (using brenda and hinchcliffe) so that he gains control of a football club for £1. I dont understand how anyone can see that he has done anything different? This total pish about "where would we be without him, he has saved the club etc etc" is rubbish. He has no money to invest in the team, we have no kit, no sponser, the league campaign kicks of in 2 weeks, he knows Heaney doesnt have the money, and he is going to hold the football league to randsom the day before the new season starts.
keep a friend close and an enemy even closer.

Tony Pastyman

♣️ Senior Greens
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 1, 2008
All power to your elbow's, your commitment is unquestioned!

:D GREEN ARMY : :mrgreen:

Apr 4, 2004
Graham Clark":3a01gzwy said:
I can only endorse what others have said about this afternoon's Rescue Plan meeting. It was a very positive meeting and we are now all much, much clearer on the detail of what needs to be done and the timescale needed to deliver it.

As a Rescue Plan it can only come into effect if or when the Sale and Purchase Agreement does not complete due to the failure to meet the condition precedents of funding for completion or Football League approval. We understand that the timescale to meet the condition precedents of the Sales and Purchase Agreement extends to 5th August unless one or other of Bishop International Ltd or PAFC (125) Ltd formally withdraw.

The implications of a late withdrawal or failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement are obvious which is why the work on the Rescue Plan is intensifying. As before please do not expect any detail relating to the position of the secured creditors and football creditors to be revealed. It is entirely appropriate that details remain confidential between the relevant parties. Suffice to say though, very significant progress has been made today as will become clear.

No-one should doubt the will, determination and ability of the Rescue Plan group to put forward a coherent and deliverable Plan should the Sale and Purchase Agreement (Plan A) fail to complete. I would like to add a special thank you to James Brent for travelling down to Plymouth after an overnight flight from India and then going back to North Devon for a birthday party. If there are any doubts about his commitment that should say it all.

Commitment Pah. That's not commitment. Now if he'd of rowed in a bath tub from Bangladesh then Bounced on a pogo stick to the meeting then missed the birthday party that would go some way towards impressing me. His heart is clearly not in it.