Update from today's rescue plan meeting. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Update from today's rescue plan meeting.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Graham Clark":35nrxqfo said:
I can only endorse what others have said about this afternoon's Rescue Plan meeting. It was a very positive meeting and we are now all much, much clearer on the detail of what needs to be done and the timescale needed to deliver it.

As a Rescue Plan it can only come into effect if or when the Sale and Purchase Agreement does not complete due to the failure to meet the condition precedents of funding for completion or Football League approval. We understand that the timescale to meet the condition precedents of the Sales and Purchase Agreement extends to 5th August unless one or other of Bishop International Ltd or PAFC (125) Ltd formally withdraw.

The implications of a late withdrawal or failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement are obvious which is why the work on the Rescue Plan is intensifying. As before please do not expect any detail relating to the position of the secured creditors and football creditors to be revealed. It is entirely appropriate that details remain confidential between the relevant parties. Suffice to say though, very significant progress has been made today as will become clear.

No-one should doubt the will, determination and ability of the Rescue Plan group to put forward a coherent and deliverable Plan should the Sale and Purchase Agreement (Plan A) fail to complete. I would like to add a special thank you to James Brent for travelling down to Plymouth after an overnight flight from India and then going back to North Devon for a birthday party. If there are any doubts about his commitment that should say it all.

There seems to be a general concensus from those involved with Brents bid, that should Heaneys deal fall through, then the Brent bid being grabbed swiftly by Guilfoyle, is a mere foregone conclusion.

It may well be the 'next best bid'.

Or it may not.

Guilfoyle won't be passing the 'prefered bidder' status to Brent, purely on the back of him cosying up with locally prominent messageboard contributors, and an Interim Trust leader nominee.

There's more than a smattering of double standards too, with the 'zero information' on the detail of Heaneys bid, now being matched by the same 'zero' info being released into the public domain by Brent and Co.

From this point forward, cash will slowly be dripfeeding into the Home Park coffers, so timescales wouldn't be quite as desperate as they have been up to now.

If Heaneys bid fails, much to my chagrin, I reckon the Circus may continue for a good while yet...

Jan 27, 2006
Ridsdale interrupted his walking holiday to purchase and thus save Argyle - a transaction he neither sought or envisaged I hasten to add.

That's commitment.

Especially when you consider the acting chairman peed off to Dubai for a week.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
The Grumpy Loyal":6qs8jlvd said:
Graham Clark":6qs8jlvd said:
I can only endorse what others have said about this afternoon's Rescue Plan meeting. It was a very positive meeting and we are now all much, much clearer on the detail of what needs to be done and the timescale needed to deliver it.

As a Rescue Plan it can only come into effect if or when the Sale and Purchase Agreement does not complete due to the failure to meet the condition precedents of funding for completion or Football League approval. We understand that the timescale to meet the condition precedents of the Sales and Purchase Agreement extends to 5th August unless one or other of Bishop International Ltd or PAFC (125) Ltd formally withdraw.

The implications of a late withdrawal or failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement are obvious which is why the work on the Rescue Plan is intensifying. As before please do not expect any detail relating to the position of the secured creditors and football creditors to be revealed. It is entirely appropriate that details remain confidential between the relevant parties. Suffice to say though, very significant progress has been made today as will become clear.

No-one should doubt the will, determination and ability of the Rescue Plan group to put forward a coherent and deliverable Plan should the Sale and Purchase Agreement (Plan A) fail to complete. I would like to add a special thank you to James Brent for travelling down to Plymouth after an overnight flight from India and then going back to North Devon for a birthday party. If there are any doubts about his commitment that should say it all.

There seems to be a general concensus from those involved with Brents bid, that should Heaneys deal fall through, then the Brent bid being grabbed swiftly by Guilfoyle, is a mere foregone conclusion.

Or it may not.

Guilfoyle won't be passing the 'prefered bidder' status to Brent, purely on the back of him cosying up with locally prominent messageboard contributors, and an Interim Trust leader nominee.

There's more than a smattering of double standards too, with the 'zero information' on the detail of Heaneys bid, now being matched by the same 'zero' info being released into the public domain by Brent and Co.

From this point forward, cash will slowly be dripfeeding into the Home Park coffers, so timescales wouldn't be quite as desperate as they have been up to now.

If Heaneys bid fails, much to my chagrin, I reckon the Circus may continue for a good while yet...
It would be bloody awkward for BG to ignore him and besides who else is best placed to move so quick ?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

pilgrimmike1":2asgpgss said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2asgpgss said:
Graham Clark":2asgpgss said:

Or it may not.

It would be bloody awkward for BG to ignore him and besides who else is best placed to move so quick ?

I'm not suggesting he would ignore him. I was just playing Devils Advocate to the fairly common consent on these Boards that Brents bid would be a shoe-in.

A few months is a long long time in football. Who knows who may be interested should ownership come up for grabs again. Mum is quite clearly the word for both Heaney and Brent. It would seem logical that any new potential bidder wouldn't necessarily be shouting his bid from the rooftops...

...unless his name is Buttivant, of course. :)

C

Charlie Wood

dbgreen":2brbfmbg said:
IJN":2brbfmbg said:
As for Ridsdale, it would surely be folly, if he were poked off, with all that he knows at this stage, wouldn't it :)

What does that mean?

Is the suggestion, from other threads, that Ridsdale should be chairman in plan B a serious one?

I seriously hope not, I really had hoped to step foot in Home Park this season!

I was interested to see Esmer saying on the pro PB's and Ridsdales to Plan B (whatever that means :roll: )thread

"If you read my posts and the posts of others in the "pro" lobby properly you would see we are not anti James Brent in fact the opposite I'm delighted he is still involved. I've got no idea whether the Heaney deal will complete, I'm as worried about it as anyone. The trouble is I'm far from convinced that plan B is workable. I'm very, very concerned about the future of my club. We have two chances of survival and I don't think we have the luxury of picking and choosing."

Can we take this as an indication that the "Fearless ones" are subtly repositioning towards the Brent camp in the event it all goes mammaries up?

R

Rupert

dbgreen":o3vz8uc6 said:
IJN":o3vz8uc6 said:
As for Ridsdale, it would surely be folly, if he were poked off, with all that he knows at this stage, wouldn't it :)

What does that mean?

Is the suggestion, from other threads, that Ridsdale should be chairman in plan B a serious one?

I think you'll find that, if Brent had been picked as the preferred bidder, Ridsdale would have been heavily involved in what followed. As he is now, with a different preferred bidder. So assuming that "Plan B" would be a Ridsdale-free zone is likely to be a mistake.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Rupert":2emamcjg said:
dbgreen":2emamcjg said:
IJN":2emamcjg said:

What does that mean?

I think you'll find that, if Brent had been picked as the preferred bidder, Ridsdale would have been heavily involved in what followed. As he is now, with a different preferred bidder. So assuming that "Plan B" would be a Ridsdale-free zone is likely to be a mistake.

In my view that would be both a shame and an error, but I realise I may be in a minority on this.

D

dbgreen

Me too Gareth and I'll never talk to Milehouse Man again ;-)

Seriously, truly gutted that this is a possibility. Oh well, life's poo!

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
A brief statement following today's meeting was agreed by the participants.

Statement from Rescue Plan Meeting 22nd July 2011

A meeting was held today of members of the ā€œRescue Plan Committeeā€ that was set up to ensure that a backup plan is in place should the sale and purchase agreement not complete.

The meeting was very productive, more details of the plan were fleshed out, but the publication of details could be interpreted as an attempt to derail the sale and purchase agreement, which is not our intention.

However, the group remains convinced that, with the support of others, a rescue plan could be implemented in a few weeks should the need arise. As Argyle Fansā€™ Trust Chair Chris Webb said, ā€œthe energy and enthusiasm of this group to putting in place a rescue plan - should it be needed - is immense; the fact that James Brent came to the meeting straight from his long haul flight back from India is testament to his 100% commitment to the causeā€.

Aug 10, 2006
Peter Ryan":2mrvwn0n said:

A meeting was held today of members of the ā€œRescue Plan Committeeā€ that was set up to ensure that a backup plan is in place should the sale and purchase agreement not complete.

The meeting was very productive, more details of the plan were fleshed out, but the publication of details could be interpreted as an attempt to derail the sale and purchase agreement, which is not our intention.

However, the group remains convinced that, with the support of others, a rescue plan could be implemented in a few weeks should the need arise. As Argyle Fansā€™ Trust Chair Chris Webb said, ā€œthe energy and enthusiasm of this group to putting in place a rescue plan - should it be needed - is immense; the fact that James Brent came to the meeting straight from his long haul flight back from India is testament to his 100% commitment to the causeā€.
by

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
loyal1970":2qj5wgtk said:
Peter Ryan":2qj5wgtk said:

by

It says ""A brief statement following today's meeting was agreed by the participants" Although only Trust Chairman is quoted in a statement produced on Pasoti by the Trust secretary.

So there you have it, its the Trust what did it.

Shame they havent got any money.