Tyreik Wright to Bradford on loan | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Tyreik Wright to Bradford on loan

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Not true, watched most of the games he has played in for us, he was given chances in l1 last season to shine and failed every one. Sorry but this one is best gone IMO.
Not arguing with that he's best gone. He definitely is. Didn't fit us, we didn't fit him. A weird signing from the off. But I'd question whether he had an attitude problem, that's just a bit of a cheap shot.

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
Not arguing with that he's best gone. He definitely is. Didn't fit us, we didn't fit him. A weird signing from the off. But I'd question whether he had an attitude problem, that's just a bit of a cheap shot.
Fair enough, we agree on the key points so lets move on.

Reactions: monkeywrench

AWC

Feb 26, 2008
Good luck to tyreik. Clearly signed on the data when we were in league one. I do think there’s a player in there, but unfortunately he never really worked in our systems, and as others have mentioned the gulf in class between league 2 and the championship is immense. I genuinely wish him all the best, I hope he tears up feathers with Bradford to give us some food for thought. Those that mention the loan encase we get relegated, I disagree. January presents a funny window for signings and for both clubs, it almost appears risk free. And FWIW, I’m confident with our strategy in (this windows) recruiting that we’ll have enough to hold our own. However, I do think the recruitment for this window needs to be better than the last window. Yes, we got over the line but that was primarily with the starting 11 we had in December. I admire the decisions made so far this season, the recruitment has been immense (hence the loans have gone on to succeed with their parents clubs, be it loan or transfers). We are where we are at this point. It was never going to be easy, but I trust the board and the process.

Mar 11, 2018
Best of luck to him.
Personally I think he'll only get another chance at Argyle if we're playing in League 1 next season. It's a huge jump from League 2 to the Championship nowadays so not everyone will make it.
I think so too. A loan move was a good idea, but going down two leagues and back to Bradford is disappointing. I'd hoped he would go to a League I club and get additional experience in another football environment. Even if he does well in the second half of the season, the Championship is a very different beast. So, my guess is we're putting him in the lower leagues shop window and looking to recoup some of our investment in him.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I think many comments on here are unfair and have their roots based on a couple of clips of him not smiling at the champions celebrations.

I agree he may not be at Championship level but he had limited opportunities and the character assassination seems very unfair.

Good luck Tyriek, there is a good player in there but maybe he will not thrive for us at this level.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I always got the feeling watching him that he didn’t really want to be here. That he very quickly probably wished he’d stayed at Bradford. I think this showed in some of his performances.

He’s got the physique and pace to be a top footballer but at the moment it seems the top end of L1 / bottom end of the Championship are a step too far.

Hope it works out for him at Bradford, couldn’t of been easy moving to the other end of the country and not having it work out, may explain the lack of “ application” in some of his performances.

Feb 8, 2005
I think so too. A loan move was a good idea, but going down two leagues and back to Bradford is disappointing. I'd hoped he would go to a League I club and get additional experience in another football environment. Even if he does well in the second half of the season, the Championship is a very different beast. So, my guess is we're putting him in the lower leagues shop window and looking to recoup some of our investment in him.
Cannot see a second division team paying a fee for anyone.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Isn't this judgement based on the same "very limited information" that you have criticised others for using when forming an opinion on TW?
You only need to read comments on here about him - rough deal off the pitch.
He's barely played on 12 months - rough deal on it.

Jan 27, 2006
I mean to echo other people, there were several in-game instances where his fellow players seemed to be annoyed at his efforts and off the top of my head I noticed his shoulders drop and him stop making 5 yard runs or try to regain possession at Bristol City and at home against Palace after they went ahead. Then at Coventry, his attempt to stop the wing back go past him leading to their goal was weak. And I don't think he's played in many other games this season.
Supporters, believe it or not, can sometimes detect a lack of application on matchdays, without having to be at training every day.
You’re holding Coventry against him? The ball went out. He defended it as well as can be expected. That has to be among the most unreasonable and clearly prejudicial things I’ve ever seen written on PASOTI.

FWIW I thought in his time on the pitch at Coventry he looked the most inventive of all our players going forward.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Good luck to him, one of the few blips in our recent recruitment policy.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Although Wright is going back to Bradford he'll be playing under a different manager to the one who took him on loan from Aston Villa in the summer of 2022.
It will be interesting to see if he gets picked every week under a new manager.