Update from today's rescue plan meeting. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Update from today's rescue plan meeting.

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Just finished the Rescue Plan meeting. Apologies for any typos. I am on the mobile and travelling.

I have a personal engagement tonight so won't be able to post a full update. Peter Ryan is going to put up the press release this evening. (9pm approximately).

The meeting was once again very positive. Particular thanks to James Brent who travelled down straight off a long haul flight from India.

Hopefully one of the other attendees maybe able to elaborate on the outputs. The press release will once again highlight the fact that the rescue plan is not a rival to the preferred bid - but is a back-up plan.

The sheer amount of hard work, will and determination around the table today gives me confidence that "if" the preferred bidders fail to perform then the Rescue Plan committee would do everything humanly possible to save Argyle.

Thanks for all the supportive PMs this week. They are a tremendous boost. I am sorry I do not get to reply to everyone due to workload but they always get read!

Chris

TCM

Jun 7, 2011
Chris Webb":3a2fy0fn said:
Hi All

Just finished the Rescue Plan meeting. Apologies for any typos. I am on the mobile and travelling.

I have a personal engagement tonight so won't be able to post a full update. Peter Ryan is going to put up the press release this evening. (9pm approximately).

The meeting was once again very positive. Particular thanks to James Brent who travelled down straight off a long haul flight from India.

Hopefully one of the other attendees maybe able to elaborate on the outputs. The press release will once again highlight the fact that the rescue plan is not a rival to the preferred bid - but is a back-up plan.

The sheer amount of hard work, will and determination around the table today gives me confidence that "if" the preferred bidders fail to perform then the Rescue Plan committee would do everything humanly possible to save Argyle.

Thanks for all the supportive PMs this week. They are a tremendous boost. I am sorry I do not get to reply to everyone due to workload but they always get read!

Chris
good news

A

Anonymous

Bodmin Tew":2enuvc6w said:
Thanks Chris, as always. Your hard work and will is appreciated. Thank you and Peter for the polite feedback. I eagerly await the "coal face" version from the two Ian's :)

:)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Another positive and productive meeting.
The enthusiasm, passion and determination shown by everyone present to formulate a Rescue Plan was inspiring.

All being well the Preferred Bidder will complete the deal and the Rescue Plan will not be required; remember - we are not here to derail the preferred bid but it's prudent to plan ahead for the sake of PAFC and its future.

A

Anonymous

Very positive meeting, still twists and turns to go, but obviously we have to wait until the PB's show their hand.

We have to be vey careful, what is said, because, we can't be seen to do anything other than offer a rescue package. Nothing can be done whilst the PB is in the position they/he are in, they/he hold our club in their hands at this time, let's hope they can come up with the goods, because if they can't, the timescale is frightening.

No one is doubting the hard work put in by Brenda and his team and the energy shown by Peter Ridsdale, the problem is Heaney and is crew, what the hell are they/he doing?

People present were:-

Peter Ryan, Jamie Yabsley ( :idea: ) Chris Webb (now added :oops: :lol: ) James Brent, Graham Clark, Uncle Buck, Peter Jones, Postey and myself.

Real detail was discussed, meat was put on the bone and suggestions were made and actions will be bought into play this week.

I think it fair to say, we are at the edge of the precipice, if Heaney doesn't buy us before the 5th August, we have to go even closer to the edge before we know if we can get to an area of safety.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Thanks guys for all the hard work.

Positive and worrying in equal measure.

Ian (either Ian!!), hypothetically speaking, if say the PB pulled out tomorrow, how long would it take to secure a sale of the club to JB?

Apr 4, 2004
I would like to say to all involved in the rescue package. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving up your time and putting so much energy into trying to give our club a chance to survive.

My guess is that the PB will complete the deal but I am very uncomfortable about the whole situation. Until our future is secure and we are out of admin it's going to be difficult for any of us to rest easy.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
am
IJN":pau0c8eh said:
Very positive meeting, still twists and turns to go, but obviously we have to wait until the PB's show their hand.

We have to be vey careful, what is said, because, we can't be seen to do anything other than offer a rescue package. Nothing can be done whilst the PB is in the position they/he are in, they/he hold our club in their hands at this time, let's hope they can come up with the goods, because if they can't, the timescale is frightening.

No one is doubting the hard work put in by Brenda and his team and the energy shown by Peter Ridsdale, the problem is Heaney and is crew, what the hell are they/he doing?

People present were:-

Peter Ryan, James, James Brent, Uncle Buck, Peter Jones, Postey and myself.

Real detail was discussed, meat was put on the bone and suggestions were made and actions will be bought into play this week.

I think it fair to say, we are at the edge of the precipice, if Heaney doesn't buy us before the 5th August, we have to go even closer to the edge before we know if we can get to an area of safety.

IJN your second sentence again brings doubt into the minds of people who think this is more than a rescue package, I am no fan of Heaney by what I have read on this site, I am pro Ridsdale because I can't think of any other person who could do a better job in our current situation, the secrecy only brings doubt into peoples minds.

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah echo the sentiments. Thanks Chris for your hard work and regular updates. Great news we have a genuine plan B. I hope if plan A falls through we still have time for plan B to take effect.

A

Anonymous

dunlop":2eqcfuh4 said:
IJN your second sentence again brings doubt into the minds of people who think this is more than a rescue package, I am no fan of Heaney by what I have read on this site, I am pro Ridsdale because I can't think of any other person who could do a better job in our current situation, the secrecy only brings doubt into peoples minds.

I tried to word it carefully, as I didn't want to make people think 'here we go again, they're repeating what they've said before'. It IS a rescue package, nothing can be done unless Heaney pulls out.

As for Ridsdale, it would surely be folly, if he were poked off, with all that he knows at this stage, wouldn't it?

Sometimes Dunlop, things can be unsaid, can't they? :)

A

Anonymous

I'll have to admit it, I missed Graham Clark and Chris Webb off the original list. :oops: :oops: :oops:

In my defence, I was trying to think of James's surname and forgot them.

So, I'm taking my rightful place as CotW. :(

Rest assured though, I won't be flouncing off to the Naughty Step to play with my friends.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It is good to hear a 'rescue package' exists. I just cannot work out whether the PB's are struggling to get to a positive completion or they are playing a game of brinkmanship. If it is the latter, they will only lose goodwill and alienate any support they may have garnered.

A

Anonymous

IJN":2qbegohq said:
I'll have to admit it, I missed Graham Clark and Chris Webb off the original list. :oops: :oops: :oops:

So, I'm taking my rightful place as CotW.

His name is Jamie not James :) surname Yabsley. Definate CotW :)

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":3f4atvtm said:

So, I'm taking my rightful place as CotW. :(

Rest assured though, I won't be flouncing off to the Naughty Step to play with my friends.

Suits you Sir :)